Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hendrix Fans ? Dig this Ebay auction of a smashed Strat neck ! For real ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendrix Fans ? Dig this Ebay auction of a smashed Strat neck ! For real ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=933976114&category=330 09

$3000 is the last bid and the owner can't even certify it's authenticity.

-wp
    Originally posted by WulfmanJax:
    ****************************s will be ****************************s. And even be assholier to others who point their assholiness out.

http://www.myspace.com/wespowell1

Download the tunes

Comment

Originally posted by Wes_Powell
      $3000 is the last bid and the owner can't even certify it's authenticity.

-wp

exactly!

I would like to add that many members have emailed me questioning the placement of the nut , or the size and location of the string groves in the nut . I cannot answer these questions because I cannot account for reasons for any of tthese things. All I can say is that the neck and everything attached to it comes from that concert and was smashed and bashed and thrown out into the audience by Jimi Hendrix himself . And unless I have been abducted by aliens and this information was planted into my brain , it is the truth . At this point you will have to decide for yourself weather to believe me or not. I am currently in contact with a Hendrix historian who might be able to authenticate this item . We will see . If it happens I will add the information to the auction description ASAP thank you and Happy New Year --antleo

Comment

Reminds me of many fake relic stories. Too many things about this one seem too wild to be true. 30+ years with a Hendrix relic worthy of a museum and no photographs, no real witnesses and documentation. Not even a ticket stub. The nut is filed for a righty and the tuners, wear and other items just don't fit a 2 year old guitar. Too many factors that need a historian to evaluate. Some questionable sales in the recent past hard to explain without emailing some of those people.

Still very interesting, none the less.

Comment

LB! Where you been? Haven't seen you post in a while!

About the neck, it gets my official "" seal.
          Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic
            LB! Where you been? Haven't seen you post in a while!

About the neck, it gets my official "" seal.

Hi Eristic,

Yeah this auction was so over the top a friend emailed it to me. I thought yall would get a good laugh... and some good conversations.... Happy 2003 !

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrother

Happy 2003 !

You too, man.

Btw, how's that CD coming along?
              Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

amazingly the bidding is up to 16,000 now. go figure

Comment

Uh, for some strange reason, the item wasn't there anymore...

Comment

LOL, Ebay.

I have a genuine Paul Kossoff 1958 Les Paul and Marshall plexi stack that he gave out into the audience and i managed to fight my way and get them.You have to believe me, i cant prove it but my word should be good enough to make you part with the $25,000 opening bid.Email me any questions (apart from obvious ones questioning my genuinely real items)
                    My new nickname:

Rev. Little Bluesdawg Pete

(As given by the great Danocoustic, thankee suh)

"You see? Sparky never bought gear, and he's touching my boob right now!"

Comment

Wow, Pete, that sounds awesome!

Comment

Well for you Yngtchie (because you're such a true HC legend) i make an exception and will happily close the bidding on an offer of 22,500 (i'll even throw in a thigh bone that GENUINELY came from Jimi Hendrix's leg, he passed it out to the audience at his last gig, Genuine!).
                        My new nickname:

Rev. Little Bluesdawg Pete

(As given by the great Danocoustic, thankee suh)

"You see? Sparky never bought gear, and he's touching my boob right now!"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X