Most moving song ever written

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillar of Davidson - Live

Written about common people working in a factory. The band is from my hometown, and the title is a combination of Caterpillar tractor Co. and Harley Davidson.....both have huge plants here in York. I worked in the Harley Plant for a couple years, and if you've ever punched a clock, dropped out of school, married the wrong woman...had no hope, then you'll get it.

BOG machine gun- live at the fillmore east, had my eye's welling up in the car one day.

Extreme, more than words.

Life by the Drop. SRV.

lots of country songs!

depeche mode, morrisey,...

Originally posted by EL KABONG

Life by the Drop. SRV.

ARRG! that song sucks man
        Dim the lights, chill the ham

running to stand still, U2

I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

Yesterday - by the Beatles

I cried while listening to it. I just burst into tears when it came on
              I like good music

by Bruce
                "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt about in your philosophy, Horatio."

"Live Long and Prosper."

Spirit Carries On - Dream Theater

Especially the live version with the full gosepl choir and Theresa Thompson as well.
                  "They have started throwing those pencils, but they are not pencils, they are booby traps to kill the children" - Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

purple rain-prince
                    war-bob marley
                    blasphemy- tupac
                    machine gun-hedrix
                    king heroin-james brown

The messiah will come again by Roy Buchanan and The Loner by Gary Moore. Great song's both.

The Smashing Pumpkins - For Martha, a very very overlooked song. i urge everyone here to listen to it , beginning to end.
                        Living is easy with eyes closed

FOR SALE/TRADE:

nothing at the moment
                        I FEEL SO NAKED!

any kind of weird/cheap/vintage gear
                        cheap 12-string

Wedn'sday morning at five o'clock as the day begins,
                          Silently closing her bedroom door,
                          Leaving the note that she hoped would say more.
                          She goes down stairs to the kitchen clutching her hand kerchief.
                          Quetly turning the back door key,
                          Stepping outside she is free.

She ( We gave her most of our lives )
                          Is leaving ( Sacrificed most of our lives )
                          Home ( We gave her ev'rything money could buy )
                          She's leaving home after living alone for so many years.

Father snores as his wife gets into her dressing down.
                          Pick up the letter that's lying there,
                          Standing alone at the top of the stairs.
                          She breaks down and cries to her husband "Daddy, our baby's gone.
                          Why would she treat us so thoughtlessly,
                          Now could she do this to me."

She ( We never thought of ourselves )
                          Is leaving ( Never a thought of ourselves )
                          Home ( We struggled hard all our lives to get by )
                          She's leaving home after living alone for so many years.

Friday morning at nine o'clock she is far away.
                          Waiting to keep the appointment she made,
                          Meeting a man from the motor trade.

She ( What did we do that was wrong )
                          Is having ( We didn't know it was wrong )
                          Fun ( Fun is the one thing that money can't buy )
                          Something inside that was always denied for so many years.
                          She's leaving home, bye, bye.
                          "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
                          My web site

Originally posted by WGH
                            "Amazing Grace".

It was written by John Newton, a former slave trader who (in his own words) "was by the rich mercy of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, preserved, restored, pardoned, and appointed to preach."

Every time we sing it at a nursing home, many of the people will sit up and sing along. They seem to get great comfort from it and it gets me every time.

I didn't know this until recently. I always thought it was "just another hymn". Hearing about the man who wrote it (even though I do believe the melody existed before the words) and the change he went thorugh in his life as a person makes that line "I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see" in the first verse so totally different.
                            Terje Larsson

inbox is full, send e-mail instead

Hey, wanna look at my comics? Come here then http://terjelarssonserier.blogspot.com/

Ah, sorry, it's all in swedish, but you can always look!

You can also check out my crazy friend Dan's crazy website where he'll teach you to master the guitar in 8 minutes (or days... or whatever).

Silent Lucidity - Queensryche.....

"In My Life" by The Beatles(it's on Rubber Soul) always hits a nerve with me...

Opinions are like ****************************s...everybody has one and they all stink.

'08 Gibson SG Standard, '07 Martin custom

Pedals(that I use):
                                70's block logo MXR Micro Amp boost, Ibanez AD-9 analog delay

'95 Fender Pro Junior (blonde)
                                small 50's tube PA modded for guitar and hooked up to a Leslie speaker from an old Hammond organ