Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.B. King show

I don't usually bother posting anywhere, but it's time. Just the other night I had the privilege of attending a B. B. King concert. Fascinating experience, more fun showmanship (amusing talk) than I expected, and classic music. The band was spot-on, everyone played very well, BB was in fine voice (if a little under-miked) . BB himself played very well, with his wonderful, distinctive tone. Greatest feature, for me, was a long, stunning introduction to the old tune, "Got a Mind to Give Up Living." Props to the great one!!

To me, BB is all about who is backing him. If the band sucks, the show sucks, if the band is tight, then BB is masterful. I guess now that he's getting money pushing diabetic supplies (and from Gibson) he can afford a decent band.
    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Its great you saw him when you did.The guy aint getting any younger.Its a memory to savour for the rest of your life.
      You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg
        Its great you saw him when you did.The guy aint getting any younger.Its a memory to savour for the rest of your life.

Exactly the reason I made dang sure I took the opportunity. I saw him only once before many years ago, and he was less than a two-hour drive from home. I really had no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg

I saw Willie Dixon with the Allman Brothers in 1980. I savour that all the time.
          Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

I've seen BB twice, both times I had awful seats, but he was great. Not many of the 'old school' entertainers left that wear suit and ties, and are real showmen. I'm glad I saw Ray Charles once, and also Laura Nyro.

Comment

Working...
            X