No announcement yet.

Agile Les Paul DC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeppelinfool420
    Yeah i have a question, I went there(drove 4 hours from MA). How did you try 10 of them?. When i was there, i wanted to look at a few so i had a choice because they only had one hanging up and i didn't like the way the flametop was. So I asked if i could look at other ones. And the guy brought out one and then i said yeah i liked it but i wanted to look at other ones so i had a choice and the guy gave me a load of crap about how nobody wanted an open guitar, when they wouldnt be able to tell anyway. Oh well i still got one but i still would have liked to look at a few more so i had a better choice. Oh well i guess its because im 14 or something, being a kid sucks.

They had about 7-8 hanging up and I asked the salesman to being me out some others. Cash in hand gets lots of sales attention.

I just said, "I can't decide between the single cut and the double cut, can I see some more?". He said. "Are you buying today?" I said "yes". Vahilia, there were 2 more for me to try.
    Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppelinfool420
      Oh well i guess its because im 14 or something, being a kid sucks.

Bring your Dad or Uncle or someone to show the cash!.
      Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Bob,

Are the LP and DC necks maple or mahogany? The Rondo website says maple but the pic you posted I would've thought was mahogany.

I've got a real weakness for mahogany.

Thanks.
        Burgess
        "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgess
          Bob,

Are the LP and DC necks maple or mahogany? The Rondo website says maple but the pic you posted I would've thought was mahogany.

I've got a real weakness for mahogany.

Thanks.
          Burgess

I didn't read the web site, it's gotta be mahogany, the grain doesn't look at all like Maple. Only the cap is maple.

Yea, I really like mahogany guitars too. SG's and Les Pauls are my favorites, PRS and Strats next.
          Bob I

Comment

i totally think i'm gonna bite.

i've been looking for an electric (my first!), and these are totally right in my price range and from what everyone has said here seem to be phenomenal.

how're the other copies? not just the LP but the Strat and SG?

Comment

Thanks Bob!

That makes them even more appealing in my book.

GAS, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Comment

Originally posted by kurtzentmaier
                Strat Kat
                Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by mensa_reject
                  i totally think i'm gonna bite.

i've been looking for an electric (my first!), and these are totally right in my price range and from what everyone has said here seem to be phenomenal.

how're the other copies? not just the LP but the Strat and SG?

Well, I'll be... look at that, it's a set-neck Essex SG...made of mahogany... not like it's the quality of an Agile, but it does look nice for $170.

Comment

here's one for the lefty's at 199.00 plus shipping from rondo, on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=93395934 7 here's a righty. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=93474102 9 in calf. $165.00 buys it now. these are double cutaways, with only one volume one tone knob, but 2 humbuckers. rosewood fret board, maple back of the neck. myles loud

Comment

oh btw,
                      i have an essex lefty tele in butterscotch and i love that guitar. it feels fantastic, alder body, maple neck, about $110.00 from rondo on ebay auction brand new. myles loud

Comment

here's one in black pearl, it's a lespaul, $259.00. from rondo on ebay, take a look, and then click on view sellers other auctions to see what else they have up for bid. myles loud http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=93395468 4

Comment

Thanks Bob!

That makes them even more appealing in my book.

GAS, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Burgess,

Not to make it any harder on ya but you know I had a Raven RP300 and the LP2000 I have now is clearly a few notches above the Raven and I thought the Raven was a decent LP knockoff
                          I never really bonded with the Raven if ya know what I mean, no such problem with my Agile

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger

Burgess,

Not to make it any harder on ya but you know I had a Raven RP300 and the LP2000 I have now is clearly a few notches above the Raven and I thought the Raven was a decent LP knockoff
                            I never really bonded with the Raven if ya know what I mean, no such problem with my Agile

You guys are cruel!

I might have just gotten lucky with my RP300 but I knew it was gonna be good right out of the box. Then again, I've got a Samick PRS knockoff, same thing so go figure?

I'll probably bite. I had a plan/budget for two LP Studios some time this year. A Coppertop, and a Wine Red with gold hardware. Now I'm thinking I'll just go with the Coppertop and a few Agiles.

Bob's DC Agile looks like it might be a nice blues machine. That Red Flame LP2K would kill with gold hardware, wonder if Kurt would make me a deal... The Amber Flame LP2K just belongs on my wall.

The Washburn knockoff looks interesting but it's curious that MF's selling the unquilted Washburns $140. Funny thing is, the Agile actually looks like a better axe. Agile, mahogany. Washburn, alder. I like alder but the AVT150 loves mahogany.

Wonder if Kurt will give me a package deal... Wonder where I'm gonna find four more wall hangers... Wonder what kind of jewelry it's gonna take to keep my wife quiet for this one...

Looks like I better get to work. There are some guitars with my name on 'em!

Have a great day guys! Later!

Comment

You guys are cruel!

I might have just gotten lucky with my RP300 but I knew it was gonna be good right out of the box. Then again, I've got a Samick PRS knockoff, same thing so go figure?

I'll probably bite. I had a plan/budget for two LP Studios some time this year. A Coppertop, and a Wine Red with gold hardware. Now I'm thinking I'll just go with the Coppertop and a few Agiles.

so you own a samick knockoff but will go for the agile ?
                              What about the Greg Bennett line of LP vs the agile?
                              Heres the thread that got me wondering about that.
                              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178384

Comment

Hey this is a message for kurt. Will agile be making anything in a a 25.5 inch scale? I like the guitars but they are all 24.7inch, even the wolfgang copy. It relaly makes ahuge difference in the way the guitars feels plays and sounds (everyone thinks the mahogany is why les pauls sound so thick, its not! its the scale! I have an all maple godin with a 24.7 in scale that sounds as thick as any les paul). Even tho i have small hands, somehow the bigger scale is actually EASIER to play.
                                You have some in that scale, but only essex's, will agile be making any in 25.5? Can you ask them too? IF the wolfgang/washburn copy had a 25.5 inch scale that would be awesome..
                                ~mike~
                                Amps: Laney TT20H, Peavey ValveKing Bias Modded, Bugera 333XL w 12at7 in v4, Peavey Ranger Combo, Axe-fx Std/Behringer EP2500
                                Cabs: Avatar 2x12 w GB50's, Avatar 2x12 w K100's, Avatar 1x12 bass cab+warehouse CL80.
                                Guitars: Godin Detour Plek'd, Ibanez RG321MH (Drop B), LTD F-50, Douglas Sabre Copy Plek'd, SX tele (Drop B).

Ignored: Ricky Bobby

Comment

• Working...
                                  X