No announcement yet.

20 Feet From Stardom

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Feet From Stardom

We just watched this documentary (Netflixs) about the back-up singers who made so-sos sound good and greats sound even greater. There is some incredible kick-ass singing in this video, and the (mostly) women are sassy, funny and soooooo good at what they do! Also delves into why its hard for even a well-established back-up singer to go for a solo career.

All in all, positive vibrations in this film!
    Last edited by Smilin' Bob; 09-26-2016, 11:35 PM.
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Some back-up singers eventually get their own deal, like Patti Labelle, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Luther Vandross, Michael McDonald, Rita Coolidge...the list is longer than most would think.

It isn't just singers, though. Sidemen/women live in the same shadow. Clapton is a perfect example of one who found the limelight.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Me and a bunch of Hermosa Beach locals once rubbernecked at a Smoky and the Bandit (IIRC) shoot. Saw Boit AND Farah. I was awestruck. Was 50 or more feet though. yuk yuk
      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I always liked the ladies in Lynyrd Skynyrd.... they sounded and looked good. I like some of the old Motown groups with the snazzy backups!

Comment

Working...
        X