X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele spankin' anyone?

Give a listen to a friend of mine from another forum kickin' ass and takin' names.

EDIT: The original file was pulled due to the owner's request. Here's another to replace it.

http://pages.tca.net/scott_f/Drop-D-Boogie.mp3

EDIT2: Well, the original file is still there, so I'm gonna post this link. It may break at any time, give a listen while you can. It's worth it.

http://pages.tca.net/scott_f/Tele-Spankin.mp3

Here's the equipment list for those who mind such things

Fender American Nashville B-Bender Telecaster
    Pickup used - Seymour Duncan APTL-3JD (Jerry Donahue Model)
    Amplification - Peavey Classic 50/410
    Effects - BOSS ME-33 (for delay), Marshall Compressor

Some day, I will be able to play the guitar.

holy **************** cc. that was incredible! i don't think my fingers could move that quick for that long. jeez. that is probably the coolest thing i ever heard on this forum.

well, my day (like many others i bet) has started on a humbling note.

how are ya anyway cc?

Comment

Yeah, this guy is pretty amazing. I'll post a link to another song he played on, sounds like Larry Carlton. This guy is good.

I'm OK, casp, thanks for asking. Busier than I'd like to be at work. I think your signature about sums up the situation.

Comment

Here's another bit by this guy. He's scary good.

http://pages.tca.net/scott_f/kelley.mp3

Guitar - Samick Royale (RL-3 AM) This guitar is a semi hollow-body thinline with tone chambers instead of the standard hollow-body/block of wood design
        Pickups - Seymour Duncan APH-1 (neck), SH-11 (Bridge)
        Amp - Peavey Classic 50/410 (Clean channel used for this track)
        Effects - Danelectro Surf & Turf Compressor, Ibanez TS-9, BOSS ME-33 for delay
        For recording, I used a Shure SM-57 on the lower left speaker. I set the mic about 2" away from the grill cloth and located it about halfway between the cone and the edge of the speaker.

Comment

thanks for posting these tunes cc. if you talk to the guy, tell him he has a new biggest fan. i love the vocals too. that guy needs to be making records for the masses.

Comment

Hey those tunes were great. Man that Dude has some fast fingers. I think my speakers melted. Does He come to HC?
            Great voice kind of like Gerry Rafferty (sp?). Great playing.

More More More!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
            <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I've learned everything I think I Know.&quot;</div>

Comment

Damn. I doubt I could get this fast with varispeed tricks.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">- <b>CAUTION</b>: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people. </div>

Comment

Wow! This guy's country-shred chops are up there with giants like Brent Mason! Absolutely phenomenal!

On the second tune I was more impressed with the fact that he can get a tone like that out of a Samick and other fairly low-cost gear than with the actual notes he played. Good sound. Gives hope to us poor guys!

The vocalist WAS great! Was that the guitarist doing the singing? If it was, this guy's an all-around monster!

Thanks, CC! I'd love to hear more from this guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Cain
                  Give a listen to a friend of mine from another forum kickin' ass and takin' names.

Damn, I guess we don't need to wonder what this guy does all day long. Is he a pro player? Nashville guy?

Comment

bump.

i can't believe more people have not seen this thread.

Comment

Sorry, the guy who recorded this requested that the file be pulled. Believe it or not, he wasn't satisfied with that cut. He felt it lacked any feeling. Plus, his band didn't want it published because it was a first mix, not "polished" yet.

Man, I'm in line for their CD if that's not a keeper track! Actually, I'm in line anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Cain
                        Sorry, the guy who recorded this requested that the file be pulled. Believe it or not, he wasn't satisfied with that cut. He felt it lacked any feeling. Plus, his band didn't want it published because it was a first mix, not "polished" yet.

Man, I'm in line for their CD if that's not a keeper track! Actually, I'm in line anyway

bummer. well, tell the guy i am sold on what he's doing anyway.

Comment

Such kind of people should be banned to touch a six string! I am depressed . Where is the satan I wanna sell my soul .

Comment

I posted a link to the original file again. Listen while you can, I don't know how long it will be at the site.

The guy did not do the singing on "Kelley", but I agree, awesome voice.

I don't know what he does for a living, he's a forum buddy, never met him in real life or discussed such things online.

A CD is due out eventually, I will have a copy.

Comment

Very cool playing; what is his handle and where does he lurk? TDPRI, by any chance??

Comment

Working...
                              X