Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchless amps are the shit

you shoulda heard that dude in KINGS OF LEON.

David Lowery too.

It's too late to rethink my whole approach.

Robert Cray played Matchless amps when I saw him.
    http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

They ought to be for what they charge!

I also saw Robert Cray play Matchless and he changed guitars every song. Just outstanding clean tone.

Comment

I'd like to hear a matchless live. I like cathode biased amps, and they are the kings of that.

Comment

The DC-30 is my favorite "clean" amp.

My main amp is a Lightning clone.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Sry if this is a dumb question, but what is ment by "matchless"?

I'd like to be your friend, but you keep locking me out of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Honor

I always assumed it meant "unmatched" as in "without equal". Sort of like "peerless".

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Comment

it's got an electric starter
                  GIMMAGE Avatar Generator
                  Domain Parking Script
                  MyGathering.Info Article Reader
                  Tech Outfitters Tech for travel
                  Apphile App store search
                  The Art World of Loren MacIver
                  Postpainting Online Art Site
                  Apple Mac OSX iPad iPhone iPod Touch News & Info
                  also..
                  Twitter College
                  ANIMAL FIGHT
                  Commodore Magazine

Comment

You don't need lighter fluid.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
                    -Dorothy Parker

Comment

It means "Bad Cat".
                      My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

It's a brand.

http://www.woodsys.com/match.html
                        http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

played a clubman head once...i think they were, like, the cheaper models in his line (??) I dunno...

nice amp. I dont think it's worth the $1500+ they go for now (I think)...

but damn, there are so many fine amps made these days, it's not like the sampson alternative is the only boat to float anymore...the cache exceeds the reality...I am guessing though since I haven't heard all his stuff...

*leaves sheepishly*

Comment

Matchless, TopHat, Bad Cat...***lust***
                            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Lowery's always had serious tone, IMO. I love that guy. He's my hero.
                              Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Working...
                              X