Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be worse. Disco could always make a comeback.

it's called techno now
    Originally Posted by tumbleweeed

You want some more Jello, boy? Its made with Hooves!

Comment

Big record labels and the fact that you can find any song for free in the internet are destroying most genres of music...very sad, just a matter of time
      Online Guitar Tuner / Rock Videos / Guitars / Music Videos / Guitar Tabs

Comment

Big record labels and the fact that you can find any song for free in the internet are destroying most genres of music...very sad, just a matter of time

I think what is being destroyed is the mega-empire recording labels. The business model is growing more and more obsolete. The burgeoning small studio/ home studios are putting out pro quality recordings at a fraction of the cost of big labels. And the once impenetrable distribution chain has been broken. Anybody can post their music on-line where everyone who wants it can have it at a fraction of what a record co. would charge.

Anybody can do it now...with out the overhead of a giant corp.

Comment

I almost don't listen (to radio) much, anymore. Occasionally, will "surf" around the dial (AM and FM), just for a listen ... in case there's something going-down that I'd missed lately.

I write / compose a lot of original material. I find I have more inspiration by not listening to other's music, lest I be influenced, even subliminally (ref: the "He's So Fine" / "My Sweet Lord" controversy and lawsuit).
          ~ Namaste ....
          Yogi Robt

~ Love animals ... don't eat them ~

Comment

I think what is being destroyed is the mega-empire recording labels. The business model is growing more and more obsolete. The burgeoning small studio/ home studios are putting out pro quality recordings at a fraction of the cost of big labels. And the once impenetrable distribution chain has been broken. Anybody can post their music on-line where everyone who wants it can have it at a fraction of what a record co. would charge.

Anybody can do it now...with out the overhead of a giant corp.

That's just it...is that a good thing??

The mega-empire recording labels going down means several things in my mind. It's FANTASTIC for the musicians. It's MUCH easier to get your stuff out in today's market without having to become part of a major label.

On the other hand it's HORRIBLE for the listeners (those of us looking for GOOD new music) because the market is completely flooded with garbage. The problem, in my mind, is that the big labels are doing exactly what they always have done, trying to make money. And unfortunately the money today comes from the big pop stars. Who unfortunately make horrible music. (I understand this is all relative, but who can seriously claim that anything by Brittney Spears is honest to goodness talent-based production).

At least with a record label you had to work really hard to get noticed. And the crap would be left in the underground (not the other way around).

Comment

thats right so when they have a money maker they milk all they can from it .. when that starts to dry up they find a clone.
              Chet Atkins was playing his guitar when a woman approached him. She said, "That guitar sounds beautiful". Chet immediately quit playing. Staring her in the eyes he asked, "How does it sound now?"

Comment

I roll all reclined like...

staight GANGSTA! bitches
                Guitars:G&L ASAT Bluesboy
                Amp: Fender Deluxe
                Effects(in use):
                Fulltone Clyde Standard wah
                Boss OC-3 octave
                Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
                HAZ Mu-Tron III+
                TS9 w/MonteAllums trigain mod
                Boss CS-3 w/MonteAllums+mod
                RC-20(loop station)
                MXR Micro Chorus
                BYOC PingPong
                Good Deals: danielboles , claudemorrow, conquertoascend, ringo11, Boomer, Gomez315, scott eave, emmerwood, torgeot

Comment

Anybody can do it now.

That's the problem.
                  http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

yeah, being the 18-year-old young pup I am, I've noticed most of the bands that come out now make it with one or two hits off of an album then fade away... unless they conform to some sort of pop-based "sound"... Green Day, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters.. all of them had big runs where they were the biggest thing on the planet for a while, but all of them faded out to a degree... I think they just get so much exposure and money that they can just sit back and not worry about writing good stuff...

I think groups like Lifehouse, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Ben Folds and John Mayer will prove to stick around a while... they have solid fan bases and write out of love for music... unlike a lot of them who once they hit it big just keep writing to produce the next Top 40 hit...

..and no I'm not just a fanboy for all of those groups... I dig Lifehouse, but haven't really listened to the others very much...
                    Nash Tele: TC Polytune > Keeley 4K Comp > JHS Mini-Foot Fuzz > Menatone Red Snapper > JHS Double Barrel > VPJr > Strymon Brigadier > Strymon Timeline > TC Electronic Hall of Fame: Victoria 20112T

Good Deals: Amplifier Worship, ajboy, mrlutton, Overwhelmed987, TheRiffer, battleangel6, BrianPhase90, Anderer, and many many more[/SIZE]

Comment

Lifehouse?

Hmmm ....

I remember Lighthouse ("One Fine Morning"), however.
                      ~ Namaste ....
                      Yogi Robt

~ Love animals ... don't eat them ~

Comment

I remember lifehouse they did the hanging by moment song.

Dave Matthews still tours without end, and I'm surprised the counting crows faded away as much as they did, it's like they just ran out of material

Comment

The state of music is Texas and sometimes California.

That will be all.
                          http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Working...
                          X