Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: The absolutely positively true story of the communist weatherman

Rudolph had two totally unrelated interests in life. Ever since childhood, he was fascinated by weather. It was clear that he was destined to be a meteorologist.

But while he was in school, studying his craft, he also became interested in communism, and soon became a active and unapologetic member of the communist party. Upon graduation, he was offered a job reporting the weather at a local TV station, upon condition that he must never inject his controversial political views into his broadcasts.

Rudolph agreed, and for the next 40 years faithfully reported the weather without ever once mentioning or even giving the slightest hint of his politics. Indeed, he was the finest weatherman the city had ever seen, and practically nobody connected with his work knew about his membership in the communist party.

Eventually he retired, and upon his retirement, decided to become more active in party activities. Soon he was working for the communists full time.

One day, the party decided to have a picnic, and Rudolph and his wife (also a party member) were looking forward to spending the day with their fellow party members, but on the morning the picnic was to take place, Rudolph said that the outing needed to be postponed because it was going to rain. It was a bright sunny day, and there was not a single cloud in the sky, and so Mrs. Rudolph, insisted that they go.

Sure enough, out of nowhere, the clouds rolled in and it started pouring. The picnic was ruined, and Mrs. Rudolph apologized to her husband for doubting his judgment. He answered that she should have listened to him in the first place because....

"Rudolph the red, knows rain, dear."

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.
    "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
    +++++
    My web site

I like it. That's cute.
    Food feeds the body
    Music feeds the soul

Comment

Very punny
      A forest is in an acorn.

HCGB Trooper #217

Comment

Mahatma Gandhi walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him very frail. And with his odd diet, he also suffered from bad breath. This made him a super callused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis.
        A forest is in an acorn.

HCGB Trooper #217

Comment

So let me get this right...Stringman is located in LA which means he could be an American and he tells a tale about a communist called Rudolph. My, how things have moved on!

Seriously tho, a good tale.

Comment

Working...
          X