No announcement yet.

Agile Les Paul DC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evhell
    OK, tell me if this sounds ok. I adjusted the truss rod the best I could and reset the action. On the low E string its 5/64" and on the high E its 3/64". The low E still has a very lite buzz, I just can't find it. Must have a high fret somewhere. The pickups are set to " neck is 2/32" and the Bridge is 1/16". Does this sound right? It does sound pretty good when playing, what little I can play...
    Thank's for the help...

Actually that sounds exactly right, even the little buzz. Most electrics have a light buzz but you really can't hear it amplified.
    Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by gibson1001
      Bob, the .011 is at the first fret not the 12th. Gibson recommends around .010 to .013 at the first and around 4/64 on the low E at the 12th and a little less on the the treble E. Fender's site recommends around the same tolerence. I have my Godin SDxt set a little higher at the 12th and I have some trouble barring major 7th's and 9th's in the higher register.

That makes since now. I don't measure my nut height like this. I hold down a string at the 2nd fret and look for the string to clear, just barely, the 1st fret. Like this.........

4/64th is also about right and I'd expect barre chords to be difficult any higher. I'd also expect the guitar to sound flat and non-dynamic any lower.

Sounds like you nailed this setup. So how do you like the Agile now?
      Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

• Bob,
        Thanks for all of the help on the setup. The photos are really helpful. I have gone over this DC with a fine tooth comb and can't fine one thing wrong with the finish, joinery work or machines. For the money, I don't think there is a guitar out there that can touch it. I emailed Kurt and he said that he is going to get some different colors and pickup options in the near future. When he does I am going to pick up another one.

Comment

• Originally posted by gibson1001
          Bob,
          Thanks for all of the help on the setup.

Happy to help. For future the photos came from http://www.frets.com which is more geared toward acoustic fretted instruments, but it's a very helpful site.
          Bob I

Comment

• Originally posted by evhell
            After reading this thread and the reveiws I ordered me a Agile LP 2000 in red flame. It just got here today, and looks great here are some pictures of it .http://mrevil.home.insightbb.com/mrevil.html
            The only thing is that the low E sting is buzzing really bad and the action is already pretty high. I don't have the money to go get it setup, so can any of you help with some links to good pages to learn to setup a guitar. Any help would be great, I have searched online but so many pages say one thing and another tells you its wrong?????????? Sorry the pictures are so bad, but its the best I can do for now...

Thank's

Even with those grainy pics I bet that thing looks so sweet in person

Comment

• Originally posted by Xprmntl Gtr

Even with those grainy pics I bet that thing looks so sweet in person

Grainy? It must be you're PC. Those picture are 3 Mega pixel and very sharp. I tried to get the best possible quality.
              Bob I

Comment

• I think he was talking about my pictures...
                Oh, no Tears Please -- It's a waste of Good Suffering.

Comment

• Hello,
                  I hope this place is still here by the time my agile gets here. The set up info, hints ,measurements and pics will helpful

Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

Sincereley,
                  gt5litre
                  HCGB #115

"With every mistake we must surely be learning..."
                  George Harrison

Comment

Working...
                  X