Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of Teh Who, it should have been Teh What ....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of Teh Who, it should have been Teh What ....

.... the HELL was that?

C'mon man, I didn't think they would sell out to lip syncing and playing along to a guitar track!

Do you think these could have been Alien imposters?

they did good for old men
    www.scatterlee.com

Comment

They were great!

Comment

I didn't notice any lip-syncing. In fact early on I thought there were some spots where the vocals weren't quite together. In those big stadiums, the delay in the sound can make it seem like they are not singing. I thought they did a great job overall.

They did have some back-up players helping hold things together while Pete did his windmills, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. They don't have the energy of their early shows, but it would be silly to expect that in their mid-sixties.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
        -Dorothy Parker

Comment

I thought it was considerably better than some of the halftime shows of recent years.

Comment

The Who have a history of playing to pre-recorded material...the whole Quadrophenia tour comes to mind, as does Tommy...but, I think everything we saw and heard yesterday was LIVE...Pete ain't gettin' any younger though...and Daltrey is older than he is!
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

I didn't notice any lip-syncing. In fact early on I thought there were some spots where the vocals weren't quite together. In those big stadiums, the delay in the sound can make it seem like they are not singing. I thought they did a great job overall.

They did have some back-up players helping hold things together while Pete did his windmills, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. They don't have the energy of their early shows, but it would be silly to expect that in their mid-sixties.

Uh... the backup guitarist was Pete's son.

Comment

Uh... the backup guitarist was Pete's son.

I had read that the backup guitarist was his brother Simon. Also, the drummer was Zak Starkey. You might know who his dad is.
                Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

I had read that the backup guitarist was his brother Simon. Also, the drummer was Zak Starkey. You might know who his dad is.

ooops.

Comment

Pino Palladino on bass - one of the best in the world. I wish I could have heard him, though...

Zack Starkey on drums - taught by Keith Moon.

Simon Townsend on guitar - Pete's bro.

Johnny Bundrick on keys.

The vocals seemed live, except for 'Teenage Wasteland' - I saw a discrepancy between Daltrey's mouth and the vocals only on the beginning of that song. I think Pete's vocals were live all the way thru. Preprogrammed backing vocal loops, preprogrammed synth break, etc.

I don't really care how bad they sounded - I'd have given a lot to be on stage with them.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Pino Palladino on bass - one of the best in the world. I wish I could have heard him, though...

Zack Starkey on drums - taught by Keith Moon and Ringo Starr's kid

Simon Townsend on guitar - Pete's bro.

Johnny Bundrick on keys.

The vocals seemed live, except for 'Teenage Wasteland' - I saw a discrepancy between Daltrey's mouth and the vocals only on the beginning of that song. I think Pete's vocals were live all the way thru. Preprogrammed backing vocal loops, preprogrammed synth break, etc.

I don't really care how bad they sounded - I'd have given a lot to be on stage with them.

Fix'd
                      Shot From Guns
                      www.shotfromguns.wordpress.com - New updates!

The Artful Dodger -
                      www.soundclick.com/theartfuldodger

"Business acumen, institution building, and shrewd political maneuvering are the only way to protect conscious artistry."

"The more fragile harmonics can survive in a vacuum tube, where they seem to be eliminated or squashed in the solid state crystal lattice. Maybe it just comes down to that." - the wise Alexander Dumble

Comment

They were great!

Yeah, I know

I rewatched it on you t0ob and I think the 5th beer was the problem during teh original broadcast .....

They started out kind of bumpy, but did pretty good over all. I didn't see that second guitar the first time around .... that's why I thought it was partly a sound track.

I don't think he was hitting the strings on the windmills, either that or that Fender amp kind of sucked for dynamics.

Comment

I didn't think it was bad. Then again, I'm way to young to have seen them in their prime.

Comment

Yeah, I know

I rewatched it on you t0ob and I think the 5th beer was the problem during teh original broadcast .....

They started out kind of bumpy, but did pretty good over all. I didn't see that second guitar the first time around .... that's why I thought it was partly a sound track.

I don't think he was hitting the strings on the windmills, either that or that Fender amp kind of sucked for dynamics.

I was wondering about the windmills, which didn't seem to do much that was audible. Seemed like he was turned down or something. It was more for the show, I guess. That big display showing the windmills was cool.
                            No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
                            -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
                            X