No announcement yet.

Happy T-Day ppl ....

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy T-Day ppl ....

I'm hoping this thread is still on the first page next year so I don't have to go fishing for it

ok, don't eat too much and remember, don't be a pig. ... and don't forget to bring a pie or a bottle of boones farm or mad dog 20-20 or something like that or cigars or help clean up.

Pie: Check.
    Boones Farm: Check.
    MD 20-20: Check.
    Cigars: Check.
    What time is dinner Tweedy?
    my gear
    some crap
    some spare crap in case my regular crap breaks
    HCGB Trooper #252 On permanant KP

Comment

or all of the above!
      Thanks, Tweedie, and the same to you and the rest of the folks who still come by here: Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow...and remember...Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national symbol instead of the bald eagle. What would we eat on Thanksgiving if that had come to pass?
      Last edited by daddymack; 11-26-2015, 12:05 PM.
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
      "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all you HC peeps. May your turkey be tender, your stuffing moist, and your pie the best ever.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Hey Tweedy n' everybody! I was just feeling thankful to be here, and hope you all have a fine TG!

So much to feel thankful for at a time so many people don't have much at all!
          NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone. We had plenty to eat and I hope you did too.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

It was a good day. Lots of good food, beautiful weather, bocci ball and cornhole on the lawn. It was nice to just forget about all the flood related crap for a while.

Comment

• daddymack
                daddymack commented
                Editing a comment
                'cornhole'?

It has to do with the flinging of beanbags (often filled with corn) at boards with holes in them. Although the unfortunate semantics do raise a few eyebrows, it's not a bad way to spend the afternoon.

Comment

y'all ain't f'um rown heah, ere ya?

that would be called beanbag toss here...cornholin' is something completely different...
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Per Wikipedia......Cornhole, also known as dummy boards, bean bag toss, dadhole, doghouse, Baggo, or simply Bags.

I guess it's regional as far as the nomenclature is concerned.

I don't even want to think about where "dadhole" might have come from.

*resists the urge to delve into politically incorrect humor regarding the left coast*

The first time I ran across the expression in this context was in a biker bar we were playing near Charleston about 7-8 years ago. They had a painted sign with the tounament rules on it. I remember thinking, "Wait.....there's rules? OMG, a tournament?!? LOAD OUT!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X