No announcement yet.

Agile Les Paul DC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xprmntl Gtr

Theres plenty out there go for it .. all the stores around me are overstocked may I give them your phone number and credit card info ?

Thankfully I don't have a credit card. That would be dangerous.

But I've always seemed to get good deals on Epis because in whatever area I live in, no one seems to want them. I once bought a brand new 90's Coronet with a gig bag for about 65 bucks US because I told the store manager I'd take it off his hands. I was going to mod that one really nicely until it got stolen at a gig.
    - CAUTION: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people.

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger
      I guess I've just gotten too old to care anymore because I truly don't give a Rats Ass WHAT it says on my headstock.

I've gone beyond that,

I want the name on the headstock to NOT be a big name. I don't wanta pay Jimmy Page and Jimmy Vaughan and any other has been star that already makes too much money, just so Gibson or Fender can sell more crappy guitars.

So that said, I do own a few Fenders and PRS's, but I've avoided top of the line and endorsed guitars (Les Paul's included, that IS an endorsement deal too), also re-issues and vintage and any other marketing scam designed increase the company's profit margins.

Ok, enough for now. (man this thread was started to show off my new guitar, but it has really taken a life of it's own)

Getting down now.
      Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bob-ingram

Ok, enough for now. (man this thread was started to show off my new guitar, but it has really taken a life of it's own)

QUOTE]
        glad you showed it, and your review of it is making me consider getting one I just needed to weight it against the other options.

And not 1 reply occured when I posted this question
        in its own thread.

Comment

glad you showed it, and your review of it is making me consider getting one I just needed to weight it against the other options.

And not 1 reply occured when I posted this question
          in its own thread.

8.5lbs. Didn't I post that earlier?

LOL. I meant enough ranting about endorsement deals and marketing schemes.
          Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by bob-ingram

8.5lbs. Didn't I post that earlier?

LOL. I meant enough ranting about endorsement deals and marketing schemes.

lol not the actual weight .. I meant like vs the epi / samick / greg benett as options .. but anyhow this is the one I want

agile with quilt

Comment

lol not the actual weight .. I meant like vs the epi / samick / greg benett as options .. but anyhow this is the one I want

[/IMG]

Yea, I knew that, yea, I did..... no really.

The only thing I can say is that they are aout the same as the Epi's LP copies, except the price is much better and the quality more consistant. I've played too many Epi's that were in need of something, setup, adjustments, new pots, an AX to chop then into firewood. Every single Agile I picked up was good.
              Bob I

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xprmntl Gtr

agile with quilt
                [QUOTE]

Here's how it looks in real life...

Comment

Originally posted by SomeGuyNamedRob

Thankfully I don't have a credit card. That would be dangerous.

Funny. I bought my Agile with this funny stuff called "CASH". I always thought that CASH was an acronym for "Corporate America Service and Handling", but apparently it's this stuff that's made out of cotton, is printed green and has dead people on it. you can exchange it for stuff.
                  Bob I

Comment

Bob I. gave me good advice a long time ago (although i cant remember on exactly what) but to this day i'm glad i listened to him.

So i just ordered the DC Agile via the web (i dont like buying unplayed but the price tag seemed so tantalizing!)

I am hoping the consistency is better than the ^%$$$ Epi standards i owned in the past.

Will post pics when i get it and post a review.

Thanks Bob!

Dana
                    "No good deed goes unpunished"

It's amazing the favoritism of admins here and what some are allowed to post without repercussions. Pretty sad...

Comment

• Hey Bob,

were these guitars set up (as in your standard consistent setup)when you played them? I find that most stores didnt have the majority of their guitars set up. I cant help but to recall the Epi *&&*^^*&* just coming out of the boxes like blind fingerless monkeys set them up.

Dana
                      "No good deed goes unpunished"

It's amazing the favoritism of admins here and what some are allowed to post without repercussions. Pretty sad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Backyard_Bullet
                        Hey Bob,

were these guitars set up (as in your standard consistent setup)when you played them? I find that most stores didnt have the majority of their guitars set up. I cant help but to recall the Epi *&&*^^*&* just coming out of the boxes like blind fingerless monkeys set them up.

Dana

I might re-visit the intonation in a few days, no there were no blind fingerless monkeys there. All guitars were consistantly setup, although it might not be to your liking, they were all the same. Several that I picked up were not even tuned up yet, being shipped with the strings a little loose. They still came setup correctly, or at least to their specs.
                        Bob I

Comment

• Originally posted by StratKat
                          As to the string length thang i too feel the factory should be doing these at the standard fender and gibby lengths. This was an area i did talk with Kurt about several times last year. But the factory wasnt too hepped up on making THAT big of a change overall since they already had big lots made ,and on order, and in production i guess....

I'm confused about the string length issue. I hadn't seen it referenced until you mentioned it here. The Rondo webpage says the scale length on all the Agile LP copies is 24.7 inches. I assumed that just meant 24 3/4" like a regular Gibson. Is the Agile really 0.05 inches shorter, and does that make that much of a difference in feel/sound?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyLong

I'm confused about the string length issue. I hadn't seen it referenced until you mentioned it here. The Rondo webpage says the scale length on all the Agile LP copies is 24.7 inches. I assumed that just meant 24 3/4" like a regular Gibson. Is the Agile really 0.05 inches shorter, and does that make that much of a difference in feel/sound?

Hold on, I'll measure for you.
                            Bob I

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyLong

Typo on the site. It measures exactly 24 3/4" at the middle of the bridge.
                              Bob I

Comment

• Thanks a lot Bob

Maybe StratKat is talking about the Essex models.

Comment

Working...
                                X