Who's going to NAMM?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to NAMM?

Anybody?

Maybe we should pick a booth and meet there at a specific time.
    "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
    +++++
    My web site

I'll be there but I'm not sure which day yet...sort of dropped the ball on NAMM this year...

Yes, we'll organize a meeting place and time soon.
    My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

You may wish to do a search here but if mememory serves me right Funky asked a similar question some time ago and said he could get some tickets if needed.........course, the ol' memory ain't what is was.

Russ T

Comment

Boggs here... and I'll be there sometime Friday through sometime Sunday... Saturday at noon, I'll be meeting some Carvin folks at the Carvin booth... Boggs
        http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Hand built chambered body guitars from exotic woods for the discriminating player...

Comment

I can assue you that, whenever I'm there, I'll be around the Godin/Seagull room for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybelvis Monroe

ASSUE?

Would you care to settle for BOTTOM dollar out of court?

What's the old saying? When you assue, you make an "ass" out of you-ee, er, something. Anyway, there's an ass in there . . . .

Nevermind.

Comment

Yeah, JD, we're each half-assed, and together we make a whole ass! HAR!

PS You're right about the glorious thwacking sound the vinyl doth make, btw, Mr Editor

Now you're hitting me where I live, Cybele!

I believe I had a swat coming to me!

"Thwack!"

Apologies to my friend Mike for hijacking this thread--I would love to come to NAMM some time! I want a full report on what new and exciting things come out of there.

Comment

ASSUE?

Would you care to settle for BOTTOM dollar out of court?

Depends on whose bottom...

Assue?
                Assme?
                Assus!

Comment

I remember going to 'Nam, but it weren't no show.
                  Your mind is a terrible place to store important information.

Pix & Music at
                  http://www.riochamastudios.com

Comment

Six of one, half dozen of another, JD!

And my apologies to Mike, as well - especially after his generosity in offering to tell me the ins & outs of having my eyeballs lasered

Please forgive us goofballs, Mike! We know not what we doth doo!

Send money. All will be forgiven.
                    "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
                    +++++
                    My web site

Comment

What is this fabled NAMM?? Doesn't it have something to do with John Petrucci, Vinnie Moore and others. Some guitar convention, right? And isn't it invitation only??

Does Lifeson frequent NAMM, or are they anti-Canadian??
                      Check out my music at http://nigeld.freewebspace.com

On Toronto vs. the UK

rosskoss: Well there you go then. I can't see how one can choose something else over that? Lotsa music, slutty chicks, nice weather, no SARS...

Six String Stuntman Steve: No SARS? Hear Hear!!! This might be the better place to go afterall!!

Comment

Originally posted by Six String Stuntman Steve
                        What is this fabled NAMM??

Steve, NAMM stands fro National Association of Music Merchants. It is an annual 4 day trade show where every manufacturer of musical instruments in the world (ALL instruments, not just guitars,) brings their products to display before the press and music store owners. You see everything from Chinese guitars that cost 20 dollars to hand made guitars that cost 20,000. The larger companies frequently have stars like Eddy Van Halen and Al DiMiola demonstrating their instruments. The show is held in Anaheim California, about 30 miles south of L.A.

A second smaller show is held in Nashville during the summer, and a 3rd show is held in Frankfurt Germany in the spring, but the California show is the big one.

The instruments on display are frequently sold at the end of the show for up to 75% off. The show is absolutely the best place to buy stuff.

It's not open to the public. The retailers want people like us to buy from them. Some manufacturers resperct this. Others sell to anybody who has the cash. you have to have a badge to get in, and the badges are not ewasy to get. I get miune by helping to set up and tear down a booth before and after the show, but during the show iself I'm free to walk around and see all the great instruments.

Even with the fabulous prices there, I could easily spend a million dollars and still not get everything I saw that I'd want. It's the ultimate candy store for musicians.

+++++
                        My web site

Comment

Eh.....does Cort have a booth? Or do they let such garbage in the show?

Comment

Last time I went was in 1988 when I was with Gibson. Yes, Cort does have a booth, Smokes. Wish I could make it, but that's impossible right now.
                            Nerve

Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a nightclub is potentially dangerous. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                            X