Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to get annoyed...

**ring***
    Hello?
    Good afternoon we are calling grocery shoppers today to get their opinions on-
    Wait, what's in it for me?
    Sir?
    Look, you are getting paid to do this survey, right?
    Well, our company gets paid-
    And you, you get paid right?
    Yes....
    And you want me to spend my time answering your questions? That ultimately will be of immense value to your client?
    Yes, and-
    But you aren't willing to pay me for my time?
    Well, no, but-
    Call me back when you are willing to pay me. Bye!

Last edited by daddymack; 07-31-2016, 05:30 PM.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Go get 'em Daddymack!
    Capitalism for all or for none at all!

I don't do surveys either. I just tell them I'm in the middle of a serious exfoliation. They either hang up confused because they don't know what it is, or disgusted because they do. Either way, I put something in their head.
    Last edited by AlamoJoe; 07-31-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

what really gets me is that phone number is on both the state and federal 'do not call' list...but since there is no one actually enforcing the lists, it is open season. Because of where our house is, we absolutely need to maintain a landline, and we are therefor easy targets.
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
      "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Unbelievable...it happened again tonight...I gave teh guy the same spiel...you get paid...why don't I deserve to get paid? he was speechless...perfect.

Comment

How about:

*rinnnng*

Hello?

Good Afternoon sir we are ca...

*Clllllick !! !1!!111!*

Comment

Just now some guy calls, and after about 20 seconds od background noise [typical boilerroom], finally says "let me speak to Mr. Daddy Mack."
            my reply: "I don't think I will" CLICK!

where does he get off with 'let me'? Da noyv!

Comment

That's why I ended up canceling my land line service. Every other call was a telemarketer.

Comment

I usually get my survey money up front.

How does you feel about having solar panels put on your house. My roof is pitch facing east and west, so I can't really use em, but I could give them your number. Let me know.

We get call all the time on the ol land line we still have here at the house.

Sometimes I love talkin. Mostly as a 5 year old kid. Sometimes I play a hearing and speech impaired gentleman. I have others too that answer the phone. My wife gets so annoyed with me at times. Time is money.

Another fav is an overly excited gay man.

Get the money up front. Cash is king. Remember that. Credit cards work too, I can run your cc through the square.

Sometime the old surveys they send through the mail, they send you a dollar for your time. I once filled on out, which took about 3 hours. I just start tossing the surveys out and keeping the buck for other stuff, like a coffee at the gas station.

Best wishes.

We got two calls tonight, I didn't answer either one, but I could have.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

shut most of the noise down. crank calls were at one time silly...now traceable..

Comment

• daddymack
                    daddymack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    traceable...? Please explain, because even with caller ID, they come in as 'private'.

When I was in Dallas I got on some kind of list and picked to do a in person survey in which they'd pay $150 - $200. It was about different colones or high end sun glasses or something like that. It took like an hours time and of course they didn't let you know what brand they represented.

Comment

I don't mind if they want to pay me for my time...just did one last week, paid $125...now that is reasonable for a couple hours of my time and my highly respected opinion. They were even up front about who it was for, and I don't think they were really happy with our group results, but that is what makes it interesting.

Comment

I rarely answer the phone, unless it's someone I know, or I want tryout some new comedy routine that I have been working one.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I do a bit of improv with the callers if I feel I can string them along and waste their time, since they only get paid if they land a fish.

Comment

Working...
                        X