X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stringman appreciation thread!

Our friend Mike Perlowin isn't just an amazing pedal steel player.

He's also a very generous person. Whenever I ask for his advice I get something I had not thought of. But also something filled with his many years of experience.

We debate some issues privately We don't agree all the time. He gets very intense when he debates. But he never, ever loses it and he never takes it personally. He's a really impressive person.

And on top of that he's a great pedal steel player.
    Terje Larsson

inbox is full, send e-mail instead

Hey, wanna look at my comics? Come here then http://terjelarssonserier.blogspot.com/

Ah, sorry, it's all in swedish, but you can always look!

You can also check out my crazy friend Dan's crazy website where he'll teach you to master the guitar in 8 minutes (or days... or whatever).

http://spytunes.co.uk/

Yes!

Kudos to Stringman!

A kind and generous fellow of great talent and greater heart.

Look forward to Mike's photos and commentary direct from the floor at this year's NAMM!

A Stringman production to be brought to you by JD92 distributing.

Comment

I don't usually participate in these appreciation threads, but this is one where I will gladly contribute. I was amazed when I heard Mike's newest CD. It was one of the most musically ambitious projects I'd ever come across and he pulled it off with a lot of class. My hat's off to a fine player and a creative musician.

Comment

Mike is a really good guy and hopefully some day soon, when I'm not so dang swamped, we'll actually go hang out together since he lives, like, 15 minutes away from me...
        My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

I'd love to hear some of Mike's stuff!

Scott
          Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary!

Scott Lerner Music Website

Comment

The coolest of the cool. We've gone to each others gigs. He hangs with hot chicks too.

One of these days I'll have the guts to have him set up his pedal steel at one of my gigs and do "The Funk Blues Pedal Steel Experiment!"
            Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Originally posted by jazbrokr
              I'd love to hear some of Mike's stuff!

Scott

You got it!

Mike Perlowin - Debussy's Afternoon of a Faun.

Mike Perlowin - Gershwin's Prelude #2

Mike Perlowin - West Side Story - Jets Are Gonna Have Their Way (Tonight)

Mike Perlowin - West Side Story - Maria

Comment

Originally posted by gtrdave
                Mike is a really good guy and hopefully some day soon, when I'm not so dang swamped, we'll actually go hang out together since he lives, like, 15 minutes away from me...

I envy you...
                Terje Larsson

inbox is full, send e-mail instead

Hey, wanna look at my comics? Come here then http://terjelarssonserier.blogspot.com/

Ah, sorry, it's all in swedish, but you can always look!

You can also check out my crazy friend Dan's crazy website where he'll teach you to master the guitar in 8 minutes (or days... or whatever).

http://spytunes.co.uk/

Comment

Now you guys have done it. I tried to be nice, and act like a regular guy, but you've all said so many nice things about me that I HAVE to become a conceited ****************************, whether I want to or not.

I'm changing my monicker to stringGOD.

Seriously, I thank you all for the kind words, and Oscar, very few things I can do with my clothes on would give me more pleasure that sitting in with your band some time.

This week is the NAMM show and I've already seen hundreds of great guitars, but the one that excites me is the Line 6 Variaxe. This is still the first generation, and there is room for improvement on some of the patches, but basically, this guitar is going to change the way electric guitars are built forever. Our strats and teles and jazz boxes have all been rendered obsolete by this guitar. It is the future.
                  "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
                  +++++
                  My web site

Comment

Originally posted by Stringman

This week is the NAMM show and I've already seen hundreds of great guitars, but the one that excites me is the Line 6 Variaxe. This is still the first generation, and there is room for improvement on some of the patches, but basically, this guitar is going to change the way electric guitars are built forever. Our strats and teles and jazz boxes have all been rendered obsolete by this guitar. It is the future.

Welp, I'm going to NAMM tomorrow and I'm also going to Line 6 next week. They've invited myself and a couple other guys over to check out the Variaxe and after your comments I'm VERY curious to play and hear it...

My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

Mike Perlowin is indeed on of the finest musicians on this board. And I'm not being sarcastic this time at all.
                      Nerve

Anyone who is disturbed by the idea of newts in a nightclub is potentially dangerous. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by gtrdave

Welp, I'm going to NAMM tomorrow and I'm also going to Line 6 next week. They've invited myself and a couple other guys over to check out the Variaxe and after your comments I'm VERY curious to play and hear it...

I have a pass for Sunday. But I'm debating dealing with all the noise, chaos, and parking. I've already met Steve Morse 27 times and he's the nicest guy there.

There's a Vintage Guitar Show in Costa Mesa that they run twice a year that's actually cooler and a fraction of the size of the NAMM show. They sell rare bootlegs as well. That may be the plan.

Stringman, you can't help it if you're cool and talented. You'll just have to live with it.
                        Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

Once again I want to thank everybody for all the kind words, and JD for putting some of my music on his web site and Terje and Oscar for being my friends.

It all started on a 5,000 watt radio station.....................
                          "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
                          +++++
                          My web site

Comment

Working...
                          X