No announcement yet.

Guns. Right to carry? yes or no ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns. Right to carry? yes or no ?

It's sad that guns were banned on the Virginia Tech Campus. All the students and Faculty were sitting ducks. Somethings got to change, either the Faculty being trained to use a fire arms to protect students or higher a freaking security force to secure each building on campus.

Yes, but it should be limited to faculty.
    Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Well...first of all this belongs in the politics forum, IMHO.
      Second of all, I don't know where you went to college, but most of the faculty I studied under would have fainted at the sight of a Glock...
      Trained professional security...and oxymoron...but a deterrent in many cases.
      If weapons were banned...then how were they enforcing said ban? How were they ensuring the security of the campus?
      I'm not anti-firearms, but alowing anyone and everyone to wander around a college campus armed with concealed weapons does not leave me with a warm feeling...now, if it had been at VMI...maybe...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
      "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Well...first of all this belongs in the politics forum, IMHO.
        Second of all, I don't know where you went to college, but most of the faculty I studied under would have fainted at the sight of a Glock...
        Trained professional security...and oxymoron...but a deterrent in many cases.
        If weapons were banned...then how were they enforcing said ban? How were they ensuring the security of the campus?
        I'm not anti-firearms, but alowing anyone and everyone to wander around a college campus armed with concealed weapons does not leave me with a warm feeling...now, if it had been at VMI...maybe...

There are plenty of threads about this in the political forum, thanks!

I was interested in this forums opinion since I know some of you guys.

Comment

I love the last choice. Typical ****************ing American thinking
          GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
          It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
          to connect with other pompous blowhards
          in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

There are no weapons to protect us from the truly disturbed. If you want to die and take out some people with you, there're ways to do it without guns. Think car bombs in crowded places.

Comment

I have a carry permit in NC. It was poorly written, Any place that posts a sign can legally request yo leave the firearm behind. A long list of forbidden carrry areas include Govt buildings and schools.
              Anyone could walk into my kids school and do the same thing that happened today.
              Oddly enough the penaly for violating the carry law by a permitted individual is worse than a non permitted person just carrying.

Comment

Its nice to see that after such a tragedy today, you guys are bringing up all the old arguments, and looking at stuff on the ground, instead of ideas in ther air.

Comment

gun production and circulation must cease.
                  [SIZE="1"]Guitar
                  yerp

Amp
                  not at the moment

Effects
                  yerp

Comment

gun production and circulation must cease.

Sure and Pigs must fly.

Criminals will always have guns. Period.

Comment

everyone should carry guitars instead..

in the perfect world...

Comment

in the perfect world...

I'm with you on that one but someone would start modifying Strats to fire 200 rounds a minute before too long.
                        Professor Tom

Comment

I love the last choice. Typical ****************ing American thinking

it's true

I don't want to be a sitting duck. Criminals are always going to have guns. The knowledge that law abiding citizens are not armed will make it easy pickins for them. Too bad there was no challenge yesterday on that campus.

Comment

in the perfect world...

That's the best idea I've heard YET !

Comment

I think that this is an example of punishing the 99.99% for the 0.01%. The reality of the statistics is that you're incredibly unlikely to get shot and killed on campus. The media coverage just makes it seem more likely.

I say take your chances and don't let the psychos rule your life through your head.

Comment

Working...
                              X