Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

We had our first freeze last night - welcome winter!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had our first freeze last night - welcome winter!

It went down to 30 overnight, and it was brrrrrrrrr cold when I let the dog out this morning.

I'm hoping (as I do every year) for lots of snow.

I know Taylor will be irritated he has to close his sliding glass door.

If all else fails, I can ask Tweedy to please aim his SnoBots at Raleigh.

Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

It went down this morning.

I'm hoping (as I do every year) for lots of Jvod.

"

I know Taylor will be irritated he has to close his sliding pants door.

If all else fails, I can ask Tweedy to please aim his "SnoBots" at Raleigh.

FIXED

Comment

FIXED

REPORTED

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

REPORTED

But I never left for sea again

Comment

Snowed last night, but we were pretty much at the snow line (5150 ft) and only got a skiff. It's definitely winter though. Should warm up to 40? tomorrow. I've got to get some Niger thistle for the gold finches and other birdies.
          NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

I know Taylor will be irritated he has to close his sliding glass door.

Yahoo says it's 56 here, it's cloudy and it's been trying to rain since last night. I lit the pilot on the heater last week, and I've been wearing slippers around the house at night.

Thanksgiving day it was 78 and sunny. This must be winter.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Yahoo says it's 56 here, it's cloudy and it's been trying to rain since last night. I lit the pilot on the heater last week, and I've been wearing slippers around the house at night.

Thanksgiving day it was 78 and sunny. This must be winter.

*78sturbates*
              http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

If all else fails, I can ask Tweedy to please aim his SnoBots at Raleigh.

Just have him wash his hands first please.
                Proud member of the Les Paul Jr Crew

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away - EP

Thanks, and rock on! - Your Harmony Central team

Comment

Dorset weather is going all alliterative:- It has been the wettest, windiest, warmest November that Weymouth has ever witnessed.

Most years, we would have had a frost or two by now. Instead, we have often turned the heating off lately, because it is too warm indoors. I am still wearing short-sleeved T-shirts.

We have had three weeks of storm-force winds: forty miles per hour, gusting to seventy.

Nobody dares set foot on Chesil beach, the conditions are too dangerous. At this rate, I might have to buy fish from a shop!!!

I don't recall ever having such heavy rain, day after day, for so many weeks. My over-winter crops are loving it. The garlic, peas and broad-beans are shooting up, just like springtime.

Comment

I saw some flurries yesterday afternoon.
                    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                    Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

It went down to 30 overnight, and it was brrrrrrrrr cold when I let the dog out this morning.

I'm hoping (as I do every year) for lots of snow.

I love the snow too as I'm an avid skier. Why do you like the snow?
                      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Well, it's pretty (at first). It makes the water I drink and all the farmers and ranchers need around here.
                        NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

Where I grew up we got lots of snow. I think snow is pretty, and when we have a rare "snow day" it always takes me back to my childhood and all the fun we had sledding and stuff, and having Mom bundle me all up till I was stiff!

I skied when I was much younger, but it's really the "playfulness" and beauty of snow that I love the most. I always look forward to winter....hoping.

Comment

bundle me all up till I was stiff!

You wouldn't have to bundle me too long....

Comment

Where I grew up we got lots of snow. I think snow is pretty, and when we have a rare "snow day" it always takes me back to my childhood and all the fun we had sledding and stuff, and having Mom bundle me all up till I was stiff!

I skied when I was much younger, but it's really the "playfulness" and beauty of snow that I love the most. I always look forward to winter....hoping.

I hear ya. I grew up in New Brunswick and it was nothing to get a foot of snow at a time. We didn't even think it was a snow storm until there was at least eight inches of white come down. Being in a small town and me being and early riser, I liked to go out and see the snow before there were any tracks in it by man or beast. With the sun shining on it and in fields or roads that hadn't been plowed yet, it was beautiful, when the sun shone on it and you could see the "diamonds" glistening on into the distance. Thanks for bringing back some great childhood memories.
                              Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Working...
                              X