No announcement yet.

Agile LP2000 Blue Quilt

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

The frets questions been answered thanks guys.

Now, on their website it says not a photo but real maple top. What does that mean, that is, is it 3/4" Thick Top, or a laminated top (still not a photo you know, I am maybe a little too paranoid here )?

The most sure way is by looking into the pickup cavity (BTW I am not saying you should, but if somebody has done that already I'd appreciate the info).

Comment

Originally posted by kuntikin
      Looks great!

The frets questions been answered thanks guys.

Now, on their website it says not a photo but real maple top. What does that mean, that is, is it 3/4" Thick Top, or a laminated top (still not a photo you know, I am maybe a little too paranoid here )?

The most sure way is by looking into the pickup cavity (BTW I am not saying you should, but if somebody has done that already I'd appreciate the info).

What that means is that the top of the guitar has had two thin bookmatched pieces of maple laminated to the top. True, they may be close to paper thin, but they are real quilted maple...so each top is different...and because it's not a photo, it does have some depth to it...it's an effective look. Does it have as much depth as a fully finished 3/4 " maple top?...of course not, but you're just not going to find that sort of maple cap on a $250 guitar...nor will you find it on a $500 guitar...or likely even higher than that.

No offense, but I think you may be a bit paranoid... simply put, this is the best $250 guitar I have ever seen...it's beautiful and it plays great. You could lie and tell someone who's familiar with guitars, but not the Agile name, that it's a custom brand and that you paid between $500 and $1000...I doubt they'd bat an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by bob-ingram

Nah, the "beater" would be this guy....

I'm thinking of this one only because it looks so cool. Les Paul TV model copy. I might add a seond P-90 Pu too.

I had a '73 Univox Limited Edition, which is just like that guitar, only with the two P-90 configuration...it ripped. I sold it because someone offered me entirely too much money for it.

If Kurt offered a two pickup model, I'd probably buy one...just so I could have one again.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeMover

What that means is that the top of the guitar has had two thin bookmatched pieces of maple laminated to the top. True, they may be close to paper thin, but they are real quilted maple...so each top is different...and because it's not a photo, it does have some depth to it...it's an effective look. Does it have as much depth as a fully finished 3/4 " maple top?...of course not, but you're just not going to find that sort of maple cap on a $250 guitar...nor will you find it on a $500 guitar...or likely even higher than that.

No offense, but I think you may be a bit paranoid... simply put, this is the best $250 guitar I have ever seen...it's beautiful and it plays great. You could lie and tell someone who's familiar with guitars, but not the Agile name, that it's a custom brand and that you paid between $500 and $1000...I doubt they'd bat an eye.

Now I know. I did not own a laminated top so far, thus was wondering whether or not those were real maple caps. (If it were, then it would be unbelievable!)

That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeMover

You could lie and tell someone who's familiar with guitars, but not the Agile name, that it's a custom brand and that you paid between $500 and $1000...I doubt they'd bat an eye.

I tend to agree!!

Comment

Nah, the "beater" would be this guy....

I'm thinking of this one only because it looks so cool. Les Paul TV model copy. I might add a seond P-90 Pu too.

I was looking at that guitar online. I'd love to get that if my wife lets me.

Comment

Originally posted by ericguitar

I was looking at that guitar online. I'd love to get that if my wife lets me.

LOL. the key is to not let your wife know how many of what type of guitars you have. I have a stack lined up in my littel room downstairs. She'll never know if I get another.
                Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

LOL. the key is to not let your wife know how many of what type of guitars you have. I have a stack lined up in my littel room downstairs. She'll never know if I get another.

Bob...excellent idea. I keep all my stuff in the garage. i'll just say well...my friend didn't want it anymore so he sold it to me for $20.

Comment

Bob...excellent idea. I keep all my stuff in the garage. i'll just say well...my friend didn't want it anymore so he sold it to me for $20.

No, don't lie, you'll get caught in that. Put it in the garage with the others, then months later if she asks, "Haven't you ever seen that one? I've had it for ever."
                    Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

No, don't lie, you'll get caught in that. Put it in the garage with the others, then months later if she asks, "Haven't you ever seen that one? I've had it for ever."

Good one! Bob it's nice to meet another player who likes guitars that aren't over $500. If it's a good piece of wood, other faults can be fixed. I love the look of the Junior but can't go and pay $4K for one.

Comment

Good one! Bob it's nice to meet another player who likes guitars that aren't over $500. If it's a good piece of wood, other faults can be fixed. I love the look of the Junior but can't go and pay $4K for one.

I've been playing a long time, long enough to know that a guitar is jut a piece of wood with strings (Les Paul quote, not mine).

I have a few expensive guitars, but I don't find them better than the cheeps one's. I'm thinking of making a trip to Rondo next week, work load depending, to check out these Agile's. This blue quilt (remember that? at the beginning of the thread). is really nice looking.
                        Bob I

Comment

Well I finaly got an opportunity today to spend some time dialing in the intonation, adjusting the neck relief, etc. etc. Got her setup the way I like and had time to get acclimated...

This guitar is growing on me very very fast.. Like i said in an earlier post.. I had a Raven RP300 very recently.. The Raven was a decent enough LP knockoff but the Agile is a couple notches above the Raven easily.
                          I was paranoid that my wife ordered me an instrument but reguardless of the outcome wouldn't have said a word because she not only does NOT complain about the amount of time I spend with my instruments but actually encourages me and took enough of an interest to purchase me an instrument!! For that I will be enternally gratefull!!
                          So,,had the Agile turned out to be POS I would still have cherished it as much as my fav for those reasons but the real capper is this is an EXCELLENT guitar!!
                          I have a large magnifying glass I use for fret work.. I've been over every square inch of this guitar and have yet to find a flaw..
                          The vol pots are smooth. Volume increases are smooth rather than a sudden burst.. It plays well and sounds good to my old ears My biggest complaint is,, it is my only NON Floyd guitar with the exception of my Strats that have standard trems on them so, I am constantly reaching for the trem arm

None the less,, This one is a keeper

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger
                            Well I finaly got an opportunity today to spend some time dialing in the intonation, adjusting the neck relief, etc. etc. Got her setup the way I like and had time to get acclimated...

This guitar is growing on me very very fast.. Like i said in an earlier post.. I had a Raven RP300 very recently.. The Raven was a decent enough LP knockoff but the Agile is a couple notches above the Raven easily.
                            I was paranoid that my wife ordered me an instrument but reguardless of the outcome wouldn't have said a word because she not only does NOT complain about the amount of time I spend with my instruments but actually encourages me and took enough of an interest to purchase me an instrument!! For that I will be enternally gratefull!!
                            So,,had the Agile turned out to be POS I would still have cherished it as much as my fav for those reasons but the real capper is this is an EXCELLENT guitar!!
                            I have a large magnifying glass I use for fret work.. I've been over every square inch of this guitar and have yet to find a flaw..
                            The vol pots are smooth. Volume increases are smooth rather than a sudden burst.. It plays well and sounds good to my old ears My biggest complaint is,, it is my only NON Floyd guitar with the exception of my Strats that have standard trems on them so, I am constantly reaching for the trem arm

Axe, you are a lucky man to have such a supportive wife. My wife almost left me for buying a guitar from the money my dad gave me for my 30th birthday.

Comment

Nice guitar, and it goes with the furniture too !

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger

Thanks for the great report. It's especally nice when our wives are supportive of our hobbies/obsessions. I try to be supportive of what my wife likes to do with her spare time also.

Enjoy it, I'll let you know if I decide to get one of these too, I'm getting close.
                                Bob I

Comment

Working...
                                X