• Everyone hates the white stripes

I bought de stijl in 1999

why? I liked the covers and I saw some old blues songs on the tracklist

I was proud of jack when MTV picked him up, but people are all critics

i like em.
    out.

link: http://www.livejournal.com/users/caffienatidjazz

Comment

I don't really like them.. im not really into that new rock stuff anyway..
      Aussie Music Trading Post (Music Deals)

Comment

The blues stuff was awesome. MTV gots NOTHIN on that.

Comment

i guess lots of us get tired of overexposure. I'm so sick of MTV and VH1's shoving **************** down our throat that when any group is on there, I get a little disappointed or upset.

Comment

My local record store has a bunch of White Stripes vinyl, which is an encouraging sign to me (I'm a big vinyl fan, and also a snob hehe). I don't mind em. I don't watch TV or listen to corporate radio, so I don't hear em much...so I'm exempt from the overexposure thing, I guess. A friend of mine was ripping on this "Michelle Branch" chick. I went, "Michelle who??"

GuitarCenter sucks.
            MusiciansFriend sucks.
            This has been a public service message.

Comment

i love the fact that they can be totally original while still having a pop sense enough to get play on mtv not that i encourage mtv but that is quite and accomplishment. de stijl is my favorite stripes album i love the blues and the song hello operator with that badass harmonica solo actually i love every song on there. i am going to see them in november when jack is all healed and back to wisconsin.
              how much do i know, to talk out of turn? you might say that i'm young. you might say i'm unlearned. but there is one thing i know though i'm younger than you, even jesus would never forgive what you do.
              -Bob Dylan "Masters of War"

Comment

Crap lyrics, horrible guitar playing, and a really lame drummer...what's not to love?
                If the reason for climbing Mt Everest is that it's hard to do, why does everyone go up on the easy side?

Comment

Originally posted by Nighthawkdude
                  what's not to love?

your music, now shut up

Comment

Me likee dem.
                    My new nickname:

Rev. Little Bluesdawg Pete

(As given by the great Danocoustic, thankee suh)

"You see? Sparky never bought gear, and he's touching my boob right now!"

Comment

What little I've heard I've found to be pretty uninteresting.
                      That doesn't mean I hate them, it just means I don't care about them one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ocean blue
                        i love the fact that they can be totally original while still having a pop sense enough to get play on mtv not that i encourage mtv but that is quite and accomplishment. de stijl is my favorite stripes album i love the blues and the song hello operator with that badass harmonica solo actually i love every song on there. i am going to see them in november when jack is all healed and back to wisconsin.

I am going to that show as well!! I can't wait, I missed them when they came to Chicago unfortunately.
                        http://www.the4thphase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gearasameanstoamusicalend
                          I don't hate them.

I've never heard of them until this post.

thanks for stating that. i hadn't either but lacked the courage to say so. Didn't want to appear unworldly.
                          Ibanez Benson archtop
                          Martin J40 M
                          American Deluxe Strat
                          Fender Jazz bass
                          Yamaha 12 string
                          bunch of old guitars in the barn.

Allright, let's go see what's around the next bend. I'm getting too old for this ****************.

Comment

Haven't heard enough to form an opinion but I hear that Jimmy Page really likes them.

Comment

I like them for three reasons: 1) my girlfriend recommended I listen to them 2) they do that cool toggle trick like Randy and Eddie 3) they are pure rock.

My definition of pure rock is that you could play the songs for an audience in the 70s and the crowd would like it and have no idea it's not contemporary stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X