Agile Les Paul DC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ T Nail

No problemo amigo

BTW, Rondo actually have a dealer in Holland, the address is shown in their web site

Russ T

Cool may have to give them a call tomorrow

/Johan
    Capt'n Rusty-talk : "Ou est le Jam du Cyber ???"

Comment

Geez... now I have GAS..... why couldn't I stumble across this thread BEFORE Christmas when I spent all my $$$ on those undeserving mouth-breathers I call "family"????

Time to sell something....

Thanks Bob for the excellent review and descriptions!

Boba
      "Human shields" are going to Baghdad. I hope we wait for them to get there before the first strike.

Comment

Hey Bob - Did you find any problem with the action on any of those 10 you played, I know you said they were all good but I read the HC reviews and a couple said they couldn't get the action low enough, I'm assuming they meant they couldn't get the bridge to go down far enough. I'm just wondering what you thought about that. Some other review said the bridge radius didn't match the fretboard radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinner
          Hey Bob - Did you find any problem with the action on any of those 10 you played, I know you said they were all good but I read the HC reviews and a couple said they couldn't get the action low enough, I'm assuming they meant they couldn't get the bridge to go down far enough. I'm just wondering what you thought about that. Some other review said the bridge radius didn't match the fretboard radius.

Well, let's qualify that, I don't feel that extremly low action is good. It robs tone and makes "feel" a bad word. I like my action at about 4/64" or so, which is commonly thought of as "normal" action.

All the guitars I tried had a well balanced action at about this height. I did not see any problems with radius not matching. It's such a common problem in inexpensive guitars that I know I would've noticed.

I'm also sure that if I wanted lower action, I would have no trouble in lowering the action. The bridge has plenty of adjustment and the frets are aligned and posished well. In fact, I can't remember a new guitar that had frets as well crowned and polished.
          Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by BobaN00bie
            Geez... now I have GAS..... why couldn't I stumble across this thread BEFORE Christmas when I spent all my $$$ on those undeserving mouth-breathers I call "family"????

Just remember....

You can pick you friends, you can pick you nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Is that right??

Time to sell something....

Boba

Or get a gig, that's what I did.
            Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Hey Bob,

Thanks for all the great info. I was wondering the difference between the zebra pickups versus the chrome. Are there really any differences? Also I noticed on Rondo's website that the LP-2000 amber flame top has the zebra pickups with no pickguard and the others (red and sunburst) have chrome pickups with pickguards. Do you recall this being the case when you visited them? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bob-ingram

Well, let's qualify that, I don't feel that extremly low action is good. It robs tone and makes "feel" a bad word. I like my action at about 4/64" or so, which is commonly thought of as "normal" action.

All the guitars I tried had a well balanced action at about this height. I did not see any problems with radius not matching. It's such a common problem in inexpensive guitars that I know I would've noticed.

I'm also sure that if I wanted lower action, I would have no trouble in lowering the action. The bridge has plenty of adjustment and the frets are aligned and posished well. In fact, I can't remember a new guitar that had frets as well crowned and polished.
                Thanks!

Comment

Thanks to all the nice things said about me earlier in this thread!

I believe the Agiles are all made in a factory in Korea. This factory was making the pu's for the peavey van halen guitar as well. And i think i was told that the E-1 (copy of a washburn double cutaway model) had them in it. And mine screamed!

I havent been in touch with Kurt for awhile with my dads illness and being offline so much. Later on when things get to some kind of normal with my mom and affairs i will email him and see whats new. I like the guy, he cares!

And im tickled to death that others are getting nice guitars like the ones i tested. A few bad ones always get out of any factory. But most of the Agiles have been very playable from what ive seen and heard. Its one of the guitars that i think is truly worth more than whats paid.

Of all the models i tried i love the E-1 Flametop quilt which was erroneously called a wolfgang clone originally (but its actually a clone of a washburn model) and the CSB LP which was the last one i had. Mine have all now found new homes with friends in my apt complex or nearby. People who had their axes stolen or just couldnt afford one. But eventually i may buy a couple more of the E-1's if they make them.

The thang i loved about that model is the tail is set far back in the body so the overall length of the guitar is somewhat shorter. Makes playing alot easier on the couch or for a youngster or a lady. But for me it made soloing up high easy! And thats an area i never go to on most guitars. Funny, i wouod havbe thought that a longer neck would havew done that, but ya know, i play LP's higher up on the neck than fenders..... So i guess the shorter guitars let me go higher.

Look on my site for my E-1 in the photo area. Or click here....

http://community.webshots.com/album/16048886TKzgIBNBnU
                  Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

Hey Bob, thanks for the info. I've been eyeing the junior tv yellow double cut model for a bit, what did you think of those?

Comment

How would you describe the neck size/style?

Fat 50's

or

Slim 60's

Comment

i was wondering, which of these guitars balances more like a strat? the les paul or the DC? Which one is less neck heavy?
                        ~mike~
                        Amps: Laney TT20H, Peavey ValveKing Bias Modded, Bugera 333XL w 12at7 in v4, Peavey Ranger Combo, Axe-fx Std/Behringer EP2500
                        Cabs: Avatar 2x12 w GB50's, Avatar 2x12 w K100's, Avatar 1x12 bass cab+warehouse CL80.
                        Guitars: Godin Detour Plek'd, Ibanez RG321MH (Drop B), LTD F-50, Douglas Sabre Copy Plek'd, SX tele (Drop B).

Ignored: Ricky Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Kool_Aid
                          How would you describe the neck size/style?

Fat 50's

or

Slim 60's

About halfway between. It's quite nice actually, not the baseball bat of the 50's but also not the paper thin flat neck of the 60's.
                          Bob I

Comment

Originally posted by t2mikeman
                            i was wondering, which of these guitars balances more like a strat? the les paul or the DC? Which one is less neck heavy?
                            ~mike~

They balance like a LP, not a Strat. The Strat copies are great too. They were not at all neck heavy, but the feel/balance was LP all the way.

The Washburn copy had a feel of it's own, very nice, StratKat has a good description above.
                            Bob I

Comment

Strat Kat

Comment

Yeah i have a question, I went there(drove 4 hours from MA). How did you try 10 of them?. When i was there, i wanted to look at a few so i had a choice because they only had one hanging up and i didn't like the way the flametop was. So I asked if i could look at other ones. And the guy brought out one and then i said yeah i liked it but i wanted to look at other ones so i had a choice and the guy gave me a load of crap about how nobody wanted an open guitar, when they wouldnt be able to tell anyway. Oh well i still got one but i still would have liked to look at a few more so i had a better choice. Oh well i guess its because im 14 or something, being a kid sucks.
                                Guitars:
                                Gibson SG Standard
                                ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black
                                ESP LTD EC400AT
                                Squier Telecaster Custom w/EMGs
                                Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
                                Hughes and Kettner Triamp MKII
                                Peavey 6505+
                                Mesa Rectifier Traditional Cab(Live-In Roadcase)

Coming: Splawn

Comment

Working...
                                X