Agile E9S question

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile E9S question

Hi there,
    This would be a first guitar for me..i was just wondering if anyone could comment on the sound or quality of the guitar. My brother has an Agile LP-2000..its a nice guitar..seems built well.

anyway, the guitar in question:

All comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
    -pollox
    **WINNER of the Reverend179 Sharp Eyes of the MONTH award!**
    -Reverend179

Johan has one just like it, except for the finish. He's over at cyberjammin.com.
    Bob_Ingram knows a lot about the Agiles and so does StratKat.

To me they seem to be exceptional value. Call Rondo and chat some...

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Originally posted by Fred5
      Johan has one just like it, except for the finish. He's over at cyberjammin.com.
      Bob_Ingram knows a lot about the Agiles and so does StratKat.

To me they seem to be exceptional value. Call Rondo and chat some...

Actually, Fred, mine's a peavey wolfgang:

/Johan
      Capt'n Rusty-talk : "Ou est le Jam du Cyber ???"

Comment

They're very nice. I 'd say a close second to the Wolfgang but for much less money.
        Bob I

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

Comment

I had one and loved it! It was a very unique instrumet for a few reasons. But those reasons that appealed to me may not to you so listen up.

1- the neck is set farther into the body then on a LP or a fender. They get away with this by moving the tail and bridge WAYYYYY back on the body. This makes for a smaller guitar in length all around. That equates to a guitar that feels VERY different from a Strat or Paul type. Its perfect for kids, or people with short arms. But that doesnt mean its a girlie guitar! I can play things on the one i had that i simply CANT get awayt with on any of my other guitars! Im serious, the neck being set back that far promoted Higher playing up the neck for some reason, i guess... I never lplay high much myself. But i just start noodling and end up high on this axe.

2- The pickups on the prototypes were monsters! I normally measure my PU's using a ohms meter and record the pu strengths for reference to other guitars later. The neck pu on the E-1 (original name was actually the wolfgang but that was an error. Then it became the E-1, not its the E-9) measured ALMOST twice as hot as my 76 dimarzio super distortion pu. And it was more than twice as hot to a stock LP PAF pu. The bridge pu on it was stronger then the PAF too, but only marginally. I dont know if those zebras they used on the prototype are still being used or not though....

3- The guitar is damn light.... Its so light you arnt going to think it will sustain at all. But it does. Alot of guys for some reason want a heavey guitar for sustain. But any suystain that is lost due to density/weight is made up for with the electronics.

So of ALL the guitars ive gotten from rondo the E-1 i had was the best for tone, looks, and only in the action department was mine marginal. I could get a low action that was virtually consistant up the entire neck, but i could NOT get an ultra low action on it at all.

Maybe i got a good one? Or maybe they change things from that initial run of them? I dont know what you will get. But when the girl i gave mine too gets tired of it im gonna get it back! (She had her only LP stolen and isnt rich....So i gave in when she drooled all over the guitar just before christmas.)

I'd also be interested in hearing from other E-1 or E-9 owners as to how well theirs could be setup. I try to keep up with the general trend of the agiles to see if the quality is getting better or worse.
          Yea though i walk through the "Valley-Of-Shadows", i shall not fear. For i have 2 spare sets of "Ernie Balls" in my guitar case! Muahahahaha!

Comment

Working...
          X