Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, I do believe I've changed my mind, goldurnit, I want a vibrato pedal now.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, I do believe I've changed my mind, goldurnit, I want a vibrato pedal now.

I was after a wobbly sound, which I thought a tremolo could get, but I was browsing Musician's Enemy online and listening to some soundclips of various types of both pedals, and the vibrato is closer to what I want. The only two choices they seemed to have were a voodoo valve model, for like $120, and a danelectro for about $30. I really liked the soundclips of the Dano, and all the HC reviews I read said it has good sound. The problems the reviews mentioned were issues with durability, and power usage. They mostly said that it was not always so reliable, and that it ate batteries like popcorn, but that it has a beautiful sound. I didn't read any reviews of the voodoo valve, but I'm sure they will be good. Now, here is my dilema, I am faced with the same problem that has brought everyone from kings to paupers to their knees, yep, you guessed it, my budget. I COULD, and I do mean COULD, save up for a while, or I COULD blow $30 and get the Dano, just to see if it is really good, and if vibrato is all I really imagine it to be. I need your help, coaching and love, to solve this one.

Adam Weber
    Coffee is my Vitamin C!

Just got a Guitar Center flyer yesterday. They're having an inventory reduction sale and offering the Dano Chicken Salad vibrato for $17. I think I'm going to get one. I've heard they do a fair UniVibe impersonation for a couple of bucks. Close enough anyway...

Comment

I would never buy anything based on the HC reviews. I've seen some glowing reviews of absolute crap, and almost everybody thinks their gear is great. So the spread in sound quality ratings between two polar-opposite amps, say, a DanO Nifty Fifty and a Fender Vibro-King is only about two points out of ten...!

Comment

i hate vibrato pedals, one of those pedals ya use for a week and then pack away for 6 months

Comment

Well, gee guys, thanks for the encouragement, with that much incentive, I do believe I will buy one!!

Adam Weber
          Coffee is my Vitamin C!

Comment

The Danelectro does a really nice job of emulating a Univibe, especially for $17. It does have one major drawback, the volume boost when you kick it in is WAY over the top! To me it would be unusable live because of that.

Comment

Now these are what I call vibe pedals.

http://www.sweetsound.com/
              Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic
                Now these are what I call vibe pedals.

http://www.sweetsound.com/

I hear that Ty Tabor (my hero) from kings x uses one of these, so it can't be all that bad.

Adam Weber
                Coffee is my Vitamin C!

Comment

Originally posted by floods81

I hear that Ty Tabor (my hero) from kings x uses one of these, so it can't be all that bad.

Adam Weber

For $300, it had better be awesome. (It is, according to owners.)
                  Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

i have a marshall vibratrem i would sell. bought it new for 90 dollars and has vibrato and tremelo. make an offer?

Comment

Can you post some sound clips? Unfortunately, up here is alaska, our only marshall dealer doesn't carry the pedals.

Adam Weber
                      Coffee is my Vitamin C!

Comment

Working...
                      X