Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your vehicle CD player?

I was putting the CD's away in my truck and I thought it was an unusual mix. Usually I'm in some kind of mood and there are a few CD's that are all related but not this time. Here's what I have:

The Ventures Live in Japan
    Robben Ford and The Blue Line Handful of Blues
    The Outlaws Green Grass and High Tides
    Danny Gatton Cruisin' Deuces
    Kid Rock Devil Without a Cause (because I wanna be a cowboy baby)
    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Deep Purple - Made in Japan
    Prince - Musicology
    Django - Anthology
    Jeff Beck - Jeff
    The Mavericks - Trampoline
    "...the plumber he says, never flush a tampoon."

www.myspace.com/whotributect
    www.myspace.com/purpletribute

Comment

Well, right now it's a burn of a mix of the band's cd. Our engineer has tweaked it to his satisfaction, and I have to take some notes and go in and fix a few things next week. Then it will be ready for mastering!

It's getting close! I'm psyched, because this project has been in the works for two years, and represents two or three band line-ups - none of them the current one.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
      -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Oh this is easy.

I have about 30 CD's in my car but in the past 3 months or so I've only played two - over and over again.

1) V. Morrison - No Guru, No Method, No Teacher

2) V. Morrison - The Philosopher's Stone

I'm addicted to his music. Have been for about 6 years now.
        Originally Posted by BlueStrat
        You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
        After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

I forgot to mention......since I bought the Durango in June I've never turned the radio on.

So yeah, I've been listening to Morrison a lot.

Life after Morrison usually means bluegrass for this girl.

Doc Watson
          Bill Monroe
          Norman Blake
          Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
          Sam Bush
          Dave Grisman
          Tony Rice Unit
          Alison Krauss
          John Cowan
          Jorma Kaukonen
          Iris Dement
          . . . . . . . . .
          Originally Posted by BlueStrat
          You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
          After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Last Night's Rehearsal CD (from my band, The Clothespins)
            Foreigner Best Of
            Chris Whitley's " Din" and "Living with the Law"
            Rory Gallagher Live BBC
            Allman Bros Live 1971 Atlanta Pop Festival
            Aerosmith Toys in the Attic
            Jeff Beck Blow by Blow
            Good Rats - Ratcity in Blue

Eclectic? Yes
            Just call me Es'Jo'
            HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

Steve Earle and Dire Straits
              Trooper #210 - GB

Comment

Originally posted by ES-135_John
                Last Night's Rehearsal CD (from my band, The Clothespins)
                Foreigner Best Of
                Chris Whitley's " Din" and "Living with the Law"
                Rory Gallagher Live BBC
                Allman Bros Live 1971 Atlanta Pop Festival
                Aerosmith Toys in the Attic
                Jeff Beck Blow by Blow
                Good Rats - Ratcity in Blue

Eclectic? Yes

The Good Rats? Holy cow, I wore the grooves off of Tasty in HS. They still around?
                Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

car? ha ha ha

in my minidisc player/ the minidiscs that are in my backpack are

disc 1-Mooney Suzuki-electric sweat/self titled/alive and amplified
                  disc 2-Doo Wop-best of #1,2,&3
                  disc 3-Buddy Holly-Best of
                  disc 4-Paige's mix-mix made for me by the old lady
                  disc 5-Small faces-first steps/P-funk mix
                  disc 6-Aerosmith toys in the attic/honkin on bobo
                  disc 7-mix of punk stuff homegrown/chixdiggit/nerfherder/snuff/the fat records colletion
                  disc 8-homegrown self titled/act your age
                  disc-9 Jon Spencer Blues explosion-orange/Plastic fang/acme

kinda eclectic mix from hard rock to doo wop.. the rest of my discs got stolen so I dont go too much ot be listening to right now which is too bad.
                  HCONOB membah
                  HCDTC I was there and I won!!
                  MBM
                  Mr. Midnight Magic Bacon Explosion Hamolition Man.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit

The Good Rats? Holy cow, I wore the grooves off of Tasty in HS. They still around?

yes - actually - there is a good article on them - I cant find the link here at work but will have to PM it.

Edit - try this:
                    http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,3714,rdbio.sm

My college band opened for them somewhere around 70 times around NY-CT-MA-NJ in the late 70's / early 80s. We seriously partied with them and Foghat for a while. They were an awesome band. Incredible live leads. Our biggest gig was warming up for them and Rush at the New Haven Coliseum - the funnest was with them, NRBQ and Bonnie Raitt at an outdoor festival in CT at the Pinecrest. Oh man.... and Bonnie was hot back then ....

I have all the Good Rats CDs/LPs if you want a copy
                    Just call me Es'Jo'
                    HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

been switching between "Genius Loves Company" (there are several tunes I really do wish he hadn't done on there) and the "Ray" soundtrack.
                      Otherwise I keep about 40+ CDs in the car (SGV will attest to the fact that it is not a large car ...with a mix of Alan Lomax recordings, Blues from the 30s to the 60s, some classic R&B, some big band swing, several labeled "LEARN THESE" from my keyboardist (which overlap much of my existing CD playlist) and then our live CDs from BB Kings.
                      My player is a single; I miss having the 6-shooter I had in my ZX2...
                      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

In the Cd player is Al DiMeola's Kiss My Axe.

Laying around in the passenger seat or on the floor somewhere is Larry Carlton's blues disc, I don't remember the name having just bought it. It's nice, I'll have to listen to it more.

Also:

Karl Denson Dance Lesson #2
                        Scott Henderson Well to the Bone
                        Some John Scofield
                        Some Wes Montgomery

I know Prince's Musicology is in there as well. I keep meaning to listen to it but always choose something else.

Comment

I've been switching back and forth between Reverend Horton Heat (I forget which one) and George Thorogood's Greatest Hits.
                          Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

The Best of Bread in the truck...

Amercan Idiot in the Blazer.

Comment

At present I'm listening a lot to a CD called "Forrobodo" by The Quaternaglia Guitar quartet from Brazil. This CD of brazilian guitar music is a European release only not available in the United States.

This is one of the best and most exciting guitar CDs I've heard in years, and I think it belongs in the collection of every guitar player or lover of guitar music.

The fact that no American record company is willing to release it here is an indictement of the music business.
                              "When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist." - Mother Teresa.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come wrapped in the American flag and carrying the cross of Jesus"- Sinclair Lewis.

'Ketchup is a vegetable" - Ronald Reagan.

"Let's all hope Olbermann gets put in the hospital for something serious fairly soon" - G.Z. Sound
                              +++++
                              My web site

Comment

Working...
                              X