X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck Live with Jan Hammer

JAN HAMMER TO JOIN JEFF ON UK TOUR

Jan Hammer will join Jeff Beck for all of his UK dates in June.

Although Jan has contributed to most of Jeff's albums since 'Wired' and they have toured together many times in the USA and Japan, they only ever played one date in the UK. Probably best known for his 90 episodes of Miami Vice music, he burst into the limelight with The Mahavishnu Orchestra, also featuring John McLaughlin and Billy Cobham, and went on to be a major film composer as well as writing for Jeff ( they won a Grammy for the track 'Escape').

Jeff is thrilled that at long last they will be performing together again on these very special dates.

Time to tally up those frequent flier miles......
    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Well, and I've been complaining about this over in guitar jam, once again Europe gets the the good tours while we here in the states are stuck with the same ole crap. All of my favorite artists tour in Europe because they can't make any money here. Frank Gambale recently stated that it would "cost him money" to tour in the states. This is pathetic.
    Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

Those guitars are uglier than Rosie O'Donnells ass-crack and the amp is like this forum, too many knobs.

Comment

Don, you get the chance to see a lot of stuff that never, ever tours in Europe.
      And theres a lot of artistsf that gigs over here like once every 10th year.

Anyway, Jeff and Hammer. Woah. That would be super cool. Do you have any details?

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Oh man - I saw them together in the early 80's with the There and Back Tour.. it was at UMASS and Beck was abit late getting on... word was that he needed to sober up enough to stand up... great show, got out at 1:30am.. outside... I have to see this again... he is a monster...truly one of the reference points in rock guitar and tastefulness ... one of the guiarists that I am always saying to myself - how the hell does he get that sound/note tone feeling out of a guitar?
        Just call me Es'Jo'
        HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

Do you have a link to the tour dates/locations?
          Just call me Es'Jo'
          HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

www.jeffbeck.com

SUMMER 2004 - UK TOUR

6/18 Manchester, UK Carling Apollo
            6/19 Glasgow, UK Clyde Auditorium
            6/20 Newcastle, UK Newcastle City Hall
            6/23 London, UK Royal Albert Hall
            6/24 London, UK Royal Albert Hall
            6/26 Bristol, UK Colston Hall
            6/27 Coventry, UK Warwick Arts Centre
            6/28 Portsmouth, UK Portsmouth Guildhall
            Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

I've got a couple of tickets. It's going to be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred5
                Don, you get the chance to see a lot of stuff that never, ever tours in Europe.
                And theres a lot of artistsf that gigs over here like once every 10th year.

Anyway, Jeff and Hammer. Woah. That would be super cool. Do you have any details?

Fred, I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods you just can't say that. If you are up around New York or out in California maybe you get a lot of good concerts (subjective term ).
                I'm into fusion and everytime i look up tour dates the guys are all over Europe and Japan and rarely, I mean rarely, come close to my neck of the woods. People on the west coast are lucky because many of the artists of whom i speak live out there. Same could be said of New York probably.
                Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

Those guitars are uglier than Rosie O'Donnells ass-crack and the amp is like this forum, too many knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by dongenaro

Fred, I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods you just can't say that.
                  Okey, my bad. I just remembered USA is really more like a continent than a country. I'm transmitting from Sweden
                  and it's about the size of California.

If you are up around New York or out in California maybe you get a lot of good concerts (subjective term ).
                  I'm into fusion and everytime i look up tour dates the guys are all over Europe and Japan and rarely, I mean rarely, come close to my neck of the woods. People on the west coast are lucky because many of the artists of whom i speak live out there. Same could be said of New York probably.

Well, yeah, fusion - I guess those artist
                  get a chance to play in Europe pretty
                  often. Problem is they play in Britain, Spain, Italy and Germany and maybe Stockholm (Sweden). All those places are between 400 and 1800 something miles away from where I'm at - and I'm not in the middle of nowhere.

I think we have the same problem.
                  At least you guys speak the same language. I couldn't order a beer in most european languages and the limeys drive on the wrong side of the road.

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Working...
                  X