Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoke with John Prine and Roger McGuinn Today....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke with John Prine and Roger McGuinn Today....

Would someone pinch me...please. I am never going to sleep again...Both major STUDS in me book...

They both have agreed to play our theater in March. I cannot wait...Oh yeah, Joan Baez will be in the house that evening as well...

Advil, Midol, defribulator, prune juice, Depends...

Comment

LOL

Actually Prine asked us to close the bar at intermission. He says that his crowd tends to drink a lot and he likes to speak with them during and after the show...Roger was just happy to have the gig!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by L5S
          LOL

Actually Prine asked us to close the bar at intermission. He says that his crowd tends to drink a lot and he likes to speak with them during and after the show...Roger was just happy to have the gig!

have you ever seen Prine in concert? i just wonder what his dialog is about.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">we're forming a club and letting everyone in.</div>

Comment

Are they playing together? Same show, different billing? Different shows?

Details, man!
            <div class="signaturecontainer">... there's more guitar content and less annonymous cowards grinding their axes ...</div>

Comment

I'd be interested to hear if Joan still has "it". Used to be if she sang "Joe Hill" or "Swing Low" the hair on my neck and arms would stand up. No kidding.

Comment

Hey L5S -- what is your venue, concert/club situation, or bar/dance floor converted when necessary? -- which seems to be in the majority, as it appears a return to intimate/performance staging -- ala the folk days -- is gaining momentum.

I'm in the process of testing the venue waters -- having much in common with Roger; I knew him as "Jim" when I was singing with The Wayfarers and he was a pre-Byrds folk artist (1965). Destiny led me to form The Music Machine (1966), and although a few reunion shows last year were financially rewarding and extremely well received, I prefer the intimacy and interaction of a solo presentation.
                The basis of this presentaion relies on 'Beyond The Garage', a self published biography; coupled with original song renderings from both genres (folk's evolution to rock etc.), the program aims to be dynamically informative and uniquely entertaining. Question is... are there venues to support such a concept.
                Your thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated...
                Sean Bonniwell
                http://bonniwellmusicmachine.com

Comment

JP is the man, I'd be worried I'd act like a 13 year old girl meeting the backstreet boys if I met him...
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">-----<br />
                  Striving for Mediocrity daily. </div>

Comment

I love roger/jim and the byrds, been one of my favorites since I was a teen.

A while back I caught a live show on local radio, kept driving since I figured it would be over before I got home, wrong! He played acoustic for about a hour singing and playing all my favs, when I finally did head back he finished.

REALLY wished I'd been home to record it, and never heard even 1 cut on the radio again.

I actually emailed him and asked about why he never released any of the tape. He explained very kindly that the station owned it all and they chose not to release any, even though they are famous for releasing their studio performances on CD

bummer.

Comment

I used to have a tape of Prine Live on King Buscuit hour, but the Al Queda stole it from my room when i was in saudi in 94. no lie! bin laden must love John Prine! Yo Laden! I want my ****************ing tape back you cunt!!

Comment

Brady Theater; Tulsa, Okla.

Roger and John are lovely human beings. Joan is a quiet lady...

Comment

Originally posted by Seanb
                          Destiny led me to form The Music Machine (1966), and although a few reunion shows last year were financially rewarding and extremely well received, I prefer the intimacy and interaction of a solo presentation.
                          The basis of this presentaion relies on 'Beyond The Garage', a self published biography; coupled with original song renderings from both genres (folk's evolution to rock etc.), the program aims to be dynamically informative and uniquely entertaining. Question is... are there venues to support such a concept.
                          Your thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated...
                          Sean Bonniwell
                          http://bonniwellmusicmachine.com

Whoa, i'm a big Music Machine fan and have Turn On and Ignition and listen to them a lot. Talk Talk, Trouble, Masculine Intution...great stuff!

Comment

That the Music Machine is symbolically winked at as a "garage band" is inescapable. We DID rehearse in a garage, and the little neighborhood in San Pedro often gathered in large numbers to listen. If that's what qualifies me as the "grandfather of punk" then there may be some truth to the accolade

Comment

Working...
                            X