Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD to me....

I've picked up just enough side money [and got a discount from a friend of a friend's local guitar company] to get myself a Tele knockoff...the last missing link in my guitar collection according to several people....
    She's a Hard Luck Kings Chop Shop Series Southern Belleand she can quack...still getting the feel for the neck and the controls...but into my Champion 600 with a dab of slap back echo (yes, I used a stompbox, but only because the amp is so basic) she has done everything I asked her to do...
    Now, of course, I have to get some more gigs to pay for a strap, straplocks and a case...Sunday's pick-up gig will cover some of that.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by daddymack; 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Noice! A while back I bought a CV Tele. Pine body, low power pickups, sounds pretty good. I'm thinking about a middle pickup though. I haven't played tele's much since the early 70's
    http://www.soundclick.com/daveheinlein

Comment

Cool guitar. Nothing wrong with stompboxes.....for $50 you can make any sound in the world.
      It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Happy NGD DM! Nice looking colour scheme.
        Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

that'll work, HNGD

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            Happy NGD DM! Nice looking colour scheme.
            yeah, it matches the rest of the 'collection'...guess I'll have to pull them all out and do a new 'class photo'...when I get the bass back together and the 'sample' ax rewired...and MommaMack ain't around to ask where all the guitars came from...
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Nice looking guitar, DM. There's something very distinctive about the Tele sound. How are your chicken-pickin' chops?
              Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

I'm never gonna be Albert Lee, Brent Mason, etc., but I can fake it adequately for my needs...I ain't in no country band anymo'....

Comment

country or no, you can still find a niche for a nice tele... well done, stringpopper...
                  poast something...

Comment

that's a nice lookin' gitar right there.

Comment

and the price was right...~150 bongo bucks...

Comment

However...it is about 3/4" longer than a tele. So guess what? A standard tele case (Gator) won't fit it (not my Fender strat case, either!). I had to play musical cases over the past few days, but I found it fits the case I use for my 62 Melody Maker (the one they gave me for $10 when I bought it in 1972 at what used to be the Ernie Ball Store! [which I thought was more than it was worth at the time, yet, here I am 42 years later, and have taken the case all over CA, Nev, AZ, and across the USA, even checked it as luggage on United once!]), and the Melody Maker just fits in the tele case I ordered, so, there it is. Minor drama...problem solved.

So I just put strap locks on the Belle, and made some minor set-up adjustments, and wowee...she plays nice...

Also I noticed that the pic from their website shows them using the traditional tele three screw bridge/string thru design, but this is a six screw (individual adjustable bridge), and it is not string thru. Curiouser and curiouser...

Comment

Love them Xs, DM!

And observe with a smile that so far, not a cavil in sight about cheap (enter your favorite industrializing country name here) guitars with substandard hardware and components that will be unreliable in a gigging situation and collapse into warped match sticks within two years!
                          NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

you mean like guitars from certain East Coast Distributors?

Label snobbery, particularly for guitars is slowly being erased by better quality builds offshore and deteriorating quality from the big name guys, like the carpetbaggers in Tennessee...I will put my Korean made Epi Alley Kat up against a Gibson made in Memphis semi (including my ES135LE) at twice the price...oh, wait, nothing in that range? three times the price...oh...okay four times the price.

Comment

Yep. My two Korean Agiles are still playing mighty sweetly. I'd get another one if I needed another guitar, which I don't.
                              NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Working...
                              X