Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Anyone for some jazz midi cheese??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for some jazz midi cheese??

Hi,

Thought I might offer up a little morning "jazz midi cheese"! My buddy is working on this tune and he sent me this backing to record a solo to give him ideas. I kind of like how the tone came out. This is my Baker solidbody on teh neck p/u running innto POD XT. No other effects except for a little reverb in the computer.

http://www.guitar.com/mp3/mp3/Scott_Lerner-Mr_PC.mp3

Scott
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary! <br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.scottlernermusic.com" target="_blank">Scott Lerner Music Website</a></div>

sounds good man, all of your lines really flow smoothly

if you don't mind me asking, who would you cite as your favorite players?
    The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity.
    - Glenn Gould

Comment

I tried downloading, but kept getting kicked off the server
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I had a cat named Snowball<br />
      She died! She died!<br />
      Mom said she was sleeping<br />
      She lied! She lied!&quot;</div>

Comment

Oooooohhh....now I got it. Very Kenny Burrell, right off the bat. Sweet.

The MIDI is, well, MIDI-ish. Sounds better than a Band-in-a-Box track, though.

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism from somebody who isn't half the player you are, I would say that it sounds like after the first minute that you kind of lost that groove you were in and started showing off the chops. It all came back though, during that wonderful outro without the accompianment.

Very impressive. Do you have any others to share? What type of gear are you using? How bout some tips for us lowly types, related specifically to Mr. PC or minor blues in general?

Comment

Originally posted by thamiam
          I would say that it sounds like after the first minute that you kind of lost that groove you were in and started showing off the chops.

lol that was my favorite part!

but I'm probably not half the player you are, which I guess would make me not 1/4th the player jazbrokr is, so what do I know?
          The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity.
          - Glenn Gould

Comment

How do you know? ever heard me play?

Truth is, when it comes to guitar, I hardly qualify as a professional. I've been playing for less than two years. I just happen to have a lot of jazz knowledge from years of playing and studying on Saxophone.

That's why you'll see me reply to the theory questions, but then post stupid guitar threads like "What do you call those knobby things on the headstock, and what happens if you turn them?"

Comment

Originally posted by jazbrokr
              Hi,

Thought I might offer up a little morning "jazz midi cheese"

Scott

It's very gouda!!!!

heh...get it? Gouda? heh heh....heh.....ahem....*cough*

Right.......well....

very tasty....um....

awesome playin' Jazbrokr!!!
              Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by braif

It's very gouda!!!!

heh...get it? Gouda? heh heh....heh.....ahem....*cough*

Right.......well....

very tasty....um....

awesome playin' Jazbrokr!!!

LOL
                - Glenn Gould

Comment

Impressed again, I am...

Comment

Thanks guys! I may post the other take if any wants to listen....
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary! <br />
                    <br />
                    <a href="http://www.scottlernermusic.com" target="_blank">Scott Lerner Music Website</a></div>

Comment

Man that sounds good. That was a pod Ya say?
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I've learned everything I think I Know.&quot;</div>

Comment

Working...
                      X