• Give me one guitarist must own DVD

I'm into everything.

Thanks!

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Originally posted by Fred5
    I'm into everything.

Thanks!

Fred, what does "Give me one guitarist must own DVD" mean? I think English requires at least one pronoun - "who," perhaps?
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

I don't own too many...

Steve Vai "Alien Love Secrets"
      Peter Frampton "Live in Detroit"
      Led Zepplin

I also have the Zappa "Baby Snakes" and Rundgren "Live in San Francisco" DVD's and they're great discs with great playing but very niche oriented.

My vote all around goes to Led Zepplin. It just cements their position as one of the greatest rock bands and reaffirms Jimmy Page as founding rock guitar mondo king dude.
      My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob

Fred, what does "Give me one guitarist must own DVD" mean? I think English requires at least one pronoun - "who," perhaps?

Ok, The Who. I'll check it out How about
        "one guitarists-must-own DVD"?

Thanks, Dave. Good luck with the Philly thing. Zep is on the list...

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Zep +1
          My Last FM
          My Youtube page
          BobNod # 11

Comment

Originally posted by Fred5

Ok, The Who. I'll check it out How about
            "one guitarists-must-own DVD"?

Thanks, Dave. Good luck with the Philly thing. Zep is on the list...

Fred - No, I wasn't suggesting The Who; I was asking you to clarify your question for me. As you wrote it, it doesn'y make sense (that I can decipher, anyway).

Did you mean "Give me one guitarist who must own a DVD," or something else?
            NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

The Last Waltz
              "I've had lots of women, some even fatter than you.
              Ah but not a one of them, could do all the things that you do." - Greg Brown

Some of my tunes http://bandmix.com/jon-nilsen/

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob

Fred - No, I wasn't suggesting The Who; I was asking you to clarify your question for me. As you wrote it, it doesn'y make sense (that I can decipher, anyway).

Did you mean "Give me one guitarist who must own a DVD," or something else?

He wants must-own DVD's for every guitarist. Or DVD's every guitarist must own. Or guitarists own DVD's must.

Along those lines . . .

English requires pronouns?
                No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
                -Dorothy Parker

Comment

You may have heard this, but you absolutely must have the SRV El Mocambo DVD....

Comment

If you don't already have it, John Petrucci: rock discipline.

Comment

Not guitar (well, one song is), but some of the finest musicianship I have seen.

Flecktones - Live at the Quick

The core group is:
                      Bela Fleck - Banjo
                      Victor Wooten - Bass
                      Jeff Coffin - Sax
                      Future Man - Percussion (Vic Wooten's brother)

The full line-up for this show is:
                      Tabla
                      Steel Pans
                      Bass
                      Banjo
                      Bassoon
                      Sax
                      Oboe/sax/tin whistle
                      Percussion
                      Tuvan throat singer

Just seeing the bassoon player rocking out through an envelope filter and multiple harmonizers is almost worth the price of the DVD.
                      Trooper #210 - GB

Comment

Originally posted by silent-strat
                        If you don't already have it, John Petrucci: rock discipline.

+1
                        God Bless!

Comment

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Austin City Limits

Comment

I'm assuming that when people mention Led Zep. they're referring
                            to "How the West was Won", which I also highly recommend.

SRV at the El Mocambo is also a must. Even if you think he's a purveyor of "pentatonic masturbation" it's well worth watching him capture the crowd completely at the beginning of his solo career.
                            When he plays behind his back as he goes into the last verse of Texas Flood makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time. It's not because he's playing behind his back, it's his attitude and complete command of the moment that gets me.

The Who had something out on tape called "20 Years of Maximum R&B" that I think showcased the power of the band better than "The Kids Are Alright".

Comment

Originally posted by Tele like it is
                              The Last Waltz

Clapton breaking a guitar strap on Blackie doing "Further on up the Road"

I have it on BetaMax, and VHS
                              Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Working...
                              X