Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Agile LP2000 Blue Quilt

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Agile LP2000 Blue Quilt



    I just recieved this Agile this morning from my wife and thought I'd post a pic for those that want to see what one ACTUALLY looks like..
    Can't give an accurate review yet but I'll say this.. I can't find a blemish anywhere!! Initially,, I'm shocked at the quality of this instrument!! And I've owned a Raven RP300... More later..

  • #2
    What's the fretwork like? Size, shape and finish? Are they installed correctly? Fret ends?

    Does the guitar intonate correctly? Dead spots?

    How's the overall weight?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sonny56
      What's the fretwork like? Size, shape and finish? Are they installed correctly? Fret ends?



      Does the guitar intonate correctly? Dead spots?

      How's the overall weight?


      Frets appear to be in the medium range.. fret ends are polished above average IMHO I gave the inlays and frets the ole magnifying glass inspection and can honestly say NICE WORK..

      I weighed it on a digital scale.. Exactly 10lbs

      The intonation seems a little off on the Low E and A strings.. only slightly.. I've been around guitars and played for 30 some years and this is to be expected on a new instrument.. I've never bought one that I didn't have to setup to MY specs

      No deadspots at all.. Jury is still out on the pickups.. Mind you I DO want to be fair and not post a babbling overhyped review like we all read over in the review section

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey, thanks.

        Sounds like these might be a real bargain. I'm not that concerned about the pickups since they can be easily replaced, but I'm always afraid on the low cost mail order axes that the fretwork is poorly installed or finished, or that the guitar is impossible to intonate due to improper construction.

        I really like the look of those new flame maple capped Agile LP knockoffs, but don't want a shiny "turd" if you know what I mean.

        Good luck and post more opinions when possible.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Axeslinger


          Frets appear to be in the medium range.. fret ends are polished above average IMHO I gave the inlays and frets the ole magnifying glass inspection and can honestly say NICE WORK..

          The intonation seems a little off on the Low E and A strings.. only slightly.. I've been around guitars and played for 30 some years and this is to be expected on a new instrument.. I've never bought one that I didn't have to setup to MY specs

          No deadspots at all.. Jury is still out on the pickups.. Mind you I DO want to be fair and not post a babbling overhyped review like we all read over in the review section


          Everything you say is the case... I still haven't found anything wrong with mine, other than a slight intonation thing...easily fixed.

          ...and I definitely like the pickups in mine.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sonny,

            I totally understand I've always had the opinion that if a guitar's platform(what I call the fretboard,neck and body) is good then everything else in easily replaced.. I don't subscribe to the "If it's not made in the USA,,it's crap" theory..
            I'm comparing this to the RP300 I owned and the MANY LP's I've played lately. I played a quilt top Epi LP last weekend that was MUCH better than the high dollar Les Pauls I had played only minutes earlier..

            The Raven RP300 I had was a decent enough LP knockoff and I installed an Evolution and SD59 in it but, I never really fell in love with that guitar. Y'know what I mean?
            This one is growing on me fast

            I just installed a new Warmoth neck on one of my Strats this last weekend with 6105 fret wire on it. These, I would catagorize as between the 6105 and 6130 wire..

            Prime,
            These pups are definately serviceable and the neck pickup sounds very good but I'm not sure the bridge pickup has the power I want.. They are matched well I must say.
            The one thing I've found that bugs me(and can be easily fixed) is,, when my pickup selector is in the middle position only the neck pickup is engaged.. Is yours wired this way as well?
            I wasn't expecting to find Grover tuners on this It stays in tune well

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Axeslinger


              I just recieved this Agile this morning from my wife and thought I'd post a pic for those that want to see what one ACTUALLY looks like..
              Can't give an accurate review yet but I'll say this.. I can't find a blemish anywhere!! Initially,, I'm shocked at the quality of this instrument!! And I've owned a Raven RP300... More later..


              she's really pretty and if the fret work, fit and finish is what you say it it, I'm looking into one of these myself. I have an advantage over most though, Rondo in only about a 35 minute drive from my house.

