Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skynyrd Guitarist Says Proof Is There For Iraq War

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skynyrd Guitarist Says Proof Is There For Iraq War

    Rickey Medlocke now says the proof is there for the U.S. to go to war with Iraq.

    Medlocke, a founding member of both Lynyrd Skynyrd (I did not know this) and Blackfoot, earlier this week told us that he was reserving judgment until he saw some more concrete evidence than the government had been willing to offer to justify going to war.

    In the wake of Secretary Of State General Colin Powell (news - web sites)'s speech at the United Nations (news - web sites) on Wednesday (February 5), Medlocke said he fully backs the administration. "Now I think we got all the proof that we need," Medlocke said. "Of course, the Iraqis are saying, 'Oh, Powell's lying,' but you know what? I think that Colin Powell is probably the most trustworthy guy in there. I will believe Colin Powell before I believe anybody. I have a lot of respect for that guy, and I trust him."

    In even simpler terms, the Florida native had this to say to Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein (news - web sites): "Now that we have irrefutable proof, my whole quotation is, 'Meet my mule Monday morning, motherf---er!'"

    In addition, Medlocke wanted to pass along this message to a certain late-night TV host. "Tell Mr. [Jimmy] Kimmel, let's sit down and I'll have a beer and he can have a cup of cafe latte!" Medlocke said.

    Kimmel had some fun at Medlocke's expense on his TV show on Monday night (February 3) in regards to Medlocke's initial statements, which the guitarist really enjoyed. Kimmel read what Medlocke had said, and then joked that if the guitarist from Lynyrd Skynyrd thinks we shouldn't go to war, then maybe we should reconsider the whole thing.

  • #2
    "What song is it you wanna hear?!?"
    My name is Dave and I play guitar.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by L5S
      a founding member of both Lynyrd Skynyrd (I did not know this)


      He was the drummer! The "Essential Lynyrd Skynyrd" version of "Coming Home" features his drumming.
      -----------------

      Originally Posted by Jimmy James: Zippers are like SAT tests. They're geared more for white people and don't reflect black culture, sensibility, complicated hand shakes and Good Times reruns.

      Originally Posted by StringJunky: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with Maalox, Tums, and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheMan


        He was the drummer! The "Essential Lynyrd Skynyrd" version of "Coming Home" features his drumming.


        Rick was a drummer and a singer for Skynyrd back in '70. Two songs they recorded way back when, White Dove and Seasons, featured him on lead vocals.
        He left the band shortly after and eventually founded Blackfoot where he played guitar and sang (sounded nothing like his Skynyrd singing).
        He rejoined Skynyrd around '94ish after Ed King couldn't/wouldn't continue with the band.
        My name is Dave and I play guitar.

        Comment


        • #5
          Why do we care what some hasbeen thinks about international politics? PUH-LEAZE
          "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
          — Isaac Asimov

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gtrjones
            Why do we care what some hasbeen thinks about international politics? PUH-LEAZE


            hasbeen?

            So would the alternative be to let Brittany Spears sway our feelings on major issues?

            Or maybe the members of SOAD, Tool, or Linkin Park could vioce their words of wisdom for us to help the younger generation come to logical conclusions?



            I care what anyone has to say about international politics, whether they know what they're talking about or not...it could make for great satire...
            My name is Dave and I play guitar.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gtrdave
              I care what anyone has to say about international politics, whether they know what they're talking about or not...it could make for great satire...


              Pretty funny Dave.

              What's not so funny is the prospect of this thing spreading, possibly into a global nuclear holocaust.

              What happens if North Korea joins forces with Saddam and attacks South Korea or Japan? Or if India and Pakistan get into the fray and start nuking each other? Wars have a way of getting out of control real fast.

              I hope Bush knows what he's doing.
              "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

              "If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

              'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

              "Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
              +++++
              My web site

              Comment


              • #8
                ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well there it is then. I don't see how the UN can continue to sit on it's collective hands after hearing of this startling development.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stringman

                    I hope Bush knows what he's doing.


