Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues for Someone

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blues for Someone

    I guess you could call this a "self-cyberjam". I was trying many different tones and blues styles on this puppy. and having fun I might add. So it almost comes across like a cyberjam. Went to the guitar shop today, it's usually liquid inspiration for me..and so this blues stuff came out of nowhere. I only wish I had a bass and decent drums to add to this...anyhoot please enjoy, and tell me what ya think

    "Blues for someone"
    http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/detail.php?eltid=4144

    Oh just a side note at the guitar shop today, I must of tried a bazillion strats...just to demo some amps! I always try to pick the ones I can't afford! Out of the bazillion Strats I tried I found this one without a tag, mixed in with 1K to 2K Strats...played so beautifully..much better then all the other expensive axes I tried.
    So I asked the guitar guy (older knowledgable guy) what kind of strat it was. He had to look it up, turned out that it was $300 MIJ Strat!! Unreal! I thought for sure it was a custom..or vintage thing.

    Just goes to show you never know what you like. Or maybe I'm just so used to playing on crap that all the expensive axes feel like choped liver in my hands..dunno..anyways thought that was interesting..

  • #2
    Scuttle,

    We are not far from each other. Maybe 30 minutes? Anytime you wanna throw down, let me know!

    Scott
    Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary!

    Scott Lerner Music Website

    Comment


    • #3
      Great jam btw! It had some super sweet moments!!! I particularly liked the 3rd solo. Some Robbenish articulations there.
      Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary!

      Scott Lerner Music Website

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey Scott..

        I'm glad you liked it..thanks for listening! I guess I was trying all sorts of things there.

        Man I would love to throw down! We are pretty damn close. It's been awhile since I jammed with anyone other then our cyberjammers. I may have to steal..I mean borrow more then a few licks We'll have to get something organized. I've listened to some songs on your web page, and I was blown away.

        Just wondering, do you play out anywhere in the Philly/South Jersey area?

        Comment


        • #5
          I like the bends in the last 2 choruses, and the overall feel of the thing.

          I gotta say the octave bit at the beginning doesn't move me...too damn many notes. Also the clean sounds are brittle and the compression sounds synthetic and processed.

          But you got killer hands, bro!! and the gritty sound near the end is beauties!!

          - Rob
          But

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scuttlebuttin
            IOh just a side note at the guitar shop today, I must of tried a bazillion strats...just to demo some amps! I always try to pick the ones I can't afford! Out of the bazillion Strats I tried I found this one without a tag, mixed in with 1K to 2K Strats...played so beautifully..much better then all the other expensive axes I tried.
            So I asked the guitar guy (older knowledgable guy) what kind of strat it was. He had to look it up, turned out that it was $300 MIJ Strat!! Unreal! I thought for sure it was a custom..or vintage thing.

            Just goes to show you never know what you like. Or maybe I'm just so used to playing on crap that all the expensive axes feel like choped liver in my hands..dunno..anyways thought that was interesting..


            I always test guitars before looking at the price tag. Funny how I always pick the cheep one's. Im not sure what that says about me.

            BTW, what shop did you go to? I'm about 1 1/2 hours from you and I'm always looking for a decent shop.
            Bob I

            I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

            Comment


            • #7
              I love this one... It's definitely going in my "keepers" directory...

              Loads of nice ideas cooking here - reckon I'm going to try and steal a few of them...
              Rusty

              ...it's only rock n roll, but it'll fry your neurapses...

              Visit the RustyZone, folks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jazbrokr
                Scuttle,

                We are not far from each other. Maybe 30 minutes? Anytime you wanna throw down, let me know!

                Scott


                You guys are making me wish I was back in Delaware...






                Well, ok, not really 'cause it's 70 degrees outside today here in Burbank but it would be cool to jam together.

                BTW: Cool little self-jam there, Scuttle.
                My name is Dave and I play guitar.

                Comment


                • #9
                  great stuff
                  well worth the dialup grrrrr
                  Classic Rock/Blues are not dead they just smell funny.
                  Guitars:
                  Epiphone re-iusse 63 Firdbird7
                  '98 MIA Roadhouse Strat
                  G&L Custom shop Legacy
                  G&L Tribute Asat Classic
                  Ibanez asf75t
                  Epi. AlleyKat
                  DeArmond JetStar
                  electroCoustic BY Dave254
                  Self built FrankenStrat
                  Walden G630 CE
                  MIJ Fender Tele
                  AMPS
                  1974 Twin in a headcab built by Shovelhead with a matching 2x12 cab
                  1996 Crate VC50310
                  1958 Fender Bassman Head

                  Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab
                  EFFECTS
                  Digitech RP7
                  Digitech RP10
                  Digitech Genesis3
                  Vox ToneLab SE
                  Dunlop Crybaby
                  RECORDING
                  Cool Edit Pro2000
                  Shure mics and enough cable to hang myself! lol
                  Behringer EuroRack MX802A not grat but does the deed
                  Member of the Geezer Brigade .... #258
                  Click here to visit the robmizzi.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey guys thanks for taking the time to listen I really appreciate all of the feedback!

                    Rob- I used a Zoom pedal type thing on all the tones you hear there. I did compress the tracks a tad. It's a borrowed pedal, and I'm not sure if I would run out and buy it. Although, God I love the ease in recording guitar with it. I can actually just plug and play almost instantly. Instead of fussing for what seems like hours on end micing my amp. The octave thing was just pure wackiness on my part. Playing around with the Zoom do-hickey.

                    Bob-ingram- I went to the music superstores Guitar center, and Sam Ash. Not worth the 1 1/2 hour drive you would take. But the really cool thing is that they are literally 50 yards away from one another..very dangerous Although, there are two good boutique type stores I frequent you may like, Bluebond Guitars in Philly and the Music Musuem in Pittman, NJ.

                    gtrdave: Where in Delaware did you live? Sure come on back, I'm sure you miss the frigid winters (30 degrees today) and the beautiful sticky, muggy heat in the summer hehe. It would definitly be cool to jam with ya!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scuttlebuttin

                      gtrdave: Where in Delaware did you live? Sure come on back, I'm sure you miss the frigid winters (30 degrees today) and the beautiful sticky, muggy heat in the summer hehe. It would definitly be cool to jam with ya!


                      I lived in Newark for 20 years...little town just south of Wilmington.

                      I'm fairly familiar with Jersey...used to rehearse in Pennsville, my sister lived in Sparta/Lake Hopatcong area for decades (bob ingram locale) and I've got friends in Woodbridge and elsewhere.

                      No, I don't miss the cold and I especially don't miss the humidity...
                      My name is Dave and I play guitar.

                      Comment









                      Working...
                      X