Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I was diagnosed with Diverticulosis/Diverticulitis

I hope the doctor is right because I feel so weak and tired I fear it's something much worse
    Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
    1st generation Irish

In fact, Dblazer was hospitalized for 10 days with Diverticulosis not too long ago. You may want to drop him a PM.

Good luck!
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Will do

Thank you ShesGotVerve.

I hope everything goes ok for you as well.

Dan
      1st generation Irish

Comment

I've been living with diverticulitis for decades. It's a crap shoot, and no two cases are the same. Good luck, MFA, and keep us posted.
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

My mom and my brother in law have it, and from what they say, it sucks. I am sorry to hear you may have it, but it could be a lot more serious, bro.
          I had a signature once...

Comment

Found out I had it the hard way about 3 years ago. Had been feeling off and really bloated. Finally went and saw my doc. He touch my stomach (( very lightly )) and I damn hit hit him the pain was so intense. Told me to go to the hospital right away and he would call ahead so I wouldn't have to wait in the ER.

After a bunch of tests, found out that I had diverticulitis and the infection was so bad that a part of my large intestine had ruptured. 6 days later I was released from the hospital. 5 months later they took out 1/3 of my large intestine. Proceeded to have 4 more surgeries over the next 12 months to clear up a bad staph infection.

As long as I watch what I eat I am fine for the most part, though once in a while I get some really sharp pains for a day or two. Though a couple of weeks ago it flared up, bunch of test later I was on a boat load of anti-biotics. Seems like I am out of the woods for now, but it is still pretty sore. Odds are in the next couple of years I am going to have to have another section removed.

All I can suggest is to listen to your doc, and don't mess around with this. Watch what you eat very carefully.
            Good luck.

Comment

Found out I had it the hard way about 3 years ago. Had been feeling off and really bloated. Finally went and saw my doc. He touch my stomach (( very lightly )) and I damn hit hit him the pain was so intense. Told me to go to the hospital right away and he would call ahead so I wouldn't have to wait in the ER.

After a bunch of tests, found out that I had diverticulitis and the infection was so bad that a part of my large intestine had ruptured. 6 days later I was released from the hospital. 5 months later they took out 1/3 of my large intestine. Proceeded to have 4 more surgeries over the next 12 months to clear up a bad staph infection.

As long as I watch what I eat I am fine for the most part, though once in a while I get some really sharp pains for a day or two. Though a couple of weeks ago it flared up, bunch of test later I was on a boat load of anti-biotics. Seems like I am out of the woods for now, but it is still pretty sore. Odds are in the next couple of years I am going to have to have another section removed.

All I can suggest is to listen to your doc, and don't mess around with this. Watch what you eat very carefully.
              Good luck.

Wow man you went through a rough time...a friend of mine has chrones disease (spelling?) he ended up having a 1/3rd of his intestines removed.

I received the results of all my test today and they were all inclusive that I do indeed have it...antibiotics don't seem to be helping as much as I had hoped.

I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy in early December.
              1st generation Irish

Comment

You'll **************** through the eye of a needle sometimes. It's not the end of the world. My 74 year old dad has to deal with it, in addition to having survived 4 major heart attacks.

Mojo to yer but don't worry, be happy as they say.
                Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

Comment

Wow man you went through a rough time...a friend of mine has chrones disease (spelling?) he ended up having a 1/3rd of his intestines removed.

I received the results of all my test today and they were all inclusive that I do indeed have it...antibiotics don't seem to be helping as much as I had hoped.

I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy in early December.

Yea, my doc said that I have the colon of a 70 year old (( I am 36 ))

The colonoscopy is actually pretty easy, I've had my share of those. The worst part about it is the day before. The liquid you have to drank to get ready for it is interesting. Just stay within 15' of a bathroom.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X