Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Country/rockabilly sample..what do you think?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country/rockabilly sample..what do you think?

i'm not an expert at this style...but wanted to at least be proficient at it...here's a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4jAfTDcXqs

Technically, you are on the right track...how long did it take you to work all that up...we haven't seen you for quite a while.
    Chicken pickin' isn't only about speed...or scales.. you need those 'jaw drop inducing' switches....keep in mind, it shouldn't all be ripping scales up and down...some melodic interplay with the chord changes, creating tension, would be more effective, but if you keep at this, you should find the sweet spot...

to be honest, I find the whole Albert Lee/Brent Mason thing absolutely entertaining. In 1995 I was demoing at NAMM, and so was Albert, and I would schedule my breaks so I could catch his demos...the guy was just so remarkable then...here we are 16 years later, and he still makes me go 'oooooh'
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Working...
    X