Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agile Les Paul DC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking guitar. Are these things order-able via the web at all? Any website or catalog?

Nice looking guitar for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bob-ingram
      The mahogany body is 3 pieces. There's a joint directly below to the neck joint running to the end, and another on the upper cutaway that's really just about 1". So the 2 pieces are about 6" wide and the length of the body, and the last is about 1" wide.

On closer examination, the body is 3 pieces, one approx. 4" one approx. 6" and one approx 3".

The neck seems to be one piece, but I haven't examined it under a magnifier yet. The headstock is 3 pieces, and the heel has an additional piece on it too.

Wrong again, the neck is one piece or carefully matched pieces because I can't see a joint, and the headstock is another single piece of mahogany. There is a piece on the heel .

Overall, very standard construction practices, and NO PLYWOOD or laminated at all.

Yep.
      Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by aliensporebomb
        Nice looking guitar. Are these things order-able via the web at all? Any website or catalog?

Nice looking guitar for sure.

Oh yea, sorry. Rondo does most of it's business on the web. They have a long standing history, I bought my first electric from them in 1963, a Danelectro for $35.

I asked the salesmen who made them, he wouldn't commit, he just said they send their specs out and have them built to their specs. Agile is Rondo's own brand name.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com

Check out some of the old pics on the homepage. There's a picture of a slaesman and a customer sitting in front of 2 Ampeg Gemini II amps, a Magnatone amp behind the salesman and several echo units on the top shelf.

The picture with the Conn organs and the Leslie's are on a stage that I played Battle of the bands on. At times there were 30-40 bands that competed. My band "The Dark Syde" (named that because we were half white and half black) won second place one year. The prize, a gig at a Discoteque (60's lingo for teenage nightclub) where we were the house band, for $125 when we were paid $150.
        Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Congrats on the new aquisition Bob!! That looks like a nice DC!! I hope you enjoy your Agile as much as I enjoy mine
          I appreciate it more and more everyday. Gotta give Prime Mover some credit on these tho,, He was ringing the Agile bell before I was

I don't plan to swap out pickups either, and I'm always the first to rip out stock pups and replace em. as far as the cap thickness goes,I haven't pulled a pickup eith to look but I'd be shocked if it exceeded 3/16".. 1/8" is probably more like it.
          The bottom line is I feel like I found a diamond in the rough with this guitar.. It's certainly a keeper.

Comment

hey bob!!!
            what a beautiful guitar! congrats, and happy new year. myles loud

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger
              Congrats on the new aquisition Bob!! That looks like a nice DC!! I hope you enjoy your Agile as much as I enjoy mine
              I appreciate it more and more everyday. Gotta give Prime Mover some credit on these tho,, He was ringing the Agile bell before I was

Hey man, StratKat has been singing these guitar's praises for a looooong time now. He was responsible for a lot of the essex and agile guitar sales in the guitar forum.

Kurt from Rondo guitars routinely sends him guitar for his advice on how to improve them.

So, as long as we're giving people 'credit', lets go right to the source

Comment

Good grief!! I realize Strakat has been promoting Rondo in general for some time and give him all the credit in the world for it. I was referring to the Quilt tops in particular and had NO intention of snubbing anyone.. Please forgive me for not making that distinction crystal clear..

Once again,, Congrats Bob!! Lookin forward to pictures

Comment

Originally posted by rosskoss
                  Hey man, StratKat has been singing these guitar's praises for a looooong time now. He was responsible for a lot of the essex and agile guitar sales in the guitar forum.

Kurt from Rondo guitars routinely sends him guitar for his advice on how to improve them.

So, as long as we're giving people 'credit', lets go right to the source

You speak the absolute truth... StratKat is who I went to when I was looking for info on the Agile LP. It was his opinion that moved me to buy what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by rosskoss

Kurt is a good businessman. He's known for many years that providing a decent low cost instrument would keep his business going and that salespeople that know their stuff are important.
                    Bob I

Comment

Originally posted by babybatter
                      Sweet! Sounds awesome!

How was the weight of their lesters?

Ok, I weighed it. Stood on the bathroom scale, 231, picked up the guitar 239.5. So it weighs 8.5lbs more or less. This scale only does down to .5 so it's about 8.5 lbs.

To me that's a good weight. It's not so heavy as to hurt you but not so light as to have no sustain acoustically.
                      Bob I

Comment

Just looked at their site:
                        http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=850849%7C940498&PRID=1040941

I want one of these. In the red flame finish. Swoon. Wow.

Thanks for the link.

I remember "battle of the bands" but they've seemed to vanish into the past sadly. Cool memories.

Comment

Yea, I like that one as well...probably would have gotten it if the amber quilt hadn't stolen my soul.

Comment

Yea, I played one of them. Excellent finish, played great, I just decided I wanted a double cutaway.
                            Bob I

Comment

I want one of the red flames too!

Comment

Hope they have enough of those red flame beauties to go around.

[Homer drooling]MMmmmmm....Red flame.......Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [/Homer drooling]

Russ T

Comment

Working...
                                X