No announcement yet.

CD Settlement Cash... Free Money!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Settlement Cash... Free Money!!!

Check it out! If you bought a CD between 1995 and 2000 you can get free money!!!

Story here: http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,57111,00.html

Settlement site here: http://www.musiccdsettlement.com/english/default.htm
    "Say hello to the rug's topography..."

The deal is (as I read it) is that each person who wishes to be named in the Class Action lawsuit is eligible to collect up to $20 (if enough people participate) in a voucher/coupon which can only be redeemed by purchasing more music.
    If the total payout amount per person equates to less than $5 (because of lack-of-claimants) then that money will be allocated for something like charity purposes.
    My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

After submitting the claim form, it says if a payout is made, it will be by check.
      "Say hello to the rug's topography..."

Comment

Will they refund my money on albums that SUCKED?

Comment

Hey, I'd like to give a great big "thanks-a-****************ing-lot" to all the lawyers who negotiated this particular sweetheart deal. Let me get this straight:
          The record companies have been fixing their prices at or above the $20 mark for yers, bilking consumers out of millions of dollars and blatantly violating anti-collusion laws.
          they get caught red handed, and in return for getting to keep their product (CD's) at $20 bucks a pop, they have to pay each consumer who fills out a truckload of paperwork $20, with the total not to exceed $20 million dollars.

That's like the security guard leaving an extra cigarette on your pillow after you've been the starring attraction in an all-night everyone's-invited prison-ward gang-bang. Thanks a million, record companies, but I think I'll still continue to buy used CD's and file swap with impunity.
          "I had a cat named Snowball
          She died! She died!
          Mom said she was sleeping
          She lied! She lied!"

Comment

Originally posted by thamiam
            Hey, I'd like to give a great big "thanks-a-****************ing-lot" to all the lawyers who negotiated this particular sweetheart deal. Let me get this straight:
            The record companies have been fixing their prices at or above the $20 mark for yers, bilking consumers out of millions of dollars and blatantly violating anti-collusion laws.
            they get caught red handed, and in return for getting to keep their product (CD's) at $20 bucks a pop, they have to pay each consumer who fills out a truckload of paperwork $20, with the total not to exceed $20 million dollars.

That's like the security guard leaving an extra cigarette on your pillow after you've been the starring attraction in an all-night everyone's-invited prison-ward gang-bang. Thanks a million, record companies, but I think I'll still continue to buy used CD's and file swap with impunity.

Gee, I wonder how much a pop the lawyers are carving up on this one
            Classic Rock/Blues are not dead they just smell funny.
            Guitars:
            Epiphone re-iusse 63 Firdbird7
            '98 MIA Roadhouse Strat
            G&L Custom shop Legacy
            G&L Tribute Asat Classic
            Ibanez asf75t
            Epi. AlleyKat
            DeArmond JetStar
            electroCoustic BY Dave254
            Self built FrankenStrat
            Walden G630 CE
            MIJ Fender Tele
            AMPS
            1974 Twin in a headcab built by Shovelhead with a matching 2x12 cab
            1996 Crate VC50310
            1958 Fender Bassman Head

Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab
            EFFECTS
            Digitech RP7
            Digitech RP10
            Digitech Genesis3
            Vox ToneLab SE
            Dunlop Crybaby
            RECORDING
            Cool Edit Pro2000
            Shure mics and enough cable to hang myself! lol
            Behringer EuroRack MX802A not grat but does the deed
            Member of the Geezer Brigade .... #258
            Click here to visit the robmizzi.com

Comment

Originally posted by hairlessmunkee
              Will they refund my money on albums that SUCKED?

LMAO......i've got a few.
              we're forming a club and letting everyone in.

Comment

Working...
              X