Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just gettin no love. Maybe the Geezers?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just gettin no love. Maybe the Geezers?

I'm all jibbly over my new guitar. My thread sank like a 1/4 oz. Lindy rig over at GJ and EG.

I picked up an Epi ES-295, factory 2nd (very minor finish flaw at the neck joint).

P90's, Gold Finish, Bigsby...

Twang, you geezer, twang!

DJ's on the radio
    Karaoke in the shower
    ¡Support Live Musica!

Lovely,that has always been one of my all time favourite guitar shapes;so elegant yet so tarty! I bet it sounds great too although I reckon gigging it my become a handful with feedback and hum-but,hey,thats rock and roll and your guitar most certainly is.
    You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg
      Lovely,that has always been one of my all time favourite guitar shapes;so elegant yet so tarty! I bet it sounds great too although I reckon gigging it my become a handful with feedback and hum-but,hey,thats rock and roll and your guitar most certainly is.

Surprisingly, feedback and hum are not a problem. The body is about 3.5 inches deep, so it's not like a big jazz box. I even tried to get some Nugent-esque feedback going and it wasn't all that easy.

As far as hum, well, you know me...

DJ's on the radio
      Karaoke in the shower
      ¡Support Live Musica!

Comment

I wondered about how good those were. I've never used P-90's.

How does the Bigsby work? I have one on a '71/72 Gibson SG, and it's fine as long as I don't use it. If I use it, it typically goes out of tune. I'm interested in a hollow or semi, but I want a hardtail.

Anything in particular attract you to this guitar?

Looks nice.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
        -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Timezarrow
          I wondered about how good those were. I've never used P-90's.

How does the Bigsby work? I have one on a '71/72 Gibson SG, and it's fine as long as I don't use it. If I use it, it typically goes out of tune. I'm interested in a hollow or semi, but I want a hardtail.

Anything in particular attract you to this guitar?

Looks nice.

I've been gassing for a hollowbody Bigsby for about a year.

Number one, it's pretty as all hell. The P90's are more my style than 'buckers- never really warmed to buckers. Plus, it's not thin as a 335, but nor big like a jazz box- it's rockabilly right. the p90's are a little warmer than other sc pups I've played- and i've played plenty.

The thing about Bigsby is, they're not for everyone, and they're not for gymnastics.

Just a little inflection and mystery.

If you dive bomb, it will go out of tune. If you play 4 surf songs in a row, you need to retune. That is the price you pay for the mojo of shakin that thang.

Bigsby's are not floyds, never tried to be. I like 'em, not everybody does. Plus they look cool.
          DJ's on the radio
          Karaoke in the shower
          ¡Support Live Musica!

Comment

SWWEEEEET! Me Likey!
            You're not the boss of me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by RG450

It's like ordering a pizza at Pizza hut and getting a dingo thrown at you.

Comment

Nice one! I'm a sucker for P-90s...
              GuitarCenter sucks.
              MusiciansFriend sucks.
              This has been a public service message.

Comment

If it were not for the fact that it only comes in that Gold finish, I would probably have ordered that instead of getting the ES135.

That and the Bigsby...they are too tempting to use, and too hard on the tuning

I would be willing to bet that it has that rockabilly 'rang-thang' happening! Very 'Scotty Moore'!
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

How much for the Lindy rig?

Comment

Dude, I juust picked up a WildKat with the Bigsby removed, and the p-90's RAWK! I love p-90's. I'm selling my Tele and getting a solid body p-90 axe. The ccol thing is you go from Ventures to the Who in one quick channel change. Like you, I never met a Humbucker I liked. As far as the feedback goes, only when I'm standing in front of the amp cranked at unnatural levels, it's a little easier to get tthan a solid body, but that's only in the overdrive channel.
                    Congrats, I'm pretty jibbly over mine, too.
                    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

RangerKarlos! I just noticed I squeeked into the Geezer Brigade two spots before you. I guess that means I get the clean handle when we have to take out the garbage, eh?
                      A forest is in an acorn.

HCGB Trooper #217

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit
                        Dude, I juust picked up a WildKat with the Bigsby removed, and the p-90's RAWK! I love p-90's. I'm selling my Tele and getting a solid body p-90 axe. The ccol thing is you go from Ventures to the Who in one quick channel change. Like you, I never met a Humbucker I liked. As far as the feedback goes, only when I'm standing in front of the amp cranked at unnatural levels, it's a little easier to get tthan a solid body, but that's only in the overdrive channel.
                        Congrats, I'm pretty jibbly over mine, too.

My SG Classic (w/P-90's) arrives tomorrow.... Should be fun.

Comment

This might be a good thread to get a nice single-coil vs. humbucker controversy going, but unfortunately I like both!

All this P-90 talk is intriguing. I'm going to have to check some out.

GPLAYER, I want to hear about that SG classic when it comes in.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
                          -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Timezarrow
                            I'm interested in a hollow or semi, but I want a hardtail.

('Scuse the temporary hijack)

TZ, are you talking about guitars, motorcycles, or a man's 'state of being'?
                            Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                            You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                            After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve

('Scuse the temporary hijack)

TZ, are you talking about guitars, motorcycles, or a man's 'state of being'?

I suspect he's talking 'bout wimmin.
                              DJ's on the radio
                              Karaoke in the shower
                              ¡Support Live Musica!

Comment

Working...
                              X