*Fender Bullet 15W

dinamo72@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by dinamo72
      How do you owners compare the Agile LP to:

1) Epiphone Standard LP
      2) Gibson LP Faded/Special
      3) Gibson LP Studio

I can't say that I've played all of these. I have played the Epi's, and a few Studio's, I've played a Faded SG.

IMO. the Agile's are more consistant. I found pretty dramatic inconsistancies in the Epi's. Come were great some were only fair. The Gibby's were more consistant, but I didn't really see a better quality between the Agile's and the Gibby's.

The Agile is still pretty new, it'll take a few months before I have a true feel for it, but so far it's great.
      Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

so really everyone is excited about a Samick product when it all boils down to it right?
        Agile - Epi - Greg Bennett = Samick, does samick then have different quality control people that work differant shifts depending what is being machine made at the time and for who?

Comment

Originally posted by Xprmntl Gtr
          so really everyone is excited about a Samick product when it all boils down to it right?
          Agile - Epi - Greg Bennett = Samick, does samick then have different quality control people that work differant shifts depending what is being machine made at the time and for who?

Well... if, in fact, this came out of a Samick factory, then yes... I am exited about a Samick product.

With regard to quality control and how the factory handles it's personel, I haven't the slightest idea....but...if it's a manufacturing facility that's anything like the one's over here, the entire job of guitars is likely split into a number of batches...and the batches are usually of a set size, irregardless of whether it's an EPI or an Agile.

The question may boil down to run size. I wouldn't be surprised if an entire run of EPI instruments is way bigger and takes much longer than a run of Agile instuments...I think it likely though, that keeping tabs on the overall quality on a run of 100 instruments is much easier than with a run of 1000.

It's also possible that due to the sheer number of instruments that need to be produced for EPI calls for larger batch sizes...which can effect quality.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeMover
            The question may boil down to run size. I wouldn't be surprised if an entire run of EPI instruments is way bigger and takes much longer than a run of Agile instuments...I think it likely though, that keeping tabs on the overall quality on a run of 100 instruments is much easier than with a run of 1000.

It's also possible that due to the sheer number of instruments that need to be produced for EPI calls for larger batch sizes...which can effect quality.

This is true, but it also boils down to the scrutiny of the customer, in this case Rondo music. Since they are small, they can examine more of a percentage of the stock than a bigger company. If they're unhappy with the quality of the instruments, they'll simply return them and buy from another vendor.
            Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Actually it seems pretty unlikely that those 3 brands all originate from the same factory. JimEpi made a post the other day that laid out the Korean guitar situation more clearly than the "90% of Korean guitars are made by Samick" factoid we've all heard a thousand times. Apparently it was never true to begin with, and these days, the legendary Samick factory probably doesn't make 10% of the guitars coming out of Korea.

It's in this thread if you're interested.

Comment

1) so you own a samick knockoff but will go for the agile ?
                2) What about the Greg Bennett line of LP vs the agile?
                Heres the thread that got me wondering about that.
                http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178384

1) I own a few Samick knockoffs. My decision is based strictly on what you get for the price. I'm more concerned with how the guitar is built and plays as opposed to how it sounds. I would prefer to build the guitar myself and I've done so with bolt-ons. I prefer set-necks and I'm not skilled enough to build a set neck and I'm certain I couldn't do it for $250.

I usually gut these guitars and install custom wiring and premium p'ups. It's my idea of fun. Kinda like some people like to do crossword puzzles or build birdhouses. Same thing.

Make no mistake however, the Samick I mentioned is an exceptional playing guitar. I'd just as easily grab it as my SL-1 anyday. The EMG 89s I installed on it don't hurt.

2) I have a Greg Bennett Samick. Beautiful guitar, real nice sound. The guitar does have some issues, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

I didn't post in that thread because I think Samick has addressed some issues in that line. I'm not sure my guitar is representative of the new models.
                "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgess

1) I own a few Samick knockoffs. My decision is based strictly on what you get for the price. I'm more concerned with how the guitar is built and plays as opposed to how it sounds. I would prefer to build the guitar myself and I've done so with bolt-ons. I prefer set-necks and I'm not skilled enough to build a set neck and I'm certain I couldn't do it for $250.

I usually gut these guitars and install custom wiring and premium p'ups. It's my idea of fun. Kinda like some people like to do crossword puzzles or build birdhouses. Same thing.

Make no mistake however, the Samick I mentioned is an exceptional playing guitar. I'd just as easily grab it as my SL-1 anyday. The EMG 89s I installed on it don't hurt.

