Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Agile Les Paul DC

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the first ones were off abit, but that was fixed. I thought they had decided to goto the slightly shorter scale though. But i could be wrong. I trust bob enough to not doubt his ruler!
    Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

• Ummmm,

ive always been taught that scale is measured nut to the 12th fret,

times two,

equals the distance from nut to the saddle of the 1st string.

Then each strings thickness is added to lengthen the next saddle as you go along to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th strings.

So technically the distance from the nut to the saddle of the 6th string should be the same as the nut to the first string saddle plus the size of strings 2-6 added in as well.

Of course, almost every guitar ive ever owned was off somewhere in the mix a smidgen....
      Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xprmntl Gtr

...I myself have to admit that Im not keen on seeing "Epi" or "Samick" on my headstock but sorta like the idea of a new name thats not already tainted by public bias and has no preconcieved notion of its quality yet. I hate to fall for that but apart of me does .

Thanks again.

To be perfectly honest with you, I kinda enjoy that it says Samick on the headstock. Popular opinion is that they suck. I would beg to differ.

IMO, the guitar is a small part of the overall equation. I'd say the amp is more important and the player is exponentially more important than guitar and amp put together.

I'll admit that the Agiles are very appealing since they're so unknown anywhere but this forum. I get a real charge out of players asking "What's that you're playing?" And they don't ask if it don't sound good.
        "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

• bob-ingram - did you get a chance to play the fretless Les Paul? I'm just kind of curious as to what it felt like and more, how it sounds. I'm guessing it would be kind of dull sounding, not as bright. And less sustain ?

Comment

• I wasn't going to get sucked into this, I barely play guitar anymore, I have two nice levinson blades, I've just gotten a lawsuit ibanez for nothing.

Then some bastard had to post a Brice 6 string bass on the other thread.

Of course, being in Australia I can't do anything about it.

Comment

• "Will agile be making anything in a a 25.5 inch scale? I"

Hmmm, well that's the first request we have for that I think.
              But we can consider if we get more.

Kurt
              Rondo Music

Comment

• Originally posted by kurtzentmaier
                "Will agile be making anything in a a 25.5 inch scale? I"

Hmmm, well that's the first request we have for that I think.
                But we can consider if we get more.

I think I remember people requesting a Jazzmaster style guitar. I don't think a JM would be any more of a "niche guitar" than the LP jr TV is.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.</div>

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinner
                  bob-ingram - did you get a chance to play the fretless Les Paul? I'm just kind of curious as to what it felt like and more, how it sounds. I'm guessing it would be kind of dull sounding, not as bright. And less sustain ?

I saw one, but it looks silly to me, guitar is a fretted instrument, taking away the frets just won't work. Chords won't be in tune and my big fat fingers will never be able to play in tune. No, I didn't play it.

Fretless basses work because real basses don't have frets. Leo actually got a lot of flack about the Precission bass having frets in '51. I still can't play a fretless bass, but at least this makes since to me.

JMO.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Bob I <br />
                  <br />
                  I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that! </div>

Comment

• Originally posted by Burgess

IMO, the guitar is a small part of the overall equation. I'd say the amp is more important and the player is exponentially more important than guitar and amp put together.

as much as i bet we would all like to think otherwise, i think you hit the nail on the head there.

case in point: i went by one of the local shops today at lunch time and tried out some of the les pauls. i am used to the 25.5 inch scale, and the gibsons felt so strange i couldn't get comfortable. not only that, but most gibsons i have played feel like the back of the neck was polished with a jelly donut. what's up with that? are they using a different clear coat that causes this? i still would love to be able to get a lp type of vibe on some stuff though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bob-ingram

I saw one, but it looks silly to me, guitar is a fretted instrument, taking away the frets just won't work. Chords won't be in tune and my big fat fingers will never be able to play in tune. No, I didn't play it.

Fretless basses work because real basses don't have frets. Leo actually got a lot of flack about the Precission bass having frets in '51. I still can't play a fretless bass, but at least this makes since to me.

JMO.
                      It seems odd to have a fretless Les Paul for sale. How many of these would Kurt sell? Because I've seen him say elsewhere on these Agile threads about having to know he'd sell a bunch before having one made, I think he said this about a Goldtop Agile someone asked about. It's cool he offers it and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by casper gomez

...i am used to the 25.5 inch scale, and the gibsons felt so strange i couldn't get comfortable...

...i still would love to be able to get a lp type of vibe on some stuff though.

Hey CG! Long time no see!

I don't know how you feel about Jacksons but if memory serves, you're a Strat guy right? Strat guys usually feel quite comfortable on a Jackson. If I wanted an LP sound, but wanted the feel of a Strat, or better yet, a Super-Strat, I'd seriously consider one of these. That things got as much mahogany as an LP. You don't see many neck-thru's with mahogany necks

My apologies to everyone for posting that shredder on the Agile thread but I thought it relevant to CGs post. And now that I'm back on the subject, anybody ever play one of the Agile acoustics?

Comment

anybody ever play one of the Agile acoustics?

I tried them while I was there. Honestly, this is not their strong line. They all played excellent and the workmanship was the same quality of the electrics, but the overall timbre of the giutar was..... let me be kind because Kurt might read this.... thin and tinny. I found the tone was just not rich and full as I'd expect from a small body acoustic. In fact I've heard richer tone from a thin body electric like 1 335.

JMO.
                          <br />
                          I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that! </div>

Comment

...let me be kind because Kurt might read this....

JMO.

Probably something Kurt would respect though...

I suspected it might be a little bright. That's an awful lot of maple on that guitar.

Wonder if this is like some of the roundback Ovations that sound great plugged in but not much acoustically. Too bad. Sure is a purty guitfiddle.

Thanks Bob!

Comment

Probably something Kurt would respect though...

I suspected it might be a little bright. That's an awful lot of maple on that guitar.

I have a completly Maple and Spruce Takimine and trust me, there's a difference between bright and tinny.

Wonder if this is like some of the roundback Ovations that sound great plugged in but not much acoustically. Too bad. Sure is a purty guitfiddle.

Thanks Bob!

Could be. I didn't plug them in because I wasn't in the market for another acoustic, 3 is enough., although these are really nice looking, even better in person.
                              <br />

Comment

I have a completly Maple and Spruce Takimine and trust me, there's a difference between bright and tinny.

Understood.
                                Thanks again Bob!

Comment

Working...
                                X