No announcement yet.

I am VERY close to buying a Tele 69 Thinline, but

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am VERY close to buying a Tele 69 Thinline, but

The H.C. user reviews say that the PUP's ( vintage ) are noisy...can they be dipped in wax, or do you just live with that, or ARE they noisy ? Help please, thanks
    Plan ahead...it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark! Read the Bible, it will scare the hell out of you.

I'd buy some new ones, but that's me, I'm sure that some people here would call that blasphemy. But, to me, a tele is a tele, and we should all get down on our knees and thank god (Leo Fender) for inventing such an awesome guitar.

Adam Weber
    Coffee is my Vitamin C!

Comment

Maybe it's the Freak
      - CAUTION: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people.

Comment

What Silver said

I've got a rat guitar that I actually like a lot, and I "potted" the pickups because they were microphonic. (What I actually did was open them up and melt candle wax onto them, but I'm not necessarily recommending this as something to do with a 69 Thinline...)

This has worked well, and they sound much better now, and don't pick up microphonic noise like knocks, etc.. but they still hum because they're old SCs...

I generally just press "record" and then leap back from the monitor before the take starts...
        Rusty

...it's only rock n roll, but it'll fry your neurapses...

Visit the RustyZone, folks!

Comment

try this place http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/index.html they say if you shield the guitars pick-up and controls cavity properly it will be much, much quieter. myles loud

Comment

Thanks guys...you've given me the jolt I needed to get me off dead center, I'm gonna get the Tele 69 re-issue...now if the sellers on E-bay will only cooperate.....
            Plan ahead...it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark! Read the Bible, it will scare the hell out of you.

Comment

Oooh, cool guitars those Thinlines. Don't let the p'ups stop you from getting one if you like them. P'ups are so personal, they can be easily changed and there are many good choices for noiseless models. Lawrence, Kinman, Lace, Fender, you can get just about any sound you want.

Comment

Working...
              X