X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten musical gods

I transferred all of my Mp3's to my aunts computer (mostly to prepare for the tragedy of my computer crashing)... and am presently listening to Son House, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Huddie Ledbetter (aka Ledbelly) and John Lee Hooker... Soon to follow, Mississippi John Hurt, Memphis Slim, Koko Taylor, Mississippi Fred McDowell, and T-Bone Walker. I figured it would be fun (not to mention educational (so everyone go ahead and fire up Kazaa)) to mention your favorite of the old greats whose praises have been unsung as of late.
    John
    <div class="signaturecontainer">John<br />
    <br />
    Russell: What amazes me is that there is so much loser compressed into such a small space... how does it not combust into a giant ball of suck.<br />
    <br />
    &quot;I love to eat babies!!!!!&quot; ~Makoshark<br />
    <br />
    &quot;Come to Khazakstan. We do disco dancing,<br />
    archery, rape and table tennis. It's niiice!&quot;~Borat Sagdiyev<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Obligatory Gear List:<br />
    Annabelle: 95 Epiphone G400.... beat to **************** and hotrodded out<br />
    <br />
    Betty: 2004 MIM Strat, looking decent, and hotrodded out<br />
    <br />
    Mojo: 1956 Fender Musicmaster... <br />
    <br />
    And a yet to be named 1966 Gibson ES-335 <br />
    <br />
    2002 CE22....700 bucks... couldn't afford a name<br />
    <br />
    FX: Marshall BB2, Morley Wah, MXR Distortion II, Ibanez TS10, Ibanez DL10, Marshall Vibratrem, Boss TU2, Pod XT, and Ibanez Soundtank Chorus/Flanger silver monstrosity<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Amps: Seymour Duncan Convertible, Bedrock 612 Combo, 1959 Gibson Skylark, 1970's Fender Bassman 10 (currently undergoing serious revisions)</div>

If you're into old country blues, you have to include Reverend Gary Davis.

BTW Stefan Grosman has produced concert videos of may of the bluesmen who were still alive during the 60s as well as many great jazz and country guitarists. He also has a lot of instructional videos. His company is called Vestapol Videos. Definately worth checking out.

www.guitarvideos.com
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist.&quot; - Mother Teresa.<br />
    <br />
    &quot;If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus&quot;- Sinclair Lewis. <br />
    <br />
    'Ketchup is a vegetable&quot; - Ronald Reagan.<br />
    <br />
    &quot;Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon&quot; - G.Z. Sound<br />
    +++++<br />
    <a href="http://www.perlowinmusic.com" target="_blank">My web site</a></div>

Comment

Working...
    X