X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime" - take 1

I love this song. It's probably about as unhip as a piece of music can get, but there's something about it that makes it a real pleasure to play. I'm really pleased with the arrangement, but playing anything this slowly requires a lot of control and I'm not quite there yet. I'm posting it mostly because Doc asked to hear it. The level's a bit low, so you may want to crank it up a bit. It's also fairly large, so be patient if you really want to hear it.
    http://www.jimsoloway.com/TascamDemos/EverybodyLoves01.mp3

Do you love me sometimes?

Comment

Nice job Jim.

Is that the Baker? Gotta love those maj6#11 (add9) voices. We should hook up a collab sometime

Scott
      Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary!

Scott Lerner Music Website

Comment

Smooth like buttah!

But yes, very unhip. You can counter this with a quick rendition of Limp Bizkit's 'Nookie', okey-dokey?

Comment

Sucking it down now. One of my earliest musical memories is of Dean Martin, pretending to be roaring drunk, knocking off the opening line of this song for his show and sounding great doing it.

Comment

Propah. Hey that low b is sounding great on this recording. Its growling like a fretless in places. Yet its not booming out of control. I dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Wilson
              Propah. Hey that low b is sounding great on this recording. Its growling like a fretless in places. Yet its not booming out of control. I dig it.

That's low A. And thanks for the nudge Doc. It was nice to get back to recording rig after a few weeks off.

Comment

Here's a re-mix that should (at least in theory) bring the guitar a little more forward.

http://www.jimsoloway.com/TascamDemos/EverybodyLoves02.mp3

Comment

Silky smooth, Jim! Haven't heard that one in a long time! Boggs
                  http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Hand built chambered body guitars from exotic woods for the discriminating player...

Comment

Un-hip? Are you kidding, this is one hip tune, and well performed.

"everybody wants my body sometime"......
                    Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Wilson
                      Dean Martin, pretending to be roaring drunk...

Pretending?!?!

Comment

Very smooth sir! Not that I was expecting anything else..
                        HCGB trooper #187
                        A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Cain

Pretending?!?!

That's correct. Dean Martin seldom drank to excess, it was an act.
                          Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

Working...
                          X