2) I have a Greg Bennett Samick. Beautiful guitar, real nice sound. The guitar does have some issues, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

I didn't post in that thread because I think Samick has addressed some issues in that line. I'm not sure my guitar is representative of the new models.

My goal is to get the most bang for the buck also and was wondering if the samicks were being left out of the equation.
                  I also do not have anywhere to play these at all so thanks very much for the response , its settling a few questions that I had
                  I am now leaning more to the Agile myself, just didnt want this to be a scenerio where it it was getting positive responses that might have been just because it was a new name on a headstock that didnt have the stigma of saying "Epi" or "Samick" .
                  I myself have to admit that Im not keen on seeing "Epi" or "Samick" on my headstock but sorta like the idea of a new name thats not already tainted by public bias and has no preconcieved notion of its quality yet. I hate to fall for that but apart of me does .

Thanks again.

Comment

I guess I've just gotten too old to care anymore because I truly don't give a Rats Ass WHAT it says on my headstock. I've been around guitars for a long time and know a good one when I play it and POS when I see it
                    The only thing that matters to me is that the platform(neck and body) is good, the rest can be easily changed..
                    Like Burgess mentioned above,I have no problem gutting and rewiring a guitar. I always have a project guitar going around here at all times..

Now, having said that I'll also say that as we sit right now that two of my favs are my Agile LP2000 and my Metallic Black KRAMER 424!! Both dertainly are NOT revered by the guitar snobs we see on this forum regularly But I could care less. I know for a fact what each of these guitars are and won't part with either.

Bottom line is, I don't care what the Headstock says..Just how it feels in my hands and how it sounds acoustically.

Comment

Im with ya there bud! Give me what looks and plays great and i can MAKE it have decent tone with off the shelf items and amps. Name doesnt matter anymore to me. Shoot, some of the best axes ive ever had i let go because it wasnt a fender or gibby and was shamed out of them by other players i was working with.

not anymore....

As to the string length thang i too feel the factory should be doing these at the standard fender and gibby lengths. This was an area i did talk with Kurt about several times last year. But the factory wasnt too hepped up on making THAT big of a change overall since they already had big lots made ,and on order, and in production i guess....

Its ONE thing i think that could become a detriment to some. But all i can do is what i did. Say it, explain it, let Kurt try to convince them to change it (which im convinced he did try to do) and then its up to economics at the factory.

Out of the hundred or so things ive mentioned to Kurt (and the factory through Kurt) this was the single only issue they didnt take advantage on and decided to let it stay the same as is.

Eventually though, i forsee them HAVING to change to standard scales due to public demand or risk losing sales. Why? Because Rondo is the first company to display and sell these in america. And upto this past year they were totally unknown in the USA market. Now, we americans will tolerate small problems or differences in the way things are made but when this company overseas gets more attention and sales increase the demand for an ACCURATE scale guitar will be a deciding factor in the minds of the semi pro and pro players... The pro and semi do not accept the idea that "its close enough" when the price increases (and i expect them to raise their prices as demand increases.) As long as they are this cheap in cost it wont have much effect....

And as a jab as my buddy Kurt!

Remember when i was tellin ya that "if someone out there made a cheap knockoff of a lap steel for under a hundred bucks it would sell like hotcakes!" ???

I have seen 4 in the last three months from musicians friend that friends of mine bought!

And remember what i mentioned about the big ol stick upright bass like the ampeg? Bet ya see THEM soon too....

The market is ripe i tell ya!

Hheheheeee!

Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

I should clarify that I made that comment about name brand stated "a part of me falls for that" but not always.
                        I own korean Ibanezes , Fernandaz , De Armond , Washburn and
                        then I have the OLP . I also own Parker , Fender and Gibson.

I also own Japanese Fenders and Squires.

I guess I just have a problem with Epiphones for some reason

Comment

I guess I just have a problem with Epiphones for some reason

Just leaves more for the rest of us.
                          - CAUTION: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people.

Comment

*raises right hand*

I hereby swear never to view this thread again, cuz' it will only make my buy something I can't really afford to buy and I'll get it big trouble

There....I said it. Whew.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey
                              *raises right hand*

I hereby swear never to view this thread again, cuz' it will only make my buy something I can't really afford to buy and I'll get it big trouble

There....I said it. Whew.

Don't forget to follow it up with :

"...and this time, I really mean it!"
                              - CAUTION: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeGuyNamedRob

Just leaves more for the rest of us.

Theres plenty out there go for it .. all the stores around me are overstocked may I give them your phone number and credit card info ?

Comment

Working...
                                X