Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen the price drops by Gibson?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have you seen the price drops by Gibson?

    maybe people have stopped buying their guitars, just like they have stopped buying Ford Expeditions.

    Under a grand for a LP Studio? Haven't seen that for a while.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>SwampMusic</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=43596408#post43596408" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.<img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" /></div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> </div>

  • #2
    maybe they oversaturated the market. But in this case it's much like a septic tank would

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep trying different Gibsons in the stores, just can't seem to find one I like the feel of...
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <i>Originally posted by Mr.Mow </i><br />
      <b>the G string goes 'pwwwwiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg' </b>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally. -W.C.Fields <br />
      The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization. - Sigmund Freud<br />
      HCGB #285</div>

      Comment


      • #4
        try a gretsch or heritage

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't really "need" another guitar, have a bunch. I just look at Gibsons with the notion of one being a good addition to the collection...just never like the feel of them so one hasn't made it in...
          Hmmm...Gretsch...:idea:
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <i>Originally posted by Mr.Mow </i><br />
          <b>the G string goes 'pwwwwiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg' </b>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally. -W.C.Fields <br />
          The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization. - Sigmund Freud<br />
          HCGB #285</div>

          Comment


          • #6
            Les Pauls are all too heavy these days and have been for a number of years. I'm told that if you are known to the custom shop they'll find some light Honduran mahogany for you but for the likes of us it's the African **************** all the way.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Professor Tom</div>

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been thinking about trying to acquire a Les Paul for a short while now. About two months ago I sat in with another band on a friend's LP andI really dug it.





              But I'm very wary of a Goldy or a fancy, shiny 'burst - I want a solid color with a black pickguard and a coupla ****************in' 'buckers. Nuthin' fancy that I have to play up to all night.


              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.taylorharveyband.com" target="_blank"><b>The Taylor Harvey Band</b></a><br />
              <br />
              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/taylorharveyband" target="_blank"><b>The THB myspace page</b></a><br />
              <br />
              <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /></div>

              Comment


              • #8
                I love Les Pauls but I _usually_ only play sitting down (horribly bad back) and my leg goes to sleep if I put a 10 lb+ axe on it. Plus, I like guitars with tummy cuts. My strat is still my most comfortable guitar to play.

                The Epiphone Ultra has actually caught my eye. MIK for $500 and has a tummy cut and is chambered. Weighs in at 6 lbs. It also has a narrower 42mm neck which my small mitts love.

                Comment


                • #9
                  SX is having its effect.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is the price de-crease just on electric or on acoustics also?I played a couple of sweet acoustics a couple of months back but they were almost 2 grand. :freak:
                    ________________________________
                    I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake,which I also keep handy.W.C.Fields

                    G.B.#275

                    OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

                    The Hot Rod Owner's Club

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by happy hours
                      Is the price de-crease just on electric or on acoustics also?I played a couple of sweet acoustics a couple of months back but they were almost 2 grand. :freak:
                      They have been blowing out faded SGs and LP studios.

                      For $2K I would look at Martins or Taylors.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I did and picked up a 16gt for about a grand.:thu:
                        ________________________________
                        I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake,which I also keep handy.W.C.Fields

                        G.B.#275

                        OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

                        The Hot Rod Owner's Club

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nick803
                          Don't really "need" another guitar, have a bunch. I just look at Gibsons with the notion of one being a good addition to the collection...just never like the feel of them so one hasn't made it in...


                          Gotta agree, I just have never found one that I really liked the feel of. They all have very screwy balance.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">I'd like to be your friend, but you keep locking me out of your house.</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PolyFmorf
                            They have been blowing out faded SGs and LP studios.

                            For $2K I would look at Martins or Taylors.


                            Martins and Taylors are nice but it's hard to beat a Gibby J-200.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by THBv2.0
                              I've been thinking about trying to acquire a Les Paul for a short while now. About two months ago I sat in with another band on a friend's LP andI really dug it.





                              But I'm very wary of a Goldy or a fancy, shiny 'burst - I want a solid color with a black pickguard and a coupla ****************in' 'buckers. Nuthin' fancy that I have to play up to all night.




                              It's too bad we don't live a little bit closer, T. I've got an 82 all black LP custom that you'd be welcome to use all you want. :thu:
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">I is Boney Bones Lee-HCGB #280!</div>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X