Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will never shop at Daddy's Music Again

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'am stunned that you guys think that. Around here it's standard practice for a music store to give small discounts on all products. Allways has been. They raise the price and then we ask for a discount, they give it, we walk away thinking we got a deal, they still make $. Everyone is happy. Even the local GC does this on ALL Products. Now if the price of the stuff I had bought at Daddy's had been lower than everywhere else then I'd agree that a discount is unneeded, however I just checked and his price for the strings was $1 higher than everyone elses reg price.

Think what you will but Daddy's SUCKS!
    I'd like to be your friend, but you keep locking me out of your house.

Comment

Dude, I know how you feel. I get discounts at my local guitar shop, but I've never asked for one. And I have to say that if I didn't get a discount I wouldn't cry about it. That's akin to going into a bar, ordering a drink and then telling the bartender you don't want to pay for the ice.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Originally posted by THBv2.0
        Dude, I know how you feel. I get discounts at my local guitar shop, but I've never asked for one. And I have to say that if I didn't get a discount I wouldn't cry about it. That's akin to going into a bar, ordering a drink and then telling the bartender you don't want to pay for the ice.

They charge extra for ice???

... there's more guitar content and less annonymous cowards grinding their axes ...

Comment

Oh I'am not crying about it, sry if it came across that way, I was just letting other musicians know that Daddy's isn't a place to shop. (IMHO)

It's all good

I'd like to be your friend, but you keep locking me out of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Honor

Oh I'am not crying about it, sry if it came across that way, I was just letting other musicians know that Daddy's isn't a place to shop. (IMHO)

It's all good

If it's any consolation, I never heard of Daddy's anyway.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

I admit I'm cheap. That's why I buy my strings by the case, or 5 packs in the lil' D'Adarrio tin if they are on sale.

Oh wait...he can't read what I'm posting, can he?

Comment

Dude, I know how you feel. I get discounts at my local guitar shop, but I've never asked for one.

The music shops (Back when I was gigging) used to give discounts to gigging musicians

You just had to chat them up a bit.
                Tell them what band you were with, where you were playing etc.

They'd knock a buck or so off that set of strings you had to buy instead of eating that day
                my gear
                some crap
                some spare crap in case my regular crap breaks
                HCGB Trooper #252 On permanant KP

Comment

I usually approach it by asking what they can do on package - like if the asking price of the amp (say $500) plus the asking price of the cabinet (say $300) total $800, I'll ask "What's the best you can do on both of them together." Tends to get the wheels turning. Then he'll reply...."well, I guess I could let the amp go for $425, and the cabinet for $250." And I'll try "How about just the amp for $425." Which is all I really wanted to buy in the first place. Usually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcy Lord

like, when I asked daddymack for some lube gratis with my yellow dildo purchase, he immediately spit in my face...it was like he enjoyed it...not what I had in mind

that wasn't spit, btw...
                    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

A store that marks all their **************** at retail and makes people beg like dogs for a piddly discount is pretty pathetic.

I buy my strings online because even after shipping they cost half the price of brick and mortar store strings. Yes I realize it's a volume thing but hey, I'm the end consumer and the day a local store can get me half a dozen packs of the strings I want for under 25 or 30 bucks after tax, without having to shmooze, beg, or jump through flaming poo covered hoops is the day I buy from them instead of online.
                      GuitarCenter sucks.
                      MusiciansFriend sucks.
                      This has been a public service message.

Comment

I hate that store...I bought 2 guitars there and each were lemons. And they have no inventory. You ask for something like a boss EQ and they try to sell you a demo at the new price. They give the excuse that they don't keep a big inventory. Never again....
                        My Most Notable Gear:
                        Schecter 007 Elite
                        Jackson DKMG
                        Boss GT-8 Effects
                        Zoom MRS802 Digital Recorder
                        Samson Resolv Monitors
                        Roland RS-50 Keys
                        Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine
                        Peavy Envoy 110 Prac. Amp

Comment

The people I do business with will match any online price, so long as it is not below their costs. I got the Blueridge for &250 less than were asking, thanks to a link posted by kwack. The guy that used to manage the store always cut local gigging musicians some slack. Haven't dealt with the new guy, so I;m unsure if he adheres to the same policy. If he doesn't, he should. It is good for business to keep the locals happy.

There isn't any of the big box type stores near me. The store I frequent is a chain, but only with a half a dozen or so stores, in several nearby towns.
                          -----------------------------------------------

"Being a musician aint a skill, it's an affliction"

Tyrone Purvis, in the movie "The Honeydrippers"

My Forum
                          The Roost

Comment

Retail stores don't owe you anything besides the marked price. That's the way it is. It doesn't matter how much their markup or profit is. If you don't want to pay that, don't buy it there. I get a decent discount from my local store, more than most guys get, because I've bought stuff from them consisitently since I was in high school, which is a damn long time. Discounts are a reward for customer loyalty, and may even be given as an inducement to get a large sale, but they are not an entitlement.

When I was a trim carpenter, I occaisionally had guys wait until I got all set up ready to start work, and then ask me to drop my price a nickel a foot. The thing is, I might have anyway had they not asked, but since they did, my answer was always no.
                            http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

I disagree with the presumption that a store should knock off % of anything.

Comment

As much as I hate that store they do match Musicians Friend on just about everything (at least the store in Dartmouth, MA does). Too bad it is often junk. Don't know if their warehouse does a lousy job at handling items.
                                My Most Notable Gear:
                                Schecter 007 Elite
                                Jackson DKMG
                                Boss GT-8 Effects
                                Zoom MRS802 Digital Recorder
                                Samson Resolv Monitors
                                Roland RS-50 Keys
                                Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine
                                Peavy Envoy 110 Prac. Amp

Comment

Working...
                                X