X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my singing

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789376

Ok so I posted breathe first then I added survive and say it aint so. Thx to thb and daddymack so far. I have no idea what's working and what's not or if I just suck all together. Some days I like some of the stuff I record, but mostly I can't stand the sound of my own voice. I posted a couple things on youtube before, but they hardly got any views so I took them down. The mic on my webcam sucked, too.

That's a bad track to have us listen to in terms of vocal critique. It sounds like you're mumbling because you're in such a low register you can't be heard over the guitar. Got anything else?

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

well...THB is right...is there something else we could judge by? 'Breathe' seems more like you are just reading the lyrics off a napkin...and Survive..FIRST, cut the 20+ second intor and get to the song!
      Tips:...rehearse the song so you know it insie and out BEFORE you record and ask opinions; you sound way too tentative and unfamiliar with the material to do it justice. I hear no passion, no sense of emotion...just words following a rhytm track...not a fully realized song. I think once you wrap yourself around the song, you will find your voice is stronger and more clear...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Sounds like you're accentuations are on the downstroke of your strumming...but I'm no better.

The tone of your voice is fine, though.

Comment

my opinion..there's nothing on these tracs that grabs me,your voice sounded ok in the quieter mode of 2 of them
          it's ok I guess for a start
          keep workin on it

oh yea...first critique is free
          next time,bring your checkbook oke:

Comment

It ain't easy to grab Pully!

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

pro grabs dont count

OK..I gave it a second listen...I know..call me crazy

Guitariztddddddddddd...dude you just need a drummer and

dont forget teh checkbook

Comment

sure it is...right around that pencil neck of his...
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Ok no one said I suck yet, and I'm honestly really surprised. I seriously can't stand the sound of my voice and I hate myself for having to post on a forum to get self confidence.

Anyways, thanks to everyone so far for not absolutely hating me.

Comment

sure it is...right around that pencil neck of his...

The pencil neck of his what?
                    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Ok no one said I suck yet, and I'm honestly really surprised. I seriously can't stand the sound of my voice and I hate myself for having to post on a forum to get self confidence.

I didn't like mine either at first.

Still don't!

Comment

I didn't like mine either at first.

Still don't!

Nobody does.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

You'll be fine.
                          Just pratice and do it with more confidence!!

If it won't fetch a bird, It isn't a dog!

If you have something to say about me, say it behind my back, because I don't F'n care!!!

Comment

The pencil neck of his what?
                            hush up, you... always gotta interject some sexual innuendo, doncha?!?! Well...stick his pencil neck innuendo!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X