X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never shop at Daddy's Music Again

I go into Daddy's looking to buy a new tuner and a strap and couple sets of strings. I also inquire about servicing that GK amp I just got (has a hum). I tell the guy that it's my first time in his store and I usually shop at 2 other stores. Both of which are only 5 min away from his store. He spends time telling me how much better shopping with him is than them.

I go to check out and my total is about $70, I say to him how about cutting me a small discount on the price (5%) he looks at me like I'am crazy and says NO! He then tells me if I want to buy a $20 discount card then he can give me 5% off on some of the iteams.

I have shopped at many different music stores both big box and private onership and this is the first time they didn't knock off at least 5% to make the customer happy. I mean that's how a music store works.

I told him to keep his strap and all but one set of strings. (I didn't have time to go anywhere else or I would have not bought anything) End result I spent $30 and he gained a smaller sale with no discount, but lost me ever going into his store (or any Daddy's) ever again.
    I'd like to be your friend, but you keep locking me out of your house.

Usually I will give a new customer a discount, but I didn't like your looks.
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I'll try to work out a discount if I'm buying something big ticket like a guitar or amp - something costing hundreds of dollars. But for odds and ends like strings, straps, picks, couple of cables, etc. I think you can pretty much expect to pay list.

Most stores keep their markup on these everyday items pretty low cuz they know it gets people into the store and gasing for the big ticket items.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manband
        I'll try to work out a discount if I'm buying something big ticket like a guitar or amp - something costing hundreds of dollars. But for odds and ends like strings, straps, picks, couple of cables, etc. I think you can pretty much expect to pay list.

Most stores keep their markup on these everyday items pretty low cuz they know it gets people into the store and gasing for the big ticket items.

Not to argue, but in fact the small stuff is where they have the largest gross margin. If any product can be price played it's the accessories. So to give a small discount is no big deal, and they do it in hopes that you will then shop there to buy your bigger ticket needs.

Comment

I kind of thought discounts were for customers who are regulars, not newbies?...they give a break to those who show them their loyalty and not just some tom jones who struts in off the street...

he also might have thought you were playing him off the other stores, trying to squeeze him...that can be annoying to anyone...it's like: here's a new customer who is already high 'maintanance' and he's just starting off! damn...

could have been he's having a hard time, or a bad day...

retail is hard with everyone wanting something extra for nothing like it is a right...

like, when I asked daddymack for some lube gratis with my yellow dildo purchase, he immediately spit in my face...it was like he enjoyed it...not what I had in mind

Comment

I'm sorry but you are a cheap bastard. Snipe on ebay if you want a discount, cheapskate.

Comment

Smokey
              10-24-2006 11:43 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Comment

Originally posted by Honor
                Smokey
                10-24-2006 11:43 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Proclaiming that someone is on your ignore list is almost as gay as walking into a music store, making a big deal about how you shop at their competitors, then expecting them to give you a discount on your ****************ty little $50 purchase of strings and a strap....

Comment

Smokey

Proclaiming that someone is on your ignore list is almost as gay as walking into a music store, making a big deal about how you shop at their competitors, then expecting them to give you a discount on your ****************ty little $50 purchase of strings and a strap....

Comment

Smokey

Comment

Smokey

Comment

So damn true, I had to say it four times!

Comment

Comment

Sorry, Honor, but I think you were kinda bein', shall we say...somewhat less than realistic.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Wow, I'am stunned that you guys think that. Around here it's standard practice for a music store to give small discounts on all products. Allways has been. They raise the price and then we ask for a discount, they give it, we walk away thinking we got a deal, they still make $. Everyone is happy. Even the local GC does this on ALL Products. Now if the price of the stuff I had bought at Daddy's had been lower than everywhere else then I'd agree that a discount is unneeded, however I just checked and his price for the strings was $1 higher than everyone elses reg price.

Think what you will but Daddy's SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X