Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I really am a geezer

Picked up my new glasses today - bifocals. Nice to read, but hell to get used to.
    Getting old sucks.
    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit
    Picked up my new glasses today - bifocals. Nice to read, but hell to get used to.
    Getting old sucks.

Fear not Froggy,I have bifocals too so you are not alone.
    You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

I got mine six months ago, and I'm STILL trying to get used to them.

Comment

Bifocals here too. But I don't wear them all the time. Mainly just for reading.
        Trooper #210 - GB

Comment

I guess we're all certifiable geezers!
          It ain't what you play, it's the way that you play it!

Geezer Brigade Trooper #200!

Comment

I'm 43 and don't need glasses yet!

I DO need some Just For Men
            Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

I got some bifocal sunglasses. Like 'em?
              Trooper #210 - GB

Comment

Well I am 45 and I noticed the other night I was having trouble seeing to restring my guitar. The wife says it's time for some glasses. Of course I said there's just not enough light in this house. Anyway I need to go to the Lenscrafters.
                HC Geezer Brigade Trooper #51

Comment

what a bunch of whiners...then again, I am 51 and only use magnifiers to read fine print...which I have to do on a daily basis...

Everyone in my family wears glasses, including my oldest daughter...that means my vision must be tied to the recessive blue-eye gene...I'm the only blue eye in the bunch too...
                  Here's a picture of my eye!!!
                  "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack
                    what a bunch of whiners...then again, I am 51 and only use magnifiers to read fine print...which I have to do on a daily basis...

Everyone in my family wears glasses, including my oldest daughter...that means my vision must be tied to the recessive blue-eye gene...I'm the only blue eye in the bunch too...
                    Here's a picture of my eye!!!

In your line of business I`m amazed you havent gone blind
                    You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg

In your line of business I`m amazed you havent gone blind

The reason we are still in business is that I do read the fine print
                      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

47 and in denial, I have my "reading" glasses on just to type this post, last exam Dr. said I was fine but I just got my appt. card for this year so who knows. I'm pretty sure when I do break down and buy some that they'll be bi-focals and I'll wear them all the time. My momma told that would happen!!!!!!!!!
                        *TGFKAS*

HC Geezer Brigade Trooper #240

Comment

Man you guys really are decrepit.

What's my intrigue with you all?
                          Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                          You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                          After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve
                            Man you guys really are decrepit.

What's my intrigue with you all?

We make you laugh...women go for that in a big way...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit
                              Getting old sucks.

Congrats!
                              I've need glasses for distance since I was a kid, but now that I'm pushing it, I need them for reading and close work, too.
                              I have the progressive type lenses, and they were pretty wierd to get used to. I still can't hunt, because my peripheral vision is screwy. No biggy, I don't need to hunt anymore. Let 'em live

Salute from Geezer#1hunertsumthing
                              http://www.soundclick.com/daveheinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X