              I bought my first electric guitar there in 1963, a Danelectro for $35. Somehow this guy always has an eye for good quality inexpensive guitars and amps.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Bob I <br />
              <br />
              I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that! </div>

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Axeslinger
                Prime,
                These pups are definately serviceable and the neck pickup sounds very good but I'm not sure the bridge pickup has the power I want.. They are matched well I must say.
                The one thing I've found that bugs me(and can be easily fixed) is,, when my pickup selector is in the middle position only the neck pickup is engaged.. Is yours wired this way as well?
                I wasn't expecting to find Grover tuners on this It stays in tune well


                Sounds to me like you've found a little glitch there...my pickup switching is indeed, the same way. Doensn't bother me too much though...everything else about this guitar I am digging heavily.

                Gotta like that Grover tuner thing. As far as the pickups go, they are well matched. Perhaps I'm just not that particular about pickup sound (within reason)...but I've been able to get all the tones I've wanted to get from them...I'm not really looking for any sound in particular, just nice middle of the road pickups that will allow me to cover a wide variety of sounds/styles...and these seem to do the trick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very nice!
                  I've heard many good reviews on the Agile lp's.
                  Many say the are easely as good as Epi korean lp's.
                  And a much better deal at $239 or $249.

                  How does the quilt look up close. Is it as nice as on the Rondo website?

                  Kent
                  www.heddatheband.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That's a sweet lookin' guitar !!! Congrats!!! myles loud

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kherman
                      Very nice!
                      I've heard many good reviews on the Agile lp's.
                      Many say the are easely as good as Epi korean lp's.
                      And a much better deal at $239 or $249.

                      How does the quilt look up close. Is it as nice as on the Rondo website?

                      Kent


                      My Amber quilt quality looks exactly like the picture at Rondo... Obviously, the quilt pattern is different, but the quality is the same...very very nice.

                      Just a guess, but I'd say there's a good chance that these Agile LPs come from the same Korean plant that the Epi LPs come from...probably Samick.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice to see another good one out there making someone happy!

                        As to the switch thang, the ones ive gotten in two humbucker setup all had the same config in wiring.

                        Neck position was just the neck pu.
                        Middle position was both pu's
                        Bridge [position was just bridge pu.

                        You may wanna rewire it correctly since it will give more tone options. Its a lil bit of a pain to have to do that but if you got a real wwiner as far as everything else goes its cheaper and easier to keep it and rewire the switch.

                        See ya'll i twernt liein to ya about these things! They are nice for the bucks! I gave mine away to people around my complex, or sold them to same. A guy and a gal round there had theirs ripped (different times and places). They couldnt afford new ones so i helped them out this year. And in one case i sold my CSB to a bud who wasnt poor and wanted a good player. But i aint letting go of my EG260 Essex. I admit the Essex are not anywhere near the Agiles overall but this one just honks to me when i play it.
                        Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kherman
                          Very nice!

                          How does the quilt look up close. Is it as nice as on the Rondo website?

                          Kent


                          I reduced the pic i posted quite a bit but intentionally left it somewhat large because I know alot of people around here are considering one of these Agiles, so I wanted to post a large photo to help those draw their own conclusions..
                          First glance at this instrument suggests quality and I've found nothing to contradict that. The switch miswire is no big deal to me and intonation adjustments were expected.. I'm starting to consider a Black Beauty copy from them

                          Oh,,and BTW,, I've always been a Strat/Superstrat guy I'm still reaching fer the wiggle stick on this bad boy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Really nice looking guitar for the money. I'd like to try one.
                            It'd be nice to have a "beater" guitar that I wouldn't be
                            afraid to gig with and if it got ripped off or damaged I'd just
                            shrug. But that looks like a really nice example of what an
                            inexpensive guitar should be. Yow!
                            ________________________________________
                            music projects are now available online at http://aliensporebomb.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aliensporebomb
                              Really nice looking guitar for the money. I'd like to try one.
                              It'd be nice to have a "beater" guitar that I wouldn't be
                              afraid to gig with and if it got ripped off or damaged I'd just
                              shrug. But that looks like a really nice example of what an
                              inexpensive guitar should be. Yow!


                              Nah, the "beater" would be this guy....



                              I'm thinking of this one only because it looks so cool. Les Paul TV model copy. I might add a seond P-90 Pu too.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Bob I <br />
                              <br />
                              I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that! </div>

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X