X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Cherri
    Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

Did you get paid for 3.5 hrs?
      No extra loot, I didn't ask because I was enjoying myself. The pay was most satisfactory.
      #4F
      "Cherri is our resident mom/ surrogate wife/ diplomat/ arbiter of common sense...and we lubs her..."

Triple Shot

CNV Soundclick Page

Comment

It went well. I was the human jukebox in the corner, no pressure to interact or make chit chat.

This is what I love about solo gigs, to be honest. You're there to provide ambiance, and those who want to listen will listen, those who don't won't. But even when you think no one is listening, someone will come up and tell how much they like you or what a song you played meant to them. I've had nights where I felt I might as well have stayed home, but at the end of the night I'll have 60 or 80 dollars in the tip jar on top of what they paid me.
        http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

I'll have to bring a tip jar next time.
          #4F
          "Cherri is our resident mom/ surrogate wife/ diplomat/ arbiter of common sense...and we lubs her..."

Triple Shot

CNV Soundclick Page

Comment

Very cool!

Yes, bring a tip jar!

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
            -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Glad it went well, Cherri! You should video your next one!
              "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
              "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I don't have a video camera. Seriously it took me years to figure out how to make a DVD player work. Just not a mechanical person. Did you see the video of Triple Shot doing "Rehab" on FB?
                #4F

Triple Shot

CNV Soundclick Page

Comment

sorry...FB? Oh, FazeBoot? never signed up...I'm too busy in here, and having my life unfold around me in real time

new vid cams are cheap and simple to operate...put on tripod, they focus automatically...turn on...with a decent sized memory card, you can get a couple of hours of video!
                  "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
                  "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

sorry...FB? Oh, FazeBoot? never signed up...I'm too busy in here, and having my life unfold around me in real time

new vid cams are cheap and simple to operate...put on tripod, they focus automatically...turn on...with a decent sized memory card, you can get a couple of hours of video!

I tried that and it sucked. First, it picks up a lot of crowd noise. The one video we did at the nice intimate restaurant we were hoping to use for booking, but you can hear "tonight's special is a nice boulliabase with a fresh garden salad and the dressing of your choice" almost as loud as the music, because the tables go right up to the stage. Then there's laughter, conversation, glasses clinking, etc.
                    http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

I sang "Seven Year Ache" even though I had just learned it Tuesday, and oddly that seemed to be one of the best received tunes. .

There's no " oddly " about. That's my favorite country song of all time.
                      It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

I tried that and it sucked. First, it picks up a lot of crowd noise. The one video we did at the nice intimate restaurant we were hoping to use for booking, but you can hear "tonight's special is a nice boulliabase with a fresh garden salad and the dressing of your choice" almost as loud as the music, because the tables go right up to the stage. Then there's laughter, conversation, glasses clinking, etc.
                        But..that is what we call 'ambiance'... yes, but...many come with an external mic input....I'm jus'sayin'....the typical mini dynamic mic on the video recorders are crap anyway...

Comment

I've got a Zoom H4n recorder that has two condenser mics and you can hook it to a video cam. The mics are great - and very sensitive, and they pick up all the ambient noise at the same level as the band!

It has two XLR inputs for external mics so you could you can plug in your SM58s for your voice and guitar, but I haven't tried it.
                          NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

But..that is what we call 'ambiance'... yes, but...many come with an external mic input....I'm jus'sayin'....the typical mini dynamic mic on the video recorders are crap anyway...

The zoom recorders/video cams sound remarkable good, IMO.

Comment

The zoom recorders/video cams sound remarkable good, IMO.

Yes,I was amazed by mine when I first used it - didn't expect it to sound so good! But I really have to be careful using it. I haven't solved the problem that it will pick up every foot tap and chair creak while you are playing!
                              NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

it needs to be in a shock mount

Comment

Working...
                                X