                    Now North Korea is making noises about "pre-emptive strikes," along with "total war." Monkey see, monkey do.

                    I hope he knows what he's doing, too. Unfortunately, his track record in private and public life doesn't inspire much confidence.
                    "Everybody knows that BEER AIN'T DRINKIN'!" -- Country Dick Montana and the Beat Farmers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gee, I thought maybe Colin Powell would come out and say something to the effect " you know, we don't really have any proof of weapons of mass destruction, we just want the oil. Looks like you caught us with our pants down.".

                      So what do you think the Iranians arsenal looks like these days?
                      They aren't exactly our #1 fans either. Think maybe there's any islamic militants hanging out there? Doing a little training perhaps? Syria, anyone remember them? We've already bombed Iraq back to the stone age, I think we should bomb somebody else just for a change of pace.

                      As far as Bush knowing what he's doing, I'm pretty sure he does.
                      He's actively maintaining the status quo and doing what needs to be done to keep the oil flowing and the power structures that be in power. You know, super power stuff.
                      I don't agree with any of it but if you want to keep this consumeristic juggernaut rolling you need access to raw materials and at a cheap price. Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world and we want it. Other powerful nation states are aware of this. For some it would be beneficial for the U.S. to go into Iraq for others it would not be. How the people of Iraq feel about this is, of course, irrelevant.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gtrjones
                        Why do we care what some hasbeen thinks about international politics? PUH-LEAZE


                        No, man- this is very helpful. I'd been really undecided as to how I feel about war with Iraq. But, now that I read that... ummm... the guy... uhhh... hold on a sec [scrolls down, scrolls back up] Rickey Medlocke thinks it's okay, then it's okay in MY book, too!

                        Thanks, Rickey!!!
                        ... there's more guitar content and less annonymous cowards grinding their axes ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by r0g3r
                          Well there it is then. I don't see how the UN can continue to sit on it's collective hands after hearing of this startling development.


                          Yeah, someone sould tell the French about this, if they knew, they'd change in a flash. "Rickey Medlocke said he supports the war!? Well why didnt you just say that in the first place?! Here- have 50'000 troops, and here's access to our nuclear arsenal. I do wish you'd told us this earlier."

                          Rab

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Norsegod
                            Gee, I thought maybe Colin Powell would come out and say something to the effect " you know, we don't really have any proof of weapons of mass destruction, we just want the oil. Looks like you caught us with our pants down.".

                            So what do you think the Iranians arsenal looks like these days?
                            They aren't exactly our #1 fans either. Think maybe there's any islamic militants hanging out there? Doing a little training perhaps? Syria, anyone remember them? We've already bombed Iraq back to the stone age, I think we should bomb somebody else just for a change of pace.

                            As far as Bush knowing what he's doing, I'm pretty sure he does.
                            He's actively maintaining the status quo and doing what needs to be done to keep the oil flowing and the power structures that be in power. You know, super power stuff.
                            I don't agree with any of it but if you want to keep this consumeristic juggernaut rolling you need access to raw materials and at a cheap price. Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world and we want it. Other powerful nation states are aware of this. For some it would be beneficial for the U.S. to go into Iraq for others it would not be. How the people of Iraq feel about this is, of course, irrelevant.


                            This is the way I see it too. Well put, Norsegod.
                            .............................


                            talk is cheap

                            Not my band's site www.jubie.se

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It doesn`t really matter what any of us thinks,, it happens when it happens,, and thats that. You guys voted for him, and worse,,,you let an obviously ****************ed up election result stand.
                              I know how to solve all of this!! Lets have a head cuttin` contest! They send their best guitar players, and we send ours!! And see who is standin` in the end!!!
                              Geezeus,,,I think Colin Powell should be the friggin` Prez to boot!!

                              Tonemaster
                              old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill.

                              http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4699&alid=-1

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X