Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you think you're going when you die?

Sometimes I'm scared because I'm afraid when I die I'll become just. . . . .nothing - that I'll no longer. . . . exist. If I really meditate on that for any amount of time it scares me.

Then other times I wonder if maybe there is another life that we go to where we DO exist again. . . . maybe we live on another planet and we're real and alive again.

But I'm not sure either way. Whatdya think guys?
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Like the idea that I might no longer e-x-i-s-t can really set my heart a'pounding.

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

WHEREVER it is---if Melody ain't there, I've got no interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic
        WHEREVER it is---if Melody ain't there, I've got no interest in it.

Comment

And while I'm at it and before I go to bed, what about this Heaven thing? If there really is a "Heaven", is it an interactive kind of place or just a state of being or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve

Don't be , love!

I believe we've all done the best we could with what we had to work with. When we leave this mortal realm, if we CAN'T be reunited with those we loved the most that went before us---then I don't want to go anywhere.

Just let the worms eat me.

It ain't so bad.

Comment

I know I'm going to heaven, because (1) I believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins so we can all go to heaven and (2) I've been to hell, Satan has my last name and gets a check from me each month.
              Seriously, God did not let me survive Cancer for no reason.
              Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Don't be , love!

I believe we've all done the best we could with what we had to work with. When we leave this mortal realm, if we CAN'T be reunited with those we loved the most that went before us---then I don't want to go anywhere.

Just let the worms eat me.

It ain't so bad.

I haven't had any important humans in my life die yet so I can't really wrap my brain around that. I just know I don't like the feeling I get when I think I might not "BE" anymore someday.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit
                  I know I'm going to heaven, because (1) I believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins so we can all go to heaven and (2) I've been to hell, Satan has my last name and gets a check from me each month.

But FBX2, what do you think Heaven is? Do you think it's a real "place".....something you can touch.....? Do you think you start a second life there or it's just a nebulous vacuum that we read about in the bible?

I have no idea what I think it is, but I wonder about it more often than I wish sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve

But FBX2, what do you think Heaven is? Do you think it's a real "place".....something you can touch.....? Do you think you start a second life there or it's just a nebulous vacuum that we read about in the bible?

I have no idea what I think it is, but I wonder about it more often than I wish sometimes.

Honestly, I think Heaven is beyond our mere mortal understanding.
                    Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingBloodyFrogBiscuit
                      Well, I don't believe that.

Any god that would send his creation to hell deserves no worship. I don't deal with terrorists in any venue or on any terms.

As far as having been to hell---you & me have had it damn easy. There are plenty who would put us to shame.

When we're done, we're done. We're just not that important.

Comment

I don't even think it much matters what happens. This is a concern of conscious reality. I accept that my conscious life as I know it will have ended, and what that happens with my life's energy, if anything, will be in some kind of manifestation to which I simply cannot understand in this life and so should not concern myself over silly fears of a very confusing sense of reality. In short, my answer is nothing and everything all at the same time which is no time at all: forever, which is never.
                        GuitarCenter sucks.
                        MusiciansFriend sucks.
                        This has been a public service message.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyragamuffin
                          I don't even think it much matters what happens. This is a concern of conscious reality. I accept that my conscious life as I know it will have ended, and what that happens with my life's energy, if anything, will be in some kind of manifestation to which I simply cannot understand in this life and so should not concern myself over silly fears of a very confusing sense of reality. In short, my answer is nothing and everything all at the same time which is no time at all: forever, which is never.

Worrying about an eventuality over which we have no control is pointless.
                          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Worrying about an eventuality over which we have no control is pointless.
                            That's one theory

Comment

That's one theory

werx 4 me...

We all know no one gets out alive, and no one has come back to tell us where we go. So either they don't think its worth telling us about, or there's no way back. Either way, we take our chances.
                              "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                              "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Working...
                              X