Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made the marinade with worchister sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper ... let the meat soak it in for about 3 hrs

made the relsih out of carrot, celery, onion, garlic, parlsey, rosmary, cayenne, tomato, seasame ....

cook till medium rare 3.5 minutes per side

http://www.pbase.com/image/10300663

that's what I had for dinner last night

Comment

I mainly grill burgers, and my basic MO is soak 'em in Lea & Perrins for an hour and then hit 'em with the black pepper as they cook. Mmmm, mmm!

BTW, I went out and bought a Foreman grill the other day after Doc's confession thread. First impression is that it's ok but doesn't really compare to stuff cooked on my gas grill!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayrockin1
        I mainly grill burgers, and my basic MO is soak 'em in Lea & Perrins for an hour and then hit 'em with the black pepper as they cook. Mmmm, mmm!

BTW, I went out and bought a Foreman grill the other day after Doc's confession thread. First impression is that it's ok but doesn't really compare to stuff cooked on my gas grill!

i know what you mean about the foreman, but it is pretty cool for cooking a chicken breast in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Methodrine???

Oh, yeah- my primary secret (and it's not necessarily carved in stone)- I generally like to make sure it's dead before I toss it on the grill...
          <div class="signaturecontainer">... there's more guitar content and less annonymous cowards grinding their axes ...</div>

Comment

Hehe. No, method of operation; I've watched too many cop shows!

Comment

Originally posted by TeleCastrMaster
              I generally like to make sure it's dead before I toss it on the grill...

Not a bad policy, but you do pay a price in freshness.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">-----------------<br />
              <br />
              <font size="-3"> <i>Originally Posted by Jimmy James: </i>Zippers are like SAT tests. They're geared more for white people and don't reflect black culture, sensibility, complicated hand shakes and Good Times reruns.</font><br />
              <br />
              <font size="-3"> <i>Originally Posted by StringJunky: </i>The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with Maalox, Tums, and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.</font></div>

Comment

Well 1 thing I know is NEVER grill bacon on the grill naked! lol

seriously, my day gig is as a Sous Chef.
                The main mistake most folks make is the amount of marinate and the time the protien stays in it.
                If you are going to use a teriyaki marinate the chicken or fish should not be marinated for more than 2 hours.
                any longer the the acids along with the sugar and salt from the soy sauce will create a brine in the marinate and will start to cook the meat.
                This holds true for lemon/rosemary marinates the acid in the lemon will cook the chicken.

when doing dry rubs try to stay away from all salts reg./celery/onion/gralic. Use celery seed and fresh garlic/onion
                keep the salt on the dinning table as salt will leech out all moisture from beef and you will end up with a dry and tough end product.

Peace, bob
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Classic Rock/Blues are not dead they just smell funny.<br />
                Guitars:<br />
                Epiphone re-iusse 63 Firdbird7<br />
                '98 MIA Roadhouse Strat<br />
                G&amp;L Custom shop Legacy<br />
                G&amp;L Tribute Asat Classic<br />
                Ibanez asf75t<br />
                Epi. AlleyKat<br />
                DeArmond JetStar<br />
                electroCoustic BY Dave254<br />
                Self built FrankenStrat<br />
                Walden G630 CE<br />
                MIJ Fender Tele<br />
                AMPS<br />
                1974 Twin in a headcab built by Shovelhead with a matching 2x12 cab<br />
                1996 Crate VC50310<br />
                1958 Fender Bassman Head<br />
                <br />
                Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab <br />
                EFFECTS<br />
                Digitech RP7<br />
                Digitech RP10<br />
                Digitech Genesis3<br />
                Vox ToneLab SE<br />
                Dunlop Crybaby<br />
                RECORDING<br />
                Cool Edit Pro2000<br />
                Shure mics and enough cable to hang myself! lol<br />
                Behringer EuroRack MX802A not grat but does the deed</font><br />
                Member of the Geezer Brigade .... #258<br />
                <a href="http://robmizzi.com" target="_blank">Click here to visit the robmizzi.com</a><br />
                <br />
                </div>

Comment

Get yourself two nice filet mignons, 5-6 oz. Shake some marguarita salt over them, then grind some fresh black pepper on them, and then put them in a ziplock bag with two tbsp. of olive oil, two of Worchestershire, one of red wine vinegar, use a "garlic shooter" or other means to get about two fat cloves of garlic "in the mix", chop some onion and fresh parsley extra fine, throw that in too.

Let the air out of the bag and put it in the back of the fridge for 2-3 days.

Take it out about two hours before the BBQ, let it get to room temperature. Turn the grill on medium high, or get a good bed of Weber coals going, and cook them about 5 minutes on a side, like the man said turn once and don't poke, prod or squash them.

Maybe go 6 minutes a side if you like them "medium", you barbarians.

Comment

Mother D'Souza marinades 'em

I bbq 'em on good ol' fashion coals. None o' dat new age low grill high grill stuff.

I don't really have a fixed method as such. I just cook 'em till I make sure they're medium-well done. They always come out great anyway.

But when mama D'Souza uses the grill feature on our microwave oven....muah muah....mucho allegro....bravo bravo!!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Check out my music at http://nigeld.freewebspace.com<br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="1"><b>On Toronto vs. the UK<br />
                    <br />
                    <i>rosskoss:</i></b> Well there you go then. I can't see how one can choose something else over that? Lotsa music, slutty chicks, nice weather, no SARS...<br />
                    <br />
                    <b><i>Six String Stuntman Steve:</i></b> No SARS? Hear Hear!!! This might be the better place to go afterall!!</font><br />
                    </div>

Comment

Originally posted by uv7lng
                      Before lighting up the grill you must have beer. Beer in your hand, beer at the grill and more beer inside ready to be picked up next trip inside.

U
                      v

A Coonawarra red is even better.

Six Stringer is the best chef so far.

In my opinion marinating a good steak ruins it. Save this treatment for shoe leather. Any water on the surface of the steak causes it to braise which then requires more than 2 hours further simmering to soften again.
                      Salt draws the blood out of the meat and can have the same effect as marinating.

Solid plates cook more evenly than grills.
                      The plate temperature must be hot but the thicker the steak the cooler the plate should be. If the plate is too hot the meat will burn before it has had a chance to cook inside.
                      Place the steak on the plate and leave it alone until the juice starts to coagulate on top, then turn - once only. The result is a perfect medium-rare.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

<i>Originally posted by sickman </i><br />
                      <font size="1"><b>Some day you're going to be old and no chick is going to want to have sexual relations with you... probably not even your wife. If you're lucky, they may still want to hear you make music. </b></font>

</div>
                      </div>
                      </div> </div>

Comment

Originally posted by Six Stringer

when doing dry rubs try to stay away from all salts reg./celery/onion/gralic. Use celery seed and fresh garlic/onion
                        keep the salt on the dinning table as salt will leech out all moisture from beef and you will end up with a dry and tough end product.

Peace, bob

man, i never knew that. i am guilty as charged. now i can't wait till the next grilling. thanks bob!

Comment

Casper, did you get my email with the blank sheet music?

bob
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Classic Rock/Blues are not dead they just smell funny.<br />
                          Guitars:<br />
                          Epiphone re-iusse 63 Firdbird7<br />
                          '98 MIA Roadhouse Strat<br />
                          G&amp;L Custom shop Legacy<br />
                          G&amp;L Tribute Asat Classic<br />
                          Ibanez asf75t<br />
                          Epi. AlleyKat<br />
                          DeArmond JetStar<br />
                          electroCoustic BY Dave254<br />
                          Self built FrankenStrat<br />
                          Walden G630 CE<br />
                          MIJ Fender Tele<br />
                          AMPS<br />
                          1974 Twin in a headcab built by Shovelhead with a matching 2x12 cab<br />
                          1996 Crate VC50310<br />
                          1958 Fender Bassman Head<br />
                          <br />
                          Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab <br />
                          EFFECTS<br />
                          Digitech RP7<br />
                          Digitech RP10<br />
                          Digitech Genesis3<br />
                          Vox ToneLab SE<br />
                          Dunlop Crybaby<br />
                          RECORDING<br />
                          Cool Edit Pro2000<br />
                          Shure mics and enough cable to hang myself! lol<br />
                          Behringer EuroRack MX802A not grat but does the deed</font><br />
                          Member of the Geezer Brigade .... #258<br />
                          <a href="http://robmizzi.com" target="_blank">Click here to visit the robmizzi.com</a><br />
                          <br />
                          </div>

Comment

Well,theres snow everywhere I look , let me see......I once fell over the grill,without a shirt on,and landed with my entire upper corpus on the grill....Oh,yeah secret tip:I didnt spill any beer,but please dont try this at home kids!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Just play the damn thing!</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Six Stringer
                              Casper, did you get my email with the blank sheet music?

bob

i did, but they wanted you to buy it. all i wanted was the chord chart boxes (empty) so i could fill in the dots and send along the chord shapes to somebody without knowing the names of some of the more goofy ones i sometimes come up with.

wayrocking scanned a page and sent it to me. i spose i could have just made one in photoshop and copy/paste a whole page worth.

but thank you for hooking a brother up!

Comment

Marinate steak with beer, lemon, spices and hot pepper to your taste. Stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours at least.

Light the coals till they're flaming, let them die down a bit and toss on the steak.

Pour some more beer on the steak while you're grilling so it doesn't toast the outside too quickly. When the flames die down and the coals are simmering, cover the grill.

Cook to how you like it. I'll go for a well done right about now.

I'll usually use some yuppie heinekin, but any import will do. For some reason "fresh" beer just isn't good with steaks